These are the times that try men’s souls...

SpikeDDS

I tried watching a whole Red Wing hockey game. Honestly I tried. But the 3-0 loss was just too much. I couldn’t do it!

i can’t remember the last time I watched a Red Wing hockey game from start to finish.

I knew the bottom was coming. It IS here now. But I guess I didn’t really understand what the bottom Really looks like.

We got outworked, outshot 2:1, and outplayed. At home. And Bernier stood tall. We were fortunate that it was only 3-0. He was the only reason I was able to watch as long as I did.

The Wings Gabe up their TENTH shorty this season. I’d say it was the back-breaker, but the back was broken all night. That goal finally severed the spinal cord.

We are losing on fundamentals. We are forgetting how to pass a puck to the tape. Simple passes are being missed. This is partly lacking talent, but it is also mental. This dreadful season and the lack of hope is finally hitting with full force.

Remind me what a Red Wing goal looks like again?

THANK THE LORD ABOVE FOR CURLING!!! I actually watched the last 5 minutes of the Super Bowl, I am THAT desperate.

The draft lottery can’t come soon enough.

Grand Rapids is bad too, which doubly sucks for me. 

Hrokenk, Bert, Fabbri all steped up. Still little to hang our hats on, but true fans stick around so that we can cheer even louder when the eventual turnaround comes.

6 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

Remind me what a Red Wing goal looks like again?

Almost...

...cheer up it's almost over sometimes you have to venture to the bottom of the barrell to find your way out and think of it this way you may get a nice consolation prize from sucking so bad come draft time...it can be a key piece to a quick rebuild sometimes.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

I knew the bottom was coming. It IS here now. But I guess I didn’t really understand what the bottom Really looks like.

[ Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment has entered the chat ]

Sorry, I know the joke is getting old......  ;) 

Getting to the bottom is one thing, staying there for 45 out of 50 years is the real challenge!

Just imagine, the Leafs have made the playoffs for three seasons in a row now?  If they continue along on their current path, then by the time I'm living in an old age home, the Leafs will have tied the Red Wings consecutive playoffs streak.

The Red Wings made the playoffs more frequently in the past 25 years than the Leafs have in their 100 year franchise history. (I might be stretching the truth there a bit, but I'm actually not going to research that because it could be true!)

On 2/4/2020 at 7:45 AM, yave1964 said:

Grand Rapids is bad too, which doubly sucks for me. 

Hrokenk, Bert, Fabbri all steped up. Still little to hang our hats on, but true fans stick around so that we can cheer even louder when the eventual turnaround comes.

See, I was hoping that the report from down there would at least be better.

Last year was the first year I regretted paying the NHL.TV fee, because I stopped watching games as much. I've tried. I still paid this year. I...just...can't watch a whole game! It's too pathetic right now.

And for those that say, "But Lafreniere...," how often does the worst team actually get the first pick? I know what the odds are, and they aren't even 1 in 3. But in reality, how often DOES the worst team in the lottery get THE player? Anyone know that percentage off hand? I'm thinking it is less than that.

OK, now I guess I'm sulking. Sorry.

Edited by SpikeDDS
  • Like 1