Wild vs. Canucks 2/19/20 @ 9:30PM CST at Rogers Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Canucks Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (27-24-7)  61pts  6th in the Central

3.02 Goals For Per Game (16th in the NHL)

3.17 Goals Against Per Game (23rd in the NHL)

22% Power Play (8th in the NHL)

74.9% Penalty Kill (29th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 17G 24A = 41pts

2. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 7G 32A = 39pts

3. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 14G 24A = 38pts

4. #11 Zach Parise ~ 21G 15A = 36pts

5. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 14G 16A = 30pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 60 PIM’s

2. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 55 PIM’s

3. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 43 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Alex Stalock (14-9-4)  2.68GAA  .909%SP  3SO

2. #40 Devan Dubnyk (10-14-2)  3.33GAA  .893%SP  1SO

Vs.

Vancouver Canucks (32-22-5)  69pts  3rd in the Pacific

3.19 Goals For Per Game (11th in the NHL)

3.02 Goals Against Per Game (14th in the NHL)

23.7% Power Play (5th in the NHL)

80.2% Penalty Kill (16th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #40 Elias Pettersson ~ 24G 34A = 58pts

2. #9 J.T. Miller ~ 22G 35A = 57pts

3. #53 Bo Horvat ~ 18G 28A = 46pts

4. #6 Brock Boeser ~ 16G 29A = 45pts

5. #43 Quinn Hughes ~ 8G 37A = 45pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #23 Alexander Edler ~ 56 PIM’s

2. #9 J.T. Miller ~ 43 PIM’s

3. #57 Tyler Myers ~ 43 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #25 Jacob Markstrom (22-16-3)  2.74GAA  .918%SP  2SO

2. #35 Thatcher Demko (10-6-2)  3.04GAA  .905%SP

I wrote up the game preview, MNSOTA will be on the post-gamer (which by the way has a ton of prospect news in it FYI).  The Canucks have slid from 1st in the Pacific to 3rd after just one loss this week, but they'll hope to get back on track against the Wild.  The Canucks traded for Tyler Toffoli who will no doubt be motivated to impress in his first game with his new club.  Lucky us!  The Wild looked like crap on Saturday, but according to them they did great (the only thing they didn't do was win).  So not sure what to expect other than another pretend performance by a team full of them.  Enjoy and discuss.  

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Nice preview, thanks! Looking forward to watching this game. Will it be excuses, excuses or will they really fight for the space in front of the goalie?

I think we'll see guys hanging out on the perimeter.  Lots of weak shots being taken from there that will make either Demko or Markstrom look like a stud.  Afterall, they thought they played great on Saturday, so why wouldn't they play the same way?!?!

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I think we'll see guys hanging out on the perimeter.  Lots of weak shots being taken from there that will make either Demko or Markstrom look like a stud.  Afterall, they thought they played great on Saturday, so why wouldn't they play the same way?!?!

Denial is a great way of making sure nothing changes.

Spot on preview again. :) 

I was surprised by the meh effort vs the Sharks.

Go back to when the Wild Fired Yeo and they came alive for Torchetti. They liked the fact Yeo was let go and it showed.

Now we saw the exact opposite in response to Boudreau being fired.

Get over it boys, You still have your job to do.

I would rather watch Greenway, Fiala, Kunin, EEK, Soucy, Brodin, Galchenyuk, Donato, Hartman, Foligno (and Staal and Dumba most of the time) than the stale old Country Club.  I would just like to see the three of them (the CC) in the stands in suits JUST ONCE.  Perhaps it would alter their sense of entitlement. I am not feeling Spurgeon much anymore either, and never understood Zuccarello.  Even when they hang with another team, I just don't see anything to get excited about. SO tired of watching Dubnyk in goal too......

Fiala playing with Kaprizov is a dream that keeps me alive in games like these. If Kaprizov is able to make the transition I think there should be speed and unpredictability, capriciousness in their styles of playing. It could be very fun to watch them and if we're lucky that could happen some time in the not so far away future.

• Like 1

3 Man echo tonight......The definition of apathy - NO ONE cares CL.  How about them apples?!?  Expect your $$ to begin decreasing drastically if you don't give fans something to watch (no one wants to watch your relics labor up/down the ice anymore, in spite of how much you are paying them - and you have FIVE MORE YEARS of 11 and 20).  Play the kids no matter the feelings of 9, 11, and 20....Wes Walz makes me attach my thumb to mute button full time.....

1st two OT shifts - no Country Club.  We actually have owned puck possession.  Now a Parise sighting.  Good Lord, he sucks.  Even his try hard choppy style is embarrassingly slow.  He left Petterson wide open twice with Suter on the ice (and Kunin).  So, the only pressure on the Wild is when these two idiots are back on the ice together.  Still no shitvu....