Wild vs. Blackhawks 2/4/2020 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Dumba Strikes in Overtime as Wild Win 3-2 Over Chicago

They seemed to have a sense of urgency, which is good.  But it all is way too late.  Koivu...honestly, shoot the dog and find someone else.  He can't do his job and is too slow to keep up with the pace of play.  The penalty kill actually did their job tonight, but they still have 3 tough games this week.  Zucker seems to be checked out IMO.  I have a full game recap, prospect news and an extended Iowa Wild report too.  Enjoy...

• Good Post 2

What a great game.

I’d like to see Minnesota do well this year.  Bruce B used to coach the Ducks and I wish we sill had him.  I used to watch him play in the old IHL, Bruce was pretty dang good!   

I like the Chicago Blackhawks but they have plenty of Stanley Cups to rest on the past decade.  Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford, they are so good they can beat teams single handed.

• Like 1

Top 3 game of the year? Maybe. Great sticks, Very good passing, Didn't 'Turtle-D' even with the intense Chi pressure in the 3rd.

Fiala was a beast, Too bad no hattie.

Could've collapsed after the tying goal but had an incredible OT.

Will it do anything for the season overall? Probably not but for me I like to see some good games, Especially when I have to use Bilasport and watch at 10PM and not be able to record it. (Thanks  $@^$&^* DISH)

8 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Top 3 game of the year? Maybe. Great sticks, Very good passing, Didn't 'Turtle-D' even with the intense Chi pressure in the 3rd.

Fiala was a beast, Too bad no hattie.

Could've collapsed after the tying goal but had an incredible OT.

Will it do anything for the season overall? Probably not but for me I like to see some good games, Especially when I have to use Bilasport and watch at 10PM and not be able to record it. (Thanks  $@^$&^* DISH)

I disagree.  The Wild were playing to defend their lead the entire 3rd period and were probably lucky it didn't cost them the game.  Good thing they went after it in OT though, but IMO...they need to cut bait with #9; he's a disaster waiting to happen and he doesn't give the team anything right now.  

10 hours ago, Freddy the 13th said:

What a great game.

I’d like to see Minnesota do well this year.  Bruce B used to coach the Ducks and I wish we sill had him.  I used to watch him play in the old IHL, Bruce was pretty dang good!   

I like the Chicago Blackhawks but they have plenty of Stanley Cups to rest on the past decade.  Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford, they are so good they can beat teams single handed.

Let's make this abundantly clear.  I think most Wild fans, and the media don't put the team's struggles on Boudreau almost at all.  We like him too and don't believe firing him would change our fortunes for the positive at all.  

This was a game Chicago needed as much as we did which is why it was a pretty spirited game from start to finish.  Yet, the Wild giving up a point to Chicago wasn't good.  

Agree. It was a great important game/and important 2 points for the Wild team. Probably, it was our best OT this season. Agree regarding a best Fiala's game this season too. His individual play is impressing. In our history we did not have many players of his style. But I am also afraid to say too many good words regarding the last game, because, from my observation, as soon as we said too good about the team then team plays too bad to watch and to enjoy. And inverse,from my observation, when we criticize a lot our team then the team starting to show any positive life; their game becomes more focused; and their legs become more strong and fast. 

22 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I disagree.  The Wild were playing to defend their lead the entire 3rd period and were probably lucky it didn't cost them the game.  Good thing they went after it in OT though, but IMO...they need to cut bait with #9; he's a disaster waiting to happen and he doesn't give the team anything right now.  

I figured I'd give some credit since they still persued some scoring chances when available instead of just flipping the puck out of the zone like the usual 'protect' the lead format.

Yeah Koivu looks so disinterested in general.

I wonder what Guerin has in mind for #9, Depending of course what Koivu's plans are.

Inform him that there's no more 1 year extentions?

If Mikko still wants to play, Will it be somewhere else?

51 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I could not watch the game. Did Koivu skate the 4th line again or did they run him out on the 2nd again?

He was on the 4th line.  But labored to move aorund the ice and didn't do much of anything.  Its like having a very slow defenseman out there...he doesn't do almost anything offensively and can't skate well enough to stay with or lead any kind of attack out of the zone.  So he kind of stays above the faceoff dots and floats...sort of harasses a puck carrier and then slowly makes his way back to the bench.