Would rather see Sid torch Flyers for 10 goals in a playoff series than...

Guest rickmac19

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sidney Crosby retire NOW?

• Yes
    • No

I would rather see Sidney Crosby torch the Flyers for 10 goals in a playoff series and lead the Penguins to the next round than see Sidney Crosby get another concussion.

For his own sake and that of his young life, if his body is not recovering from this latest concussion for this long, the next one will make him sorry he ever returned. And there will be a next one.

I love the Flyers, I'm not a big fan of the Kid as a hockey player, but as a human being, I wouldn't wish this on an enemy.

I do not wish these feelings and symptoms and problems on anyone, and I hope somebody in his life with enough "pull" gets him to congratulate himself, realize that life goes like this, and become a great ambassador for the league. But he has no business out there with the big boys again. It could condemn him to a lifelong hell of headaches, nausea, depression, and as we continue to learn, even suicide.

Tragic that such a great career got cut short, but at least now he has the ability to determine how it ends. Return to play, and... not so much.

@rickmac19 Agreed, for the good of his health and future well being, Sid should hang them up. I just don't see it happening though. Sid is just to compititive, the thrill of winning to engrained in him. Who knows what the next concussion will hold for him.....I don't know about anyone else, but if I have my choice of being a multi-millionaire and being able to actually enjoy my money or drooling in a bucket...I'm not taking the latter.

You answered a different question than the poll/subject asks. If the choice was between him retiring or him scoring 10 goals, I'd pick retiring. If the choice is between him scoring ten goals and becoming a vegetable, I'd have to pick him scoring the goals.

• Like 2

You answered a different question than the poll/subject asks. If the choice was between him retiring or him scoring 10 goals, I'd pick retiring. If the choice is between him scoring ten goals and becoming a vegetable, I'd have to pick him scoring the goals.

Says the cyclopickelope, or whatever the hell your avatar is... :rolleyes:

Edited by flyercanuck

Says the cyclopickelope, or whatever the hell your avatar is... :rolleyes:

Either you don't have Spongebob in Canada, or you don't have kids.

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Plankton

Sadly, I knew too much about the show even before I had kids.

The tron-guy was going to be my avatar, but I didn't have the file readily available on my pc when I picked it. Please don't steal:

http://consumerist.com/2010/12/should-tron-guy-be-allowed-to-see-tron-movie-in-tron-suit.html

This is a tough one,

It is made difficult because he's a young guy and other guy's have had severe concussions, recovered and played well,fc mentioned p bergeron, but what about simon gagne, he had a stretch where he would get loopy if he looked at the ceiling too quickly, (exaggeraton) 4 years later he's still in the league.

I would not want him to jepardize the rest of his life for sport, but I and I think the game would miss his talent and drive.

it would be great if more guys would be like Messier and put some $ into research and equipment development so lessen these injuries, maybe utimately that will be Sid's contribution to the game.

I wouldn't care if he lit us up as long as we win the series.

If I were him i'd try to come back one more time, but i listen really closely to my body, if i were to experience symptoms from a stupid collision like the one i had with kunitz again i'd walk away.

i don't think we've seen the last days fo 87 playing hockey at a high level.

Edited by mojo1917

NO! he's on my keeper team, he needs to get his ass back and scoring goals NOW. and mike green: you, too. enough with the half season missed crap.

anyway

i keep hearing mumblings that crosby is maybe taking things slower than he needs to. not seriously saying he should come back before he is ready, only that maybe we shouldn't read as much into his time missed as we might with other players. overly cautious is probably a good thing, but if we are looking at this from a "if you miss a year you must be done" point of view, we might be misinterpreting.

I would rather see Sidney Crosby torch the Flyers for 10 goals in a playoff series and lead the Penguins to the next round than see Sidney Crosby get another concussion.

I dispise Crosby and would hate for him to retire because of the concussions but you are so wrong there being a Flyers fan. He can torch the Flyers in the regular season or playoffs for all I care but to lead them past us to the next round of playoffs? There's no way I would ever root for any opponent's team to beat us in a playoff series because if we are knocked out that means we go another year without a Cup. Now I question you being a true Flyers fan.

I dispise Crosby and would hate for him to retire because of the concussions but you are so wrong there being a Flyers fan. He can torch the Flyers in the regular season or playoffs for all I care but to lead them past us to the next round of playoffs? There's no way I would ever root for any opponent's team to beat us in a playoff series because if we are knocked out that means we go another year without a Cup. Now I question you being a true Flyers fan.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. +1

• 1 year later...

WTF?!? Concussions are an unfortunate part of the game. If the price to pay for the Flyers advancing another round is for that spineless d!ckhole (who admitted to attempting to injure Giroux by slashing his wrists) to get a concussion, then by all means, I'm all for it. And if he gets it as a result of a well deserved overhand right rather than a puck to the face, even better.

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I watched SpongeBob

My little girl loves Bob bob (what she calls him) she's only 2...hell daddy loves it too...i find it funny as hell...but again it's more my speed. :D

WTF?!? Concussions are an unfortunate part of the game. If the price to pay for the Flyers advancing another round is for that spineless d!ckhole (who admitted to attempting to injure Giroux by slashing his wrists) to get a concussion, then by all means, I'm all for it. And if he gets it as a result of a well deserved overhand right rather than a puck to the face, even better.

You're seriously twisting his words on the matter AGAIN. How many times do we have to correct this? Once again.... " So did he see the faceoff circle as the fairgrounds for slash-a-palooza on Giroux's wrists?

"No. I really like to win the faceoff. I don't try to go after his wrists but if I caught it, I'm not sorry for it. I think it's hilarious I hear that stuff from Philly. It's comedy to me to be honest with you. They're probably involved in that stuff more than any team in the league and they're the ones always talking about it. I guess I'm not apologetic. I was trying to win a faceoff and if I caught his wrist, then I caught his wrist. He seemed to play okay so I couldn't have hurt him that bad."

So you're basically upset he didn't apologize for it, and you've turned it into he admitted attempting to injure him. Let me ask you something... are you equally upset that Giroux didn't apologize to Crosby after the guy comes back from a concussion and soft tissue damage injuries and Giroux punched him in the back of the head twice while he was facing the other way to "protect Bryzgalov"?? Good grief....

I don't get the question..or the poll. Do I want Crosby to suffer for life? Of course not. Do I enjoy seeing him frustrated and whining to the refs, skates flying out from under every time somebody lays a glove on him - you know, his usual game plan? Yes! ;)

...and if the Flyers are dishing out the pain so much the better!

• Like 1

@Polaris922,

Giroux owes me an apology for not punching him three times. The puck is down there, the wrists up here, puck down there, wrists up here. Crosby knows the difference. He also knows what a taint with a target on it looks like. He is a great hockey player, but a wretched excuse for a human being. You don't try to injure your fellow players and then hide behind the refs. That's Tie Domi territory right there.

@Polaris922,

Giroux owes me an apology for not punching him three times. The puck is down there, the wrists up here, puck down there, wrists up here. Crosby knows the difference. He also knows what a taint with a target on it looks like. He is a great hockey player, but a wretched excuse for a human being. You don't try to injure your fellow players and then hide behind the refs. That's Tie Domi territory right there.

Wrists get whacked in face offs all the time. Even in amateur leagues. You adding lies to the story for your own purpose discredits you, not Crosby. Hide behind the refs? Again you add nonsense to a losing argument.

Wrists get whacked in face offs all the time. Even in amateur leagues. You adding lies to the story for your own purpose discredits you, not Crosby. Hide behind the refs? Again you add nonsense to a losing argument.

ok I never saw Crosby hide behind the refs, imbellish a penalty or punch a defenseless player in the nads. The videos are all photo shopped. I also never saw the NHL bend the rules for a certain team. Alcohol is bad

ok I never saw Crosby hide behind the refs, imbellish a penalty or punch a defenseless player in the nads. The videos are all photo shopped. I also never saw the NHL bend the rules for a certain team. Alcohol is bad

I've never seen him hide no. But let's say he does... Every minute of every day... Wtf does that have to do with slashing wrists on face offs, Giroux crying about it, Sid not apologizing for it, or Ted's putting words in his mouth?

Hate on Sid all you want... Pens 4 years... Flyers 38. Thank you Sid for punching taints.

<br />I've never seen him hide no. But let's say he does... Every minute of every day... Wtf does that have to do with slashing wrists on face offs, Giroux crying about it, Sid not apologizing for it<br />

well, Crosby doing things that would get most players punched in the face repeatedly leveraging his protected star status...kinda bitchlike, you know? he does tend to run his mouth most aggressively when there are stripes nearby. he does have a history of fighting guys by jumping them with no warning or context so they have no chance of responding effectively, his fight with mclean is the best example of that completely safe bravado. he has been known to attack players as the fourth man in and punch them between the legs while they are entirely tied up with multiple other penguins.

you are a penguins fan. you love him. of course. you have to see that he is an eminently unlikable player, though. jealousy aside, he has a decidedly aggressive gutless streak when it comes to things outside of actually playing the game.

all of that said, it is weird to me to see flyers fans complaining about a player strategically hobbling an opponent to give themselves an advantage. Crosby went after Giroux's wrists, Clarke went after kharlamov's ankle, hatcher went after Crosby's teeth, hextall went after nilsson's knee. they are things the bad guys do and the good guys get indignant, but all teams are the bad guys to someone.

edit: if you guys are having another good natured ribbing that I am taking out of context again, sorry.

Edited by aziz