Wild trade deadline

Icechipper

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

To me the Zucker trade was more to make room for Kaprizov next season than getting younger and faster. He needs a top six wing spot, and at that point in time the top six wings were Parise (NMC), Zuccarello (NMC), Fiala (actually producing!) and Zucker (MNTC). 

Guerin can’t move two of them, and Fiala is younger and starting to put points up. That left Zucker as odd man out. 

Yes but if Zucker would've been say the best goal scorer then I don't know if BG would've pulled the trigger. Zucker doing nothing just made the move as a very sensible thing to do, forced to make room for Kaprizov or not.

3 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Koivu right now would slide nicely as a face off/penalty kill 3rd or4th line role on any number of playoff contenders. Thorton as well. Koivu can say he's not interested.... but the chance to join a team like Boston or St. Loius? Don't kid yourself. Could be his retirement payday. Economics says that there's a price point at which everything is possible. Koivu has been hurt but he's a horse when healthy. Family issues, yes, we all have them. Those are his. Not ours.....he's a hockey player, and he like his older brother, Saku, is a competitor.

A horse?  C'mon...how many years ago?  He has 2 goals...Koivu is going to retire a lot more comfortably than most of us will.  IMO, whether its family stuff or not...I think he wanted to play for just ONE team.  Lucky us :rolleyes:

Edited by CreaseAndAssist
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

A horse?  C'mon...how many years ago?  He has 2 goals...Koivu is going to retire a lot more comfortably than most of us will.  IMO, whether its family stuff or not...I think he wanted to play for just ONE team.  Lucky us :rolleyes:

I think Saku was similar not necessarily playing for only one team since he didn't do that but I 'm pretty sure he never wanted to play for us just because Mikko was here and he didn't want to overshadow him. At least I am pretty sure that was something he's said.

20 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

I think Saku was similar not necessarily playing for only one team since he didn't do that but I 'm pretty sure he never wanted to play for us just because Mikko was here and he didn't want to overshadow him. At least I am pretty sure that was something he's said.

That’s right. I know there was a lot of excitement thinking that Saku would sign with the Wild When Montreal let him go and the team would have the Koivu brothers on a line. But Saku said he didn’t want to go to the Wild because it was “Mikko’s team”. 

I imagine it was because he was the older brother, and there is always something with older and younger brothers...

Well, watching replay of Blues domination of Wild, I would say that Dumba did his best to discourage trade offers, while Pateryn made the case for being sent down to a beer league on a conditioning assignment. And if we were "showcasing" Dubnyk, it sure-fire back-fired. I'm thinking at this point Guerin will be hard pressed to get anything in return for any of our roster players. Suppose the captains committee saw all the visiting scouts in attendance and decided to present their own production of "Frozen" on ice. 

Edited by Icechipper

Guerin in the locker room between periods:
"Every scout in the NHL is out there tonight, with contracts in their pockets, and they're looking for talent. For winners. OOOOOOOOOH. All my years of publicity. Of the fashion shows and radiothons, for nothing... They come here tonight... to scout the Chiefs... the toughest team in the Federal League. Not this. Buncha...*******!"

(with apologies to Joe McGrath, legendary general manager of the Charleston Chiefs........)

Edited by Icechipper
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Well, watching replay of Blues domination of Wild, I would say that Dumba did his best to discourage trade offers, while Pateryn made the case for being sent down to a beer league on a conditioning assignment. And if we were "showcasing" Dubnyk, it sure-fire back-fired. I'm thinking at this point Guerin will be hard pressed to get anything in return for any of our roster players. Suppose the captains committee saw all the visiting scouts in attendance and decided to present their own production of "Frozen" on ice. 

Agreed, But I doubt 1 game would make or break a deal especially when it was against a stifling Blues team.

Dumba did look even rougher than usual tho. More head scratching decisions on the fly.

I'll never understand why so many people think (If we trade him) He'll become the next Burns.

Burns never played this irratic while with the Wild.

How long do we wait to find out??

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Agreed, But I doubt 1 game would make or break a deal especially when it was against a stifling Blues team.

Dumba did look even rougher than usual tho. More head scratching decisions on the fly.

I'll never understand why so many people think (If we trade him) He'll become the next Burns.

Burns never played this irratic while with the Wild.

How long do we wait to find out??

Because his numbers are very similar to what Burns did at a similar age... 

Burns               Dumba            
Age GMS G A Pts Plus/Minus TOI   Age GMS G A Pts Plus/Minus TOI
20 72 4 12 16 -7 14.07   20 58 8 8 16 13 15.01
21 77 7 18 25 16 15.48   21 81 10 16 26 1 16.5
22 82 15 28 43 12 23.08   22 76 11 23 34 15 20.2
23 59 8 19 27 -7 22.25   23 82 14 36 50 15 23.49
24 47 3 17 20 -15 22.22   24 32 12 10 22 -5 23.23
25 80 17 29 46 -10 25.03   25 61 4 17 21 -11 22.38
  69.5 54 123 177 -11       65 59 110 169 28  

Holy buckets, TSN reporting Islanders trying to land PARISE...

12:31 - Isles working on Parise

Wait, what?

Hearing #isles are working on a deal that would reunite Zach Parise and GM Lou Lamoriello. Not done yet.

Frank Seravalli reporting that the Islanders are working on a deal to land Zach Parise from the Minnesota Wild.

Andrew Ladd would be part of the return going to Minneapolis.

Parise has five years remaining on his current deal at $7.5M, while Ladd has three years at $5.5M.

2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Holy buckets, TSN reporting Islanders trying to land PARISE...

12:31 - Isles working on Parise

Wait, what?

Hearing #isles are working on a deal that would reunite Zach Parise and GM Lou Lamoriello. Not done yet.

Frank Seravalli reporting that the Islanders are working on a deal to land Zach Parise from the Minnesota Wild.

Andrew Ladd would be part of the return going to Minneapolis.

Parise has five years remaining on his current deal at $7.5M, while Ladd has three years at $5.5M.

Too good for the Wild.

BG has to promise Lamoriello a night with Bill's wife or anything else to get it done. This deal would be a big part of a genuine and successful rebuild.

Just now, Hockey-78 said:

Too good for the Wild.

BG has to promise Lamoriello a night with Bill's wife or anything else to get it done. This deal would be a big part of a genuine and successful rebuild.

The Wild better hope Parise doesn't "retire" before 2025. The cap recapture penalties will kill the team.

2020 - $3,874,029

2021 - $4,842,536

2022 - $6,456,715

2023 - $9,685,072

2024 - $19,370,145

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

7 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Could they really be able to negotiate a deal?!? How would they be able to cope with the recapture penalty risk?

the knucklehead owner has to pay for his mistakes ...i don't pity dumb billionaires

Edited by wildstars95

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Because his numbers are very similar to what Burns did at a similar age... 

Burns               Dumba            
Age GMS G A Pts Plus/Minus TOI   Age GMS G A Pts Plus/Minus TOI
20 72 4 12 16 -7 14.07   20 58 8 8 16 13 15.01
21 77 7 18 25 16 15.48   21 81 10 16 26 1 16.5
22 82 15 28 43 12 23.08   22 76 11 23 34 15 20.2
23 59 8 19 27 -7 22.25   23 82 14 36 50 15 23.49
24 47 3 17 20 -15 22.22   24 32 12 10 22 -5 23.23
25 80 17 29 46 -10 25.03   25 61 4 17 21 -11 22.38
  69.5 54 123 177 -11       65 59 110 169 28  

#'s sure, But I don't remember as many inconsistencies and basically bonehead plays with Burns. *shrugs* 

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

The Wild better hope Parise doesn't "retire" before 2025. The cap recapture penalties will kill the team.

2020 - $3,874,029

2021 - $4,842,536

2022 - $6,456,715

2023 - $9,685,072

2024 - $19,370,145

Does all that transfer to NYI if the trade happens? 

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Does all that transfer to NYI if the trade happens? 

No it doesn't. It stays with the Wild. The Isles get some piddly penalty in 2020 and 2021 ($64K and $193K) if he retires, but all of that hits the Wild if he retires anytime before 2025. The only time it wouldn't apply is if he retires for medical reasons.

• Like 1