Game 61: Flyers at Blue Jackets: 2/20/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

That was some bad goaltending on 2 of the 3 goals. But Foligno made up for it with a horrible pass on a 3 on 1 and then a total screw up in OT....after scoring a nice goal...with Hayes bringing some NFL level showboating to game 61 of an 82 game sched .But the nets were even worse than those  How does Columbus have nets that hide goals?

We'll take the win but we're not scaring anyone in the playoffs. 

I think Sanheim slipped on a mitt on the ice, when he was sliding back on his skates. Ya it looked bad, but I can give him a pass on that.

The last thing we need is another Carbomb fight to turn this game around.......................................................sssssssssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Edited by LegionOfDoom

11 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Sanheim needs to hit the weights,  he was just dwarf tossed by a dwarf. We will get our asses kicked in the playoffs by some of the tougher teams. 

Bet it was a tough flight back with all the sh!t he was getting for that. 

• Like 4

N.AK is a pretty bad ass if he takes it to another level, if things get out of hand, but I think he's keeping it cool for now and not bringing too much drama to himself. Hoping he turns out to be like Tocchet.

Provorov has some strike skills also, he trains in the offseason on striking skills.

But that's why I wanted Rinaldo on our team. He kept it real for the opposition.

Wasn't it him and (Hartnell?) that sandwiched that Tampa defensive player that took liberty on one of our players a few years back.....That's what I'm talkin' about. We lost Simmonds and traded out Gudas. We just have N.AK and Provocop and maybe Nisky.

Good win, nice to come back after digging the hole. Shame to give up the loser point to a team with eight guys on IR.

Sitting third in the division, but two teams three points behind have two games in hand.

Gotta keep the pace.

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

N.AK is a pretty bad ass if he takes it to another level, if things get out of hand, but I think he's keeping it cool for now and not bringing too much drama to himself. Hoping he turns out to be like Tocchet.

Provorov has some strike skills also, he trains in the offseason on striking skills.

But that's why I wanted Rinaldo on our team. He kept it real for the opposition.

Wasn't it him and (Hartnell?) that sandwiched that Tampa defensive player that took liberty on one of our players a few years back.....That's what I'm talkin' about. We lost Simmonds and traded out Gudas. We just have N.AK and Provocop and maybe Nisky.

I cant get on board with you here. Rinaldo was a cement head who would do something stupid while not offereing any upside. Gudas couldnt fight any better than Sanheim. His best defense was trying to break the oppositions hands by head butting them. NAK appears to have moxie, but it hasn't been shown with the bog team. I suspect he is focusing more on other aspects of his game. I'd like to see it though, and before things "get out of hand". By then its too late

Unfortunately, this team doesnt have the ability to stand up to physical teams. I think that will be obvious if they make the playoffs

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

I cant get on board with you here. Rinaldo was a cement head who would do something stupid while not offereing any upside. Gudas couldnt fight any better than Sanheim. His best defense was trying to break the oppositions hands by head butting them. NAK appears to have moxie, but it hasn't been shown with the bog team. I suspect he is focusing more on other aspects of his game. I'd like to see it though, and before things "get out of hand". By then its too late

Unfortunately, this team doesnt have the ability to stand up to physical teams. I think that will be obvious if they make the playoffs

Rinaldo could have been a great 4th line energy player for us, he was a  really good skater, had good speed,  he was very good on the forecheck and hit like a mack truck. For his size, he was a good fighter and always protected his teammates. Opponents were certainly fearful when he was on the  ice. He may have been the most punishing  hitter we ever had, every hit had opponents laid out, even the clean ones. All he needed to do was tone it down a notch with the borderline hits and penalties. He just didnt seem to learn from his mistakes. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

every hit had opponents laid out, even the clean ones. All he needed to do was tone it down a notch with the borderline hits and penalties. He just didnt seem to learn from his mistakes.

this is precisely why the Flyers DONT need him

19 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is soft as baby poo...not sure how you can be that size and play hockey and be such a pu$$y...

@RonJeremy

Gerbe is short that makes it difficult for tall guy to wrestle with , lower center of gravity, plus Gerbe's got a strong base, and on ice it's difficult to use your length as a lever...

If you're tall Travis you don't like the outcome of that scrap, but I did like that 6 came to 28's defense, tells me they're playing for each other. 

It was far from getting his ass kicked.  He didn't  win, which is bad enough. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@RonJeremy

Gerbe is short that makes it difficult for tall guy to wrestle with , lower center of gravity, plus Gerbe's got a strong base, and on ice it's difficult to use your length as a lever...

If you're tall Travis you don't like the outcome of that scrap, but I did like that 6 came to 28's defense, tells me they're playing for each other. 

Yeah I hope you can tell at first he didn't want to get physical with him because in reality it's a fight you can't win no matter what you do.

You beat his ass and then no one is going to give you credit for doing because they'll say what d ya expect you are over a half a foot taller than him.

Then if he does beat your ass then you're going to get ragged for getting beat by a shrimp.

It's a no win situation.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Sanheim the enforcer
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah I hope you can tell at first he didn't want to get physical with him because in reality it's a fight you can't win no matter what you do.

You beat his ass and then no one is going to give you credit for doing because they'll say what d ya expect you are over a half a foot taller than him.

Then if he does beat your ass then you're going to get ragged for getting beat by a shrimp.

It's a no win situation.

I know Sanheim didn’t get his ass kicked , and most likely tripped, but if Sanheim  can hit the weights , it will help his game . I guess he can just watch the video of his fight right before he’s ready to lift weights  to psych him up.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

@RonJeremy

You are right, It is hard to fight a small stocky guys if  you are tall, you either have to keep them at bay with the jab or kick them in the face. If they get inside on you, they can do some damage. They have midget strength.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

I'm sure Gerbe at 5'2" with skates on in the NHL has some pretty impressive lower body strength. Small guys have to be tough to cut it so I"m not surprised Gerbe is a tough mf-er even if he's not a brawler. Remember the story of Briere working out with Canada's strongest man? Sanheim's "fight" looked bad on TV. Wasn't much of a fight in hockey standards, but visuals count I guess. At 5'8" without skates on, I'd root for him as a fellow small guy if he was on the Flyers, but he's not so **** that guy.

Edited by mkscrewy