Minnesota Wild vs San Jose Sharks, Saturday 2-15-20, 4:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

New Voice Means Little as Wild Fall 2-0 to San Jose

The Wild were barely able to compete against a decimated Sharks team.  Fiala looked like a ghost of his former self; not initiating much of anything.  Not really sure how you can be that bad.  Yea, looks like Bill Guerin really knows this team, if he wants to ever be be believed we better see him dealing players away now right?!?!  Or its just empty talk.  Maybe he should go be coach and find out just how ugly it is in this locker room.  Why am I almost happy at this outcome?  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report, prospect updates and a full listing of the match ups for the Girls HS Hockey State Tournament.  Enjoy...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

EN LOL#2. We lost it by out shooting Sharks 39 vs 21 shots.

Jones was outstanding in ,practically, not giving any rebounds to Minnesota.

Was nice to see the Country Club has five shots...Koivu-0, Suter-0, Parise-1, Zuccarello-2, Staal-2...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

23 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Was nice to see the Country Club has five shots...Koivu-0, Suter-0, Parise-1, Zuccarello-2, Staal-2...

Let's be more positive. I rarely talk about our veterans ( they are what they are - not much we can do with them). Some day they will go. But I am always more interested in a progress of our promising prospects.   Otherwise, as a rule we need to fire 2 head coaches per season to wake up the team and keep it in a consistent decent tone during the regular season.  Also that was the 1st adjustment game  with a new interim coach. It seems he is not so emotional as it was Bruce. I do not know if that good or not. Maybe it is good. We will see late. Despite the veterans did not shoot enough we still were able to make 39 shots. The most did Ek - 5; Fiala-4; Foligno-4. 39 shots in one game is not happening very often  for our team. Sharks barely did any shots (20 shots; only Burns had 3 shots; and the rest of the team did 1 or 2 shots), but kept the game simple with a minimal rebounds for Jones. 

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Let's be more positive. I rarely talk about our veterans ( they are what they are - not much we can do with them). Some day they will go. But I am always more interested in a progress of our promising prospects.   Otherwise, as a rule we need to fire 2 head coaches per season to wake up the team and keep it in a consistent decent tone during the regular season.  Also that was the 1st adjustment game  with a new interim coach. It seems he is not so emotional as it was Bruce. I do not know if that good or not. Maybe it is good. We will see late. Despite the veterans did not shoot enough we still were able to make 39 shots. The most did Ek - 5; Fiala-4; Foligno-4. 39 shots in one game is not happening very often  for our team. Sharks barely did any shots (20 shots; only Burns had 3 shots; and the rest of the team did 1 or 2 shots), but kept the game simple with a minimal rebounds for Jones. 

513dSuhdqCL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

New Voice Means Little as Wild Fall 2-0 to San Jose

The Wild were barely able to compete against a decimated Sharks team.  Fiala looked like a ghost of his former self; not initiating much of anything.  Not really sure how you can be that bad.  Yea, looks like Bill Guerin really knows this team, if he wants to ever be be believed we better see him dealing players away now right?!?!  Or its just empty talk.  Maybe he should go be coach and find out just how ugly it is in this locker room.  Why am I almost happy at this outcome?  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report, prospect updates and a full listing of the match ups for the Girls HS Hockey State Tournament.  Enjoy...

Thanks LIG, especially for posting the videos too. How Kaprizov put a goal from such a sharp angle? It is amazing.

@Antti_Laxative always looks good and has a killer sweater collection.  Good choice, the Wild might as well be the Seals right now.  

The Wild's post game comments were laughable about where they felt they worked hard and showed a sense of urgency.  Anyone see that timeout we called late?  Evason barely said anything at all, in fact no Wild coaches were really too involved and Ryan Suter was providing all the instruction as what to do with an extra attacker.  Do you really need any more proof than that?  

For all of the bullschitt about a 'new voice' the team didn't change any of its lines and pretty much stuck to them for the whole game.  Although as someone posted the Country Club's shot totals, that was only after that group was given increased ice time (over 20 minutes last night).  Beyond that, it looked like the same team except far more passive and avoiding the middle of the ice and just taking shots from the perimeter and playing catch with Martin Jones for most of the game.  Whether the purpose of the move is to simply tank or if the vets whined and got another coach fired.  The team played like one that was afraid to make any glaring mistakes and then in their comments they all echo'd (including Evason) that everything was great presumably to try to stave off some firesale by their annoyed GM.  

Could it really be a case of, "ok if you two idiots think you can run the show, then run the show"? Evason being a yes man in order to make it clear to 20/11 that they are not capable of running the show by themselves. If that would be true, it would indicate a truly hideous distortion of authority relations in the organisation. I surely hope it's not like this, but if it is, the yes man thing won't work in the long run. It might make a difference for a short time, but they would likely forget the lesson pretty soon and start fighting for control again, at the first instance they are not pampered by their superiors.

On 2/16/2020 at 10:04 PM, lynxrattle said:

Could it really be a case of, "ok if you two idiots think you can run the show, then run the show"? Evason being a yes man in order to make it clear to 20/11 that they are not capable of running the show by themselves. If that would be true, it would indicate a truly hideous distortion of authority relations in the organisation. I surely hope it's not like this, but if it is, the yes man thing won't work in the long run. It might make a difference for a short time, but they would likely forget the lesson pretty soon and start fighting for control again, at the first instance they are not pampered by their superiors.

These two entitled pu$$ies (11 and 20) are just embarrassing at this point.  Parise and Suter have the two worst +/- on the team at -14, and -13, respectively, in spite of having line-ups always tilted in their favor.  At one point, Dumba and Kunin were far in the lead, but have cleaned up their play of late.  Though this measure is not the 'end all' of hockey statistics, it sure shows a lack of overall positive value when on the ice lately.  I believe it also shows that they are a 'net negative' at this point in their career (in spite of Parise's many garbage goals, and Suter's many garbage second assists).  The only reason why any player is going to listen to them at this point (and Evason too) are the repercussions from CL if they don't - you might get sent down or traded to a team like Ottawa.  These guys are like the little ******* that rat you out to the teacher when you slug them back after they asked for it on the playground - ZERO LEADERSHIP, and ZERO INTEGRITY