2-18-20 a couple of small deals

yave1964

Two small deals so far today,

Dylan Demelo, a stay at home defender who is an UFA at years end was dealt to Winipeg as they continue to patchwork a semblance of a defense, Sbisa went out, Demelo takes his place.

The Rangers dealt defense prospect Joey Keane, a very raw puck mover on the back end to Carolina for former first round pick Julian gautheir who is tearing it up in the AHL. I have never understood why Gautheir hasn't been given more of a chance, he almost certainly will be playing top nine minutes in Manhattan after Kreider is dealt. Both are good prospects, both teams dealt from strength to fill holes.

2 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Sharks have traded Dillon to Washington for one second and one third round picks

I like Brenden Dillon, solid player who slots into the top 4. He is an UFA at years end and young enough, he is going to get paid. I know the rumors were the Sharks wanted a first but this is a nice haul for them while Dillon helps the Caps in a push for another cup.

Mid level defenders starting to fall the Canadiens traded Marco Scandella to the Blues for a second and a conditional 4th. GREAT HAUL for the Canadiens who gave up a 4th to Buffalo for him a month ago. This will certainly send the Sabre fans into a rage as once again the team shows poor asset management. Seems like serious overpayment on the Blues part. Perhaps a sign the Habs are ready to cash it in and be sellers, Tatar and Petry have term remaining but are rumored as potentially being in play.