Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

bbgarnett

Zucker to Pittsburgh for a Cond 1st, Galchenyuk and Addison

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

Stuff like this just makes you go, "wtf are the Wilds Scouts doing/seeing?" It's pretty clear that this guy is a bust whose speed just isn't good enough for the NHL. Sounds like he will work hard but it seems like the skill just isn't there so why did we bother to pick him up? All you can do is shake your head.

 

Wild wanted the prospect and the pick. Chuckie tagged along because Pens needed the cap space to fit Zucker in. They have like 900k cap space now after they got Zucker.

Edited by Lonkkis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I will give Chuckie more than 1 game after a rush job to get here, say hello and play a game before I label him a bust.

Immediately after last year's trades, we fell in love with donato, hated fiala.

So let's all calm down a little.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I think I will give Chuckie more than 1 game after a rush job to get here, say hello and play a game before I label him a bust.

Immediately after last year's trades, we fell in love with donato, hated fiala.

So let's all calm down a little.

It takes more than a couple of a games to adjust, true. But Chucky is on his 4th team, and his former team mates are wondering aloud in interviews if he can make it in the NHL. I think he has this season to prove it and if by the end of the season he doesn't look good, he might not get signed, at least here. It means very little. He was the price for getting both the 1st rounder and Addison, and Guerin was probably aware of the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Galchenyuk looked even more lost last night.  It takes a while for him to get up to speed, but he moves well once he gets going.  Yet, unless he's scoring...he doesn't really give you anything at all.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Fricken Zoooker has two markers vs us tonight after two stanzas😏

 

Not surprised, PIT playing an uptempo game and then there's Crosby as linemate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

 

Not surprised, PIT playing an uptempo game and then there's Crosby as linemate.

Agree. From the 4th line here Zucker was moved directly to the 1st line  of uptempo team in Pittsburgh. Crosby had 2 superb primary assists for both Zucker's goals. 

 I also liked from Zucker that is his nice Thank You Letter to the State of Hockey despite of been suddenly traded . It seems he has a big very kind soul. I even not talking how generous he was by creating a fund and helping to kids with a different forms of cancer in different hospitals here. Not many Wild players did it in a 20 years of the team's history.  That letter you can find at the Michael Russo twitter. 

  • Good Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Fricken Zoooker has two markers vs us tonight after two stanzas😏

Amazing what can happen when you put Zucker with a center that doesn’t skate like he has an anchor in his pants...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching Zucker on Pens versus Leafs.  He has another goal on a lazer pass from Crosby.  JZ looks really happy, and why wouldn't he be?  He is playing with one of the best players in the world, a true leader, on a team with a solid chance to play far into the playoffs in a chase for a Stanley Cup.  It must be a HUGE relief to get out from under the circus tent that is the Wild from CL on down to the Country Club.  I hope he provides a few soundbites in the next few months, as he and his wife were treated pretty poorly at various times by the Wild Mgmt. as Suits, ZP, and the Klyde were doted over.  Just f-ing pathetic.  I hope he has the last laugh in raising a Cup (or Coyle, Nino, Granlund - I don't care who it is - they were our next wave of talent that I believe were torpedoed by the Country Club).  I would LOVE to see one of them say when raising the Cup; 'This is for you Ryan, Zack, and Mikko - since you never could figure out what it takes to take a team to a championship.'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a stinging observation, EmptyShelf. Our vets were brought in to bring the Cup to Minnesota. If that would fail, their job was to mentor the next generation that would bring in the Cup. Not only have they failed both of those tasks, but their behaviour has a direct influence on our next generation potentially lifting the Cup with a wrong team. Our old guard is mentoring players for the Penguins and Bruins.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

I am watching Zucker on Pens versus Leafs.  He has another goal on a lazer pass from Crosby.  JZ looks really happy, and why wouldn't he be?  He is playing with one of the best players in the world, a true leader, on a team with a solid chance to play far into the playoffs in a chase for a Stanley Cup.  It must be a HUGE relief to get out from under the circus tent that is the Wild from CL on down to the Country Club.  I hope he provides a few soundbites in the next few months, as he and his wife were treated pretty poorly at various times by the Wild Mgmt. as Suits, ZP, and the Klyde were doted over.  Just f-ing pathetic.  I hope he has the last laugh in raising a Cup (or Coyle, Nino, Granlund - I don't care who it is - they were our next wave of talent that I believe were torpedoed by the Country Club).  I would LOVE to see one of them say when raising the Cup; 'This is for you Ryan, Zack, and Mikko - since you never could figure out what it takes to take a team to a championship.'

My beliefs for sure. I wouldn't be as upset if they were good mentors. It's clear they are not. The Adam Oates ordeal proved it. It was all about them and them only. They didn't invite any other teammates over to work with them. I honestly believe Parise and Suter contracts have to be in the top 5 worst of all time in all of NHL. They literally put the team into a position to be the team that struggles to make the playoffs but only to be first round punching bags for any team they play. So we always got non game changing/franchise changing picks in the draft. But so much money is people funneled to them that the team could never go out and get a actually star player. And they cap recapture is so bad that getting rid of them could really cripple the Wild. Both Suter and Parise will never raise the Cup and rightfully shouldn't. They chased the money before they wanted a championship. They got the money at the expense of fans. Fans of beautiful Minnesota who love and appreciate the sport of hockey. That's where it's the most frustrating. To see teams like Dallas, Carolina, Tampa Bay, etc win it before a team in Minnesota is a dagger to the heart. We live and breath it. We broadcast and have a big event for High School Hockey. What other states do as much as we do here?

 

I will say this about Mikko. I don't blame him anymore. He honestly was set up to fail too when you think about it. What other franchise would take a 3rd liner maybe 2nd liner at best and make him the franchise player and attempt to build around him? He is what he is. Always has been and the team didn't have to look very hard to see it. I do hope that he either retires after this season or is playing elsewhere. The game has passed him and we don't need another player who is in the twilight or grave of his career resigned here.

 

I am always rooting for our former players to win a Cup elsewhere until the Wild finally shed the Dark Ages era, aka Parise and Suter signings, and show they are going to build the franchise and not try to buy a championship. But I am rooting for Zucker to win a Cup this year. What fun has it been to watch him getting the chains taken off and allowed to play his game. Him and Crosby are fitting together perfectly!

Edited by EJ0226
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

I am watching Zucker on Pens versus Leafs.  He has another goal on a lazer pass from Crosby.  JZ looks really happy, and why wouldn't he be?  He is playing with one of the best players in the world, a true leader, on a team with a solid chance to play far into the playoffs in a chase for a Stanley Cup.  It must be a HUGE relief to get out from under the circus tent that is the Wild from CL on down to the Country Club.  I hope he provides a few soundbites in the next few months, as he and his wife were treated pretty poorly at various times by the Wild Mgmt. as Suits, ZP, and the Klyde were doted over.  Just f-ing pathetic.  I hope he has the last laugh in raising a Cup (or Coyle, Nino, Granlund - I don't care who it is - they were our next wave of talent that I believe were torpedoed by the Country Club).  I would LOVE to see one of them say when raising the Cup; 'This is for you Ryan, Zack, and Mikko - since you never could figure out what it takes to take a team to a championship.'

 

I was just saying to @MNSOTA a few nights ago, what do you notice about the Bruins / Rangers power play that you almost never see on ours?  One-timers.  You see urgency and players being mindful of the fact the power play doesn't last forever.  What did we see for years and still sometimes occasionally see; especially from the old guys who more or less get the lion's share of the power play times.  Slow puck movement, almost no one-timers and our guys handling the puck like they're Drivin' Miss Daisy as if they have all of the time in the world.  

 

The vets come off the ice after another failed power play attempt...and after the game they say they should've worked more on the power play even though they do the same thing just about every time.  My fear with Kaprizov, is as it was when Zucker first started out with the Wild.  

 

Remember when we heard crap about how Parise didn't like the Flyby celebration?  He wanted a simple get together and then skate back to the bench kind of thing?  Well it was because it wasn't him scoring the goals.  It was Zucker...or someone else.  Then suddenly he's shaming them for being excited, and more or less asserting...'know your place kid' and instead of using his speed to create chances (which is what made him dangerous) he's instead slowing it down like the old guys do.  Not shooting as much and looking to try to set up...the old guys.  My fear is Kaprizov will get shamed by the old geezers because he's stealing 'their' spotlight.  

 

It shouldn't surprise anyone to see Zucker looking happy and playing well in Pittsburgh.  He's allowed to actually be himself and use his abilities instead of being guilted into conformity by the geezers and their lame pecking order.  

  • Like 1
  • Good Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

 

The vets come off the ice after another failed power play attempt...and after the game they say they should've worked more on the power play even though they do the same thing just about every time.  My fear with Kaprizov, is as it was when Zucker first started out with the Wild.  

 

Personally, since I know this is what will happen with him, I am hoping Kaprizov looks at the team and says no thank you. I hate to see him come here be wasted and forced into restraints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a very depressing thought about Kaprizov. There's a real threat of envy wrecking his development - it's happened before in this team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True the Wild are much a Nordic/Euro United Nations, with a majority of North American-born players, lots of collegiate Amercians and Canadian Junior products supplemented with Finns, Swedes, a Norwegian and a Swiss product. I still remember Gaborik, whose agent began to engineer his departure before he landed in the Twin Cities. He would be a very newsworthy signing for this summer, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The kid could write his own ticket to be in New York or Los Angeles, leaving the Wild with a pocketful of picks for a generational talent......i

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

My beliefs for sure. I wouldn't be as upset if they were good mentors. It's clear they are not. The Adam Oates ordeal proved it. It was all about them and them only. They didn't invite any other teammates over to work with them. I honestly believe Parise and Suter contracts have to be in the top 5 worst of all time in all of NHL. They literally put the team into a position to be the team that struggles to make the playoffs but only to be first round punching bags for any team they play. So we always got non game changing/franchise changing picks in the draft. But so much money is people funneled to them that the team could never go out and get a actually star player. And they cap recapture is so bad that getting rid of them could really cripple the Wild. Both Suter and Parise will never raise the Cup and rightfully shouldn't. They chased the money before they wanted a championship. They got the money at the expense of fans. Fans of beautiful Minnesota who love and appreciate the sport of hockey. That's where it's the most frustrating. To see teams like Dallas, Carolina, Tampa Bay, etc win it before a team in Minnesota is a dagger to the heart. We live and breath it. We broadcast and have a big event for High School Hockey. What other states do as much as we do here?

 

I will say this about Mikko. I don't blame him anymore. He honestly was set up to fail too when you think about it. What other franchise would take a 3rd liner maybe 2nd liner at best and make him the franchise player and attempt to build around him? He is what he is. Always has been and the team didn't have to look very hard to see it. I do hope that he either retires after this season or is playing elsewhere. The game has passed him and we don't need another player who is in the twilight or grave of his career resigned here.

 

I am always rooting for our former players to win a Cup elsewhere until the Wild finally shed the Dark Ages era, aka Parise and Suter signings, and show they are going to build the franchise and not try to buy a championship. But I am rooting for Zucker to win a Cup this year. What fun has it been to watch him getting the chains taken off and allowed to play his game. Him and Crosby are fitting together perfectly!

What is really galling to me about the Suter and Parise contracts, as well as the assessment over the years of Koivu is just that - NO ASSESSMENT WAS COMPLETED with regard to their attitude, team play, and leadership.  Had it been, we would likely have heard about their selfish antics and need for the spotlight (or in Koivu's case, him shirking from it).  We would have also realized that you do NOT give C's and A's to players that do NOT embody leadership, nor engender a culture of team play ('one scores we all score').  11 and 20 are the most selfish, petty, and pompous players that have EVER been on any MN professional sports team.  I do not recall ANY players on the Northstars, Vikings, Twins, or Wild that had anywhere near the arrogance and hubris of these two (bringing in their own coach, getting coaches dismissed, mandating their own line-ups and partners, and dictating when and how much they play).  This is really a unique situation that CL created with them by awarding them in effect LIFETIME contracts in the top 2% of the league (at the time) that they NEVER EARNED.  Any real organization would have completed a whole lot of due diligence prior to doing so, and at minimum would have provided the team with an out (no NMC or NTC) in the event the current situation surfaced.  This is a TOTAL FAILURE OF MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP at the top.  These guys could care less about the damage to the team, franchise, etc., as long as they get their checks and accolades.  They are the very definition of CANCERS and FRANCHISE KILLERS.  Keep in mind, they will impact players down the road on the Wild and in MN as a cautionary tale of what NOT to provided players - fairly or not.  If Kaprisov is a generational talent (or someone after him is), we will likely lose them to a better deal elsewhere because Suter and Parise destroyed any trust in players when receiving the most excessive and undeserved contracts in MN professional sports history.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

That's a stinging observation, EmptyShelf. Our vets were brought in to bring the Cup to Minnesota. If that would fail, their job was to mentor the next generation that would bring in the Cup. Not only have they failed both of those tasks, but their behaviour has a direct influence on our next generation potentially lifting the Cup with a wrong team. Our old guard is mentoring players for the Penguins and Bruins.

Suter, Parise, and Koivu have actually DRIVEN THE YOUNGER PLAYERS OUT OF MN.  It's bad enough that you don't earn your pay, TOI, C's and A's.  But, it is even worse that impact a team so negatively that they have to coach and resource the team around your whims, such that they don't hurt your feelings.  To say that I loathe these players would be an understatement.  I also cannot stand watching 9 and 20 observe their teammates get trucked, only to stand there and jaw at the other team once the officials show up (and Parise is such a skirt that he waits until the other teams offender is being led by the officials to the box).  At least Foligno, Dumba, and Seeler would stand up for them or pay them back with a nasty cross-check....This is what LEADERSHIP looks like Wild Management.  Somehow you missed that when you awarded C's and A's to the biggest Mangina's on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@EmptyShelf the biggest cancer is Leipold who allows this to happen and continue. The franchise is a mess to say the least. Until Leipold puts on his big boy pants and tells every player to talk to the GMs and coaches only and stops being a stupid fanboy we can expect more the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mayor Leipold treats the pair as Batman and Robin, the pair is in risk of starting to believe they actually are Batman and Robin, and start saving Gotham City by themselves. The pair certainly seems to have a private phone line to the Mayor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

That's a very depressing thought about Kaprizov. There's a real threat of envy wrecking his development - it's happened before in this team.

It has happened EVERY TIME there is an exciting younger player that does not defer to the Country Club.  It is why all the 2017 future Wild stars are gone, and why none want to come here.  It is also why anyone whom is drafted or traded for (incoming to the Wild) needs to be kept FAR AWAY from the toxicity of 9, 11, and 20, such that the skill that we drafted or traded for is not negated by the expectations of 'getting in line' behind the vets.  Just pull the C's, A's and TOI already for these cancers....and keep them the he77 away from any of our new players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I worked for the Wild CL had nothing to do with the players just the business side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

It has happened EVERY TIME there is an exciting younger player that does not defer to the Country Club.  It is why all the 2017 future Wild stars are gone, and why none want to come here.  It is also why anyone whom is drafted or traded for (incoming to the Wild) needs to be kept FAR AWAY from the toxicity of 9, 11, and 20, such that the skill that we drafted or traded for is not negated by the expectations of 'getting in line' behind the vets.  Just pull the C's, A's and TOI already for these cancers....and keep them the he77 away from any of our new players

 

The future Wild stars turned out to be overrated. Zucker is going to be good and he was good here but he is not a number one option so he will be great being third or 5th in the Pens. Nino is and will always be streaky. Granny, is he still in the NHL? Coyle solid third line center that costs more than Ek. 

 

Next we will have to trade away Dumba to get rid of Doobs. Brodin for a Center, sounds like for Vincent Trocheck and a piece. Hopefully we can get Staal and Koivu to waive no movement clauses to get some more pieces. 

 

Looks like Galchenyuk, when he is playing fast, is a good player. I have no idea if it is motivation or what but he seems big enough to play and can shoot, would love him on a cheap deal. Kaprisov, hopefully, is coming over :) That is a hell of a top line if we have Fiala, Kap and Trocheck. Second line with Zuccarelo, Kunin and Donato. Third Line with Greenway, Ek, Foligno. Fourth Line use as a scoring line because the third line can do both check and score. Add in an NHL goalie that can actually make a real save and steal a game and we do not look too bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TonyOday said:

 

The future Wild stars turned out to be overrated. Zucker is going to be good and he was good here but he is not a number one option so he will be great being third or 5th in the Pens. Nino is and will always be streaky. Granny, is he still in the NHL? Coyle solid third line center that costs more than Ek. 

 

Next we will have to trade away Dumba to get rid of Doobs. Brodin for a Center, sounds like for Vincent Trocheck and a piece. Hopefully we can get Staal and Koivu to waive no movement clauses to get some more pieces. 

 

Looks like Galchenyuk, when he is playing fast, is a good player. I have no idea if it is motivation or what but he seems big enough to play and can shoot, would love him on a cheap deal. Kaprisov, hopefully, is coming over :) That is a hell of a top line if we have Fiala, Kap and Trocheck. Second line with Zuccarelo, Kunin and Donato. Third Line with Greenway, Ek, Foligno. Fourth Line use as a scoring line because the third line can do both check and score. Add in an NHL goalie that can actually make a real save and steal a game and we do not look too bad. 

 

Trocheck has been underperforming big time the last two seasons after his ankle injury. Lost a step after that. Currently a middle six center at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad all the 'promising talent' the Wild pretended to know how to develop found their way on other teams' rosters.

 

Too bad half of them are head cases thinking they were the problem with the Wild.

 

As I said 8-9 years ago now... The Wild get rid of anyone who shows any heart. The spark plugs, the pistons, the passionate players with a deep love for the game are history.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 6
      Post
      I'm cool with it as well.  My initial reaction was "Whoa - that's a lot for a guy on the books for $5MM+ for three more seasons who might have peaked 2 years ago...".  We don't need Derick Brassard 2.0.  That said, top 6 minutes on the Pens is not the same as top 6 minutes on the Wild (all due respect).  I'm optimistic he'll fit in nicely.  It's really the pick and Addison. Galchenyuk had to have been a throw in for salary space (i.e. - the deal gets done with or without him).  And...JR still ha
    • 5
      Post
      Not minding this trade as a Pens fan at all.  Alex just did not work out on the Pens team.  With all the injuries at forward the Pens had early, he had plenty of time to show what he could do on top lines as well as the power play. 5 goals and 12 assists in 45 games was not what they were looking for.  He basically became a fourth liner with about 11 minutes a game.   Addison I don't believe was going to see the light of day in the Pens organization for several years due to the depth t
    • 5
      Post
      Addison seems to have plateaued in major junior.  He's another 6-foot, right-hand shot defenseman with good but not great mobility.  The Wild seem to be stockpiling players like that the last few years but he probably carries the biggest potential to be an offensive defenseman at the next level.     It sucks for Carly and Jason, and their complex family situation but I think we all knew it was going to happen.  Hopefully for Jason he's happier in Pittsburgh and I think he'll enjoy the
    • 3
      Post
      Seems like a great haul and love that we got Addison.   Hidden Content Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
    • 3
      Post
      I was just saying to @MNSOTA a few nights ago, what do you notice about the Bruins / Rangers power play that you almost never see on ours?  One-timers.  You see urgency and players being mindful of the fact the power play doesn't last forever.  What did we see for years and still sometimes occasionally see; especially from the old guys who more or less get the lion's share of the power play times.  Slow puck movement, almost no one-timers and our guys handling the puck like they're Drivin' Miss
    • 2
      Post
      You can re-word it a third time, and you'll still be wrong.

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...