Game 61: Flyers at Blue Jackets: 2/20/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Brian Elliott - brought to you by Nyquil.

Damn just the version of him I didn't want showing up.

The 4 goals on 24 shots guy from the last Isles game.

This is the last year he should be in Philly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Digityman said:

I disagree with AV's choice to go with Elliot.  I understand the home and away numbers but at some point you are going to have to ride your #1 goalie to get him ready for the playoffs.  Or maybe, AV's plan is to go with the tandem in the playoffs.   Not sure that's a good idea.    When was the last time a goalie tandem did well in the playoffs? 

I tried to be positive with my first response but it looks like the decision to play him almost cost them the win tonight...not the only reason but man he sucks tonight.

If they have to rely on him much down the stretch it could cost them a playoff spot.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Hayes saves the day
  • Good Post 1

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I tried to be positive with my first response but it looks like the decision to play him will cost them the win tonight...not the only reason but man he sucks tonight.

If they have to rely on him much down the stretch it could cost them a playoff spot.

who knows maybe hart will lay an egg too, i mean consistency has been a problem with both of these goalies.

Just now, RonJeremy said:

Sanheim needs to hit the weights,  he was just dwarf tossed by a dwarf. We will get our asses kicked in the playoffs by some of the tougher teams. 

He is soft as baby poo...not sure how you can be that size and play hockey and be such a pu$$y...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

He can't. The season depends on him.

then he's not ready if they dont make the playoffs, that's reality of it and i think the organization sees it too, that's why he's not playing, he's 21 years old, you cant rush this kid to be bernie or else or it will the same problem with the other goalies that had potential that crashed and burned because the fanbase and front office has no patience in developing games the right way, let him be backup for a few years, get a starter, let him get the confidence to be the starter slowly and maybe by the time he's 25 or 26 he can take on that role.

Edited by tucson83

What worries me is, a team like Tampa skates circles around us and hammers us physically and beats up Konecny  as well. We will never be able to match their talent level, but we should at least try to build a team that can  protect our few skill players  and physically wear down a more skilled team. We are lacking in both areas.

• Like 1