Game 55: Flyers at Capitals: 2/8/20 @ 7:00 PM

Howie58

I know it had been stated earlier about the hate for Kovalchuk and all when i was suggested the Flyers should sign him (only 700K) but i will say he has looked very well for Montreal. He has 12 points 6 goals and 6 assists in 15 games so far is +6 with 3 game winning goals.

He may bring the Canadians a nice return if they move him again....would he be worth a roll of the dice?? Still no??

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know it had been stated earlier about the hate for Kovalchuk and all when i was suggested the Flyers should sign him (only 700K) but i will say he has looked very well for Montreal. He has 12 points 6 goals and 6 assists in 15 games so far is +6 with 3 game winning goals.

He may bring the Canadians a nice return if they move him again....would he be worth a roll of the dice?? Still no??

Still no.

He's a douchebag, and I could't care less how well he plays in a small sample of time.   He get climb into a box and ship his own ass back to Putinville for all I care.  I want absolutely nothing to do with херню малыш in Philly.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'd rather claw my eyes out with an ice cream scoop

Just for clarification,  my comment about gouging my eye with a spoon came before i read your ice cream scoop.

No plagarizing here, just two great dysfunctional minds thinking alike

🤡

• Haha 1

In all the shock from the win I forgot to give Frost his props for dominating in the faceoff circle - won 9 of 10 faceoffs color me impressed.

Maybe unsung but it was noted and impactful.

Bravo kid keep it up.

Now go beat Florida.

Edited by OccamsRazor

On 2/9/2020 at 11:24 AM, OccamsRazor said:

The one team that concerns me is Columbus. But you have to love the way this team has lost all these players to free agency especially their goalie and just continue to win.

And what did they do they went out and brought Elvis in and since he has taken over on new year's eve he has gone 12-2-0 since.

He has 5 shutouts (which leads the NHL now) in his last 8 games.......2 back to back....HTF does this team get so lucky???

And back to all the guys they lost in free agency all then the guys they have on IR no Dubinsky, Wenneberg, Murray, Anderson and a few other guys and what do they keep doing??? They keep winning.

@ruxpin

IIRC there a few years back the CBJ farm team (Erie Monsters)  was dominant in the AHL, in a similar fashion to how the Bolts farm team beat the hell out of everyone.  I wonder if the reason there is little to no drop of in their play after the diaspora of free agents is because those Erie guys are now in the NHL, and  their playing style and teammates remain largely intact ? 

The farm was strong. Kekalainen did a nice job managing the cap and the talent pool.

I still want to see Elvis take another trip though the league before I anoint him the second coming of Tretiak though. 

I don't think they're "all that' .  

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I still want to see Elvis take another trip though the league before I anoint him the second coming of Tretiak though. 

I don't think they're "all that'

Well i for one hope he fails miserably vs the Flyers and they bring him back to earth.

I want the Flyers to show they have turned the corner and that their past does not dictate their future.

I would love for the team to finally be over the "rebuild growth hump" and the only way you can do that is to slay the dragon now!