Tyler Toffoli traded to the Canucks

yave1964

Not official yet but Darren Dreger has stated that Kings forward Toffoli has been dealt to the Canucks, all players/picks going both ways to be announced within the hour.

Great add for the Canucks who are one of the leagues top surprises this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remains to be seen what Vancouver will have to give up but I too like this add for a young Canucks team that could use a SC champions work ethic and experience

TB overpaid a bit for a depth player like Coleman....I do like Coleman and think he will help but it was an overpay on the part of at B nonetheless......

But perhaps that is the market for depth players this year, so we’ll see at what cost for Vancouver

24 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Remains to be seen what Vancouver will have to give up but I too like this add for a young Canucks team that could use a SC champions work ethic and experience

TB overpaid a bit for a depth player like Coleman....I do like Coleman and think he will help but it was an overpay on the part of at B nonetheless......

But perhaps that is the market for depth players this year, so we’ll see at what cost for Vancouver

IDK, yes the Devils got a first and a recent first round pick in Foote but Coleman will likely end up at or near 30 goals for the year, plays a heavy game, and makes 1.8 million for this year and next. With a hard cap, it is a certainty that one or more of Gourde, Palat or Killorn will be gone, Coleman steps into a middle six role as a solid defensive forward who will be around awhile. NJ got futures, the Bolts got the present. I posted elsewhere that last year the Lightning stayed the course at the deadline, this year they sent a message and I like it for them.

But Toffoli, Vancouver made a statement as well that they mean business in what is a wide open West.

Okay very underwhelming haul for the Kings, Tim Schaller, a journeymen still trying to get a career going, a second rounder and Tyler Madden who was drafted in the third round last year and who is probably still another year at least away from turning pro. The caveat is the Kings get an additional pick if Toffoli who is an UFA resigns. Love the deal for Vancouver, not so much for the Kings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Remains to be seen what Vancouver will have to give up

The Vancouver Canucks have acquired forward Tyler Toffoli from the Los Angeles Kings for forward Tim Schaller, a second-round pick and forward prospect Tyler Madden.

The Kings will also acquire an additional fourth-round pick in 2022 if Toffoli re-signs with Vancouver.

I dunno... Far from bending the Kings over, I think the Canucks paid a pretty steep price. The deal certainly checks everything for the Kings:

a) Pick (2nd)

b) Prospect (Madden has a ton of talent and is absolutely torching the NCAA)

c) Another conditional pick

d) Warm body

All of that for a rental who will play 3rd line minutes in Vancouver and will be difficult to re-sign because of their cap issues. Meanwhile, the Canucks won't pick until the 3rd round this summer. They're going to sit there and watch the other teams pick 75 times while trading away one of their best prospects. They had better make a good run at this to make the juice worth the squeeze.

If the Kings were robbed, what were people thinking that Toffoli would return?

Edited by JR Ewing
Edit - wordz are difficult
  • Good Post 1