Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

King Knut

Hextall & Fletcher chatting

Recommended Posts

Anyone see this last night?  

Apparently there are legit rumors about Toffoli and Carter.  I'm not really interested in sending Ghost for either one, and if it ain't Ghost, it's JVR (who conveniently had another monster game) otherwise the cap won't work.    Unless... maybe they LTIR Ghost for the year and bring him back for playoffs?

 

 

EQsqScNW4AA9YuV.jpeg

Edited by King Knut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe they are discussing where to get the best cheese-steak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Hextall have anything to do with the Kings? I don't see him on their management page.

 

If it's for two more years of Carter, I'd think that's not good news from the Patrick side of the equation. Carter, I suppose, can play wing, but then we run into the logjam at RW (Jake/KNX) and moving a LW (JVR) doesn't really help that. I'm not sure I want to move KNX to the LW given his current success.

 

JVR makes some sense from LA's perspective. A 30yo with a 30-goal pedigree. I'm just not sure that his $7M offsets the $9.9M enough going the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, radoran said:

Does Hextall have anything to do with the Kings? I don't see him on their management page.

 

If it's for two more years of Carter, I'd think that's not good news from the Patrick side of the equation. Carter, I suppose, can play wing, but then we run into the logjam at RW (Jake/KNX) and moving a LW (JVR) doesn't really help that. I'm not sure I want to move KNX to the LW given his current success.

 

JVR makes some sense from LA's perspective. A 30yo with a 30-goal pedigree. I'm just not sure that his $7M offsets the $9.9M enough going the other way.

 

 

Was just reading it.

 

image.png.9bfe51b492af5783794ad03373ff027c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Digityman said:

Was just reading it.

 

Cool - I just didn't see him on here:

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

SUNRISE, Fla. — Center Nolan Patrick is making very good progress and there’s a chance he will join the Flyers’ practices on a full-time basis as early as Monday, general manager Chuck Fletcher said before Thursday’s game in Florida.

Patrick, 21, who scored 13 goals in each of his first two seasons, skated Thursday in Voorhees. He has missed the entire season because of a migraine disorder.   

“He’s really been ramping up the intensity of his skates,” Fletcher said, “and hopefully on Monday he’ll be part of our group for skating. He’s not cleared for contact yet, but, again, he’s continuing to do more and more on the ice and more and more off the ice. He’s trending the right way.”

Added Fletcher: “Our schedule the next few weeks has us at home more than we’re traveling, so we should have the opportunity to integrate him into our [practice] group.”

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

 

That's some really good news.  Cautious but good news.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Digityman said:

That's some really good news.  Cautious but good news.  

 

Makes me even more curious about what two more years of Jeff Crater at $5.27M is supposed to accomplish...

 

:frantics:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

Makes me even more curious about what two more years of Jeff Crater at $5.27M is supposed to accomplish...

 

:frantics:

 

I'd do it for JVR and his 4 years. Not that I want Carter...I just want rid of JVR. two is better than four when it comes to contracts you don't want.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, radoran said:

Makes me even more curious about what two more years of Jeff Crater at $5.27M is supposed to accomplish...

 

Good point

 

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd do it for JVR and his 4 years. Not that I want Carter...I just want rid of JVR. two is better than four when it comes to contracts you don't want.

 

Better point.   I'd take Carter over JVR if that's an option.  Don't know how that works out though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoachX said:

maybe they are discussing where to get the best cheese-steak

In Sunrise ?

 

they're talking cuban sandwiches and cafe' cubano. 

More likely they're talking about which of the 20 Applebees has the best drink special.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Digityman said:

 

That's some really good news.  Cautious but good news.  

That is good news and I'm glad he's skating. I'd love for him to get through this.  But, and there's always one of those, I wonder how his head is going to feel the first time he gets hit or knocked into the boards multiple times throughout the course of a game.  It's the contact I'm worried about - even if he is cleared for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

 

More likely they're talking about which of the 20 Applebees has the best drink special.

 

I'll take the Halibut Hurricane....4 oz of rum, 4 oz of coconut encrusted fish blended with ice served in a tall glass. Hell, I'll drink it on a beach in Trinidad Cuba just to stick with your narrative!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OH1FlyersFan said:

That is good news and I'm glad he's skating. I'd love for him to get through this.  But, and there's always one of those, I wonder how his head is going to feel the first time he gets hit or knocked into the boards multiple times throughout the course of a game.  It's the contact I'm worried about - even if he is cleared for it.

 

There are smarter people than us dealing with this.  My guess is they have a good idea what's going to happen.   My thought would be that migraines come from something different then brain trauma.    Meaning, not everyone that has migraines has taken some heavy hits into the boards.   And vice versa.   So hopefully, again I'm not a doctor, maybe the two can be treated as two different things? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Digityman said:

There are smarter people than us dealing with this.

 

i'll need some proof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

 

i'll need some proof

 

You're it. :IDunnoSmiley:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Digityman said:

My thought would be that migraines come from something different then brain trauma

My wife works in mental health, she was telling me about training she went to where she learned scalp tension is a factor in causing migranes... In her context the idea is to help the patients to relax.  This is also why piercing the daith (where the ear tissue starts to funnel toward the ear canal) can provide relief.  

Here's the "not good part" even the Mayo clinic is like "welp- they suck" and it could be lot's of things....

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

so even though those people are most likely smarter than us, there isn't a definitive treatment. 

 

 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

You're it. :IDunnoSmiley:

image.png.97f9b03f257690476933c61fe9766437.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

so even though those people are most likely smarter than us, there isn't a definitive treatment. 

Definitely agree there isn't one treatment that fits all.   Some people it's muscular related.  I get them when the muscles around my occipital ridge get tight.  It makes my one eye real blurry and causes pain up the right side of my head that won't go away until those muscles relax.   But with the right combination of therapy and sometimes medicine, they can be controlled.  My guess is they have a lot of people working with him right now.   The best of the best that we would never get to see.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Better point.   I'd take Carter over JVR if that's an option.  Don't know how that works out though.

 

I'm not at all opposed, I just still don't see where Crater fits well.

 

You're down a LW and adding a C/RW. Move KNX to LW?

 

Moreover, JVR at 30 is a year removed from a 27 in 66 season, while Crater's 35 and been in decline for several years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, radoran said:

 

I'm not at all opposed, I just still don't see where Crater fits well.

 

You're down a LW and adding a C/RW. Move KNX to LW?

 

Moreover, JVR at 30 is a year removed from a 27 in 66 season, while Crater's 35 and been in decline for several years.

 

I would just rather stand pat instead of doing something like this that reeks of desperation which isn't needed.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stupid phone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(inside scoop)

They were telling ...Pauly jokes and talking about bikes .. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, radoran said:

Does Hextall have anything to do with the Kings? I don't see him on their management page.

 

If it's for two more years of Carter, I'd think that's not good news from the Patrick side of the equation. Carter, I suppose, can play wing, but then we run into the logjam at RW (Jake/KNX) and moving a LW (JVR) doesn't really help that. I'm not sure I want to move KNX to the LW given his current success.

 

JVR makes some sense from LA's perspective. A 30yo with a 30-goal pedigree. I'm just not sure that his $7M offsets the $9.9M enough going the other way.

 

Yes, Hextall is with the Kings again.  

On 2/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, flyercanuck said:

 

I'd do it for JVR and his 4 years. Not that I want Carter...I just want rid of JVR. two is better than four when it comes to contracts you don't want.

Bingo, and Hextall is notorious for making trades for things down the road (aka taking on 4 years of JVR in exchange for draft picks).  Of course Hextall isn't the GM, but since the Kings are in a similar position to where the Flyers were 6 years ago, they may be more apt to listen to him.

 

Long story short though this apparently wasn't for Toffoli who just want to Vancouver for jack and squat... er I mean a couple of prospects.  The market for the rental player is clearly way down.  

 

I'd reiterate, I'm not terribly interested in Carter.  I'd take him if Patrick couldn't go all year or next or whatever, but even so, I don't think there's an exchange that can make the cap room work.  Even if you dropped Bunny (they'd have to) they'd still have to LTIR Ghost.  

Edited by King Knut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/14/2020 at 2:50 PM, radoran said:

 

I'm not at all opposed, I just still don't see where Crater fits well.

 

You're down a LW and adding a C/RW. Move KNX to LW?

 

Moreover, JVR at 30 is a year removed from a 27 in 66 season, while Crater's 35 and been in decline for several years.

 

Carter fits if Patrick can't go.  That's about it.  You don't have to trade JVR right now either, you would have to LTIR Ghost until I think the playoffs which isn't particularly good unless you plan to use for just fill in duty and hope he doesn't screw up too badly.

 

All this said, I was far more interested in Toffoli than Carter.  Now that's off the table (for less than I'd expected), I'm guessing this is a moot point.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 2:41 PM, mojo1917 said:

My wife works in mental health, she was telling me about training she went to where she learned scalp tension is a factor in causing migranes... In her context the idea is to help the patients to relax.  This is also why piercing the daith (where the ear tissue starts to funnel toward the ear canal) can provide relief.  

Here's the "not good part" even the Mayo clinic is like "welp- they suck" and it could be lot's of things....

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

so even though those people are most likely smarter than us, there isn't a definitive treatment. 

 

 

 

There are lots of medicines too, though I'm not sure the NHL allows them.  These are...  spotty at best from what I understand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 2
      Post
      That's some really good news.  Cautious but good news.  
    • 2
      Post
      I'd do it for JVR and his 4 years. Not that I want Carter...I just want rid of JVR. two is better than four when it comes to contracts you don't want.
    • 2
      Post
      I'll take the Halibut Hurricane....4 oz of rum, 4 oz of coconut encrusted fish blended with ice served in a tall glass. Hell, I'll drink it on a beach in Trinidad Cuba just to stick with your narrative!
    • 1
      Post
      Good point     Better point.   I'd take Carter over JVR if that's an option.  Don't know how that works out though.
    • 1
      Post
      In Sunrise ?   they're talking cuban sandwiches and cafe' cubano.  More likely they're talking about which of the 20 Applebees has the best drink special.
    • 1
      Post
      Carter fits if Patrick can't go.  That's about it.  You don't have to trade JVR right now either, you would have to LTIR Ghost until I think the playoffs which isn't particularly good unless you plan to use for just fill in duty and hope he doesn't screw up too badly.   All this said, I was far more interested in Toffoli than Carter.  Now that's off the table (for less than I'd expected), I'm guessing this is a moot point.    

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...