Wild vs. Canucks 2/19/20 @ 9:30PM CST at Rogers Arena

CreaseAndAssist

Poor Dubnyk on that so called poke check.😆 You have to be faster, Man.

Looks like he focused more after that tho.

Figured my late chance at watching on Bilasport it would be replaying but I got the see the 2nd 1/2 of the 3rd to the end.

A bit more spirited play tonight. 

If we can get Galchenyuk for cheap why the hell wouldn't we try it? I would love the see Dumba, Brodin and Dooby gone at the deadline, for some nice prospects. Koivu and Staal gone for pics. This team could do well next year with a real #1 goalie, no idea where to find one of those even though we used to have them in the pipeline at all times!

6 hours ago, TonyOday said:

If we can get Galchenyuk for cheap why the hell wouldn't we try it? I would love the see Dumba, Brodin and Dooby gone at the deadline, for some nice prospects. Koivu and Staal gone for pics. This team could do well next year with a real #1 goalie, no idea where to find one of those even though we used to have them in the pipeline at all times!

Have you been following Iowa recently? Kahkonen has been outstanding in his last 10 starts.

In that period 3 SOs, a stupendous 1.28 GAA and 0,961 SV% and currently leading the league in wins.

I don't see how any competent GM would want to hide him in the minor league anymore and keep riding with that sieve Dubnyk. But a RFA... Guerin needs to hurry up with the extension talks otherwise Kahkonen will be another lost top prospect.

Edited by Hockey-78

58 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Have you been following Iowa recently? Kahkonen has been outstanding in his last 10 starts.

In that period 3 SOs, a stupendous 1.28 GAA and 0,961 SV% and currently leading the league in wins.

I don't see how any competent GM would want to hide him in the minor league anymore and keep riding with that sieve Dubnyk. But a RFA... Guerin needs to hurry up with the extension talks otherwise Kahkonen will be another lost top prospect.

If dubnyk has a nmc they will have to protect him in the expansion draft. They can only protect 1 goalie. My guess is they are trying to hide him. 

2 hours ago, Tomdog said:

If dubnyk has a nmc they will have to protect him in the expansion draft. They can only protect 1 goalie. My guess is they are trying to hide him. 

The expansion draft is in 2021 and Dubnyk’s contract ends that summer. Providing Guerin doesn’t extend him, Dubnyk is gone and they can protect Kahkonen. Stalock is signed through 2022, so he’ll be the goalie they expose. 

3 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I only got to watch about 10 minutes last night and about half of galchunyeks first game. 
The 10 minutes I watched last night he looked awful. Did the rest of the game improve, more than just the goal?

I didn't like his game. However, he made some crop the ice east-west passes with Zuccarello, which could be used for one-timers. The rest of the team seldom does that, either it's forbidden for defensive reasons or they don't have the capability of crisp passing. I think he's still pretty lost on how to play for the Wild, and if he can find a way to contribute in the NHL level. It doesn't help him at all that the Wild is such a mess with the coach change right now. I wish he would concentrate on one thing only: shoot, every time he gets the puck. He needs goals to find himself as a player. He would also need time for the team to settle down, in order for him to settle down, but time is a luxury a player in Galchenyuk's situation doesn't have. The clock's ticking, and if he doesn't impress now, the KHL is waiting for him. 

Edited by lynxrattle

12 hours ago, TonyOday said:

Well, let’s think about this. Zucker was moved to make room for Kaprizov next season. If the Wild retain Galchenyuk (even on the cheap) where is Kaprizov going to play? Because you have to give Galchenyuk a top six wing slot, and you’re not moving Parise, Zuccarello, or Fiala out of those spots. Maybe they think they can turn Galchenyuk into a center, then you can keep him. But he’d be a terrible 2C. No defense. I just don’t see Galchenyuk on this team after this season. 
Dubnyk’s not going anywhere. He’s been mediocre at best and has a modified NTC. He’s not waiving that NTC to be traded somewhere else with his wife’s medical condition. And I don’t think there are many teams that are going to want a 35 year old goalie that has a sub .900 SV% and a +3.50 GAA.  I think the Wild are stuck with him for one more season.

Dumba’s a crap shoot. Is he just having an off season or was his 53 point season really an outlier? Do you want to take a chance on selling him at his lowest point and then watching him explode on another team?

Brodin would fetch the most. But moving a guy like Brodin waves the REBUILD flag. Not sure Fan Boy #1 wants this. Or Parise. 
Koivu is going to finish his career here. He won’t waive his NMC. And even if he did, you’re not getting more than a third round pick for him. He’s slow, he can’t skate, and he can’t score. About all he has going for him anymore is a 52% face off percentage. 
They’ll hang onto Staal for one more season, simply because he’s affordable and they have no top end centers in the pipeline. They have Nico Sturm, but he projects as a 3C at best. 
Personally, I think the “Cup Contender” window for this team is closed. They need a reboot. But it’s going to be hard to do that with Parise, Suter and Zuccarello hanging around for another five seasons...

17 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Lots of trades going on. Guerin still has three days to trade him. What's the point to keep Dubnyk and not be able to offer a fair deal to Kahkonen? Teams like the Devils, Sens, Wings, Leafs etc. would be happy to add Kahkonen to their roster.

Edited by Hockey-78

7 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Lots of trades going on. Guerin still has three days to trade him. What's the point to keep Dubnyk and not be able to offer a fair deal to Kahkonen? Teams like the Devils, Sens, Wings, Leafs etc. would be happy to add Kahkonen to their roster.

Kahkonen will be safe for the expansion draft. Dubnyk will be gone by then (contract expires 2021, and I can't see Guerin extending him), Stalock is signed through 2022 (can be exposed) leaving Kahkonen to be protected.

Kahkonen is also a restricted free agent who is arbitration eligible. All the Wild have to do is extend him an offer sheet with the minimum salary and he can't negotiate with anyone but the Wild. He'll get a raise, but it won't be unreasonable, provided Stalock or Dubnyk don't do something stupid like breaking a foot kicking a wall or something...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Kahkonen is also a restricted free agent who is arbitration eligible. All the Wild have to do is extend him an offer sheet with the minimum salary and he can't negotiate with anyone but the Wild. He'll get a raise, but it won't be unreasonable, provided Stalock or Dubnyk don't do something stupid like breaking a foot kicking a wall or something...

Um, Kahkonen simply rejects the offer?