Minnesota Wild vs St. Louis Blues, Saunday 2-23-20, 6;30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Kyroo.....sounds like the name of a video game or anime character.

yeah sounds like a character from Street Fighter or Tekken 

Actually there is a character from Kingdom hearts called Lord/sir Kyroo

https://kingdomhearts.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_Kyroo

Edited by bbgarnett

40 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Yawn. Being that the Wilds have no rivals or star players they chose the defending cup champs. I'll be selling tickets out front then heading to the bars for NCAA football

Zach Parise and Ryan Suter are stars...just ask them...

Blues in Control in 4-1 Win Over the Wild

This was a pretty big snooze fest as guys sort of just mailed it in and played catch with the goalie most of the game.  It reminded me a lot of the effort just after Bruce was fired.  I suppose they'll tell us they played great too.  First two goals were pretty soft by Dubnyk, but that's nothing new.  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report, and tons of prospect updates as well as an overview of the Girls State Tournament results.  Enjoy...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Hopefully this is Dubnyk's last start in the Wild jersey. Is there a playoff team in need for an experienced back-up goalie? The Canes maybe?

I hope so too, that this game will be the last Dubnyk's game this season.  4 goals to lose per game is too much for the real goalie . I am surprised that the Wild put against a Stanley Cup winner St.Louis team and their solid goalie Binnington our not the best goalie, especially for this season, Devan Dubnyk. That was a coach's tactical mistake - not a smart thinking. St. Louis team practically dictated to us their game. Our team was not mentally prepared for this game on our home ice to play against them. Stalock had enough time to rest for starting this game, because played on Friday. It seems so far Stalock's play is still better than Dubnyk's. I want to see him as much as possible for our team this season. 

25 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Blues in Control in 4-1 Win Over the Wild

This was a pretty big snooze fest as guys sort of just mailed it in and played catch with the goalie most of the game.  It reminded me a lot of the effort just after Bruce was fired.  I suppose they'll tell us they played great too.  First two goals were pretty soft by Dubnyk, but that's nothing new.  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report, and tons of prospect updates as well as an overview of the Girls State Tournament results.  Enjoy...

Agree LIG. It was not the best Wild team's effort. 

At yours prospect updates - nice to see that Boldy started to heat up.

And again I was impressed by Alex Khovanov stats. He doubled again his points in comparison to the numbers of played games by having now 86 points in 43 played games (30 goals;56 assists;+/- +45).

I didn't hate their game in this one. I think the Blues were just that much better. Having written that, I now keep getting second thoughts: "they didn't have a chance against a supposedly better team, but what if we had had a Zamboni driver in goal..."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I didn't hate their game in this one. I think the Blues were just that much better. Having written that, I now keep getting second thoughts: "they didn't have a chance against a supposedly better team, but what if we had had a Zamboni driver in goal..."

Agreed. I thought they went after the Blues pretty well But then the usual happens.

Missed good chances, Outshooting and outplaying and then the other team scores.

I don't really fault Dubnyk on the 1st goal, Sliding over and it glances off his arm.

The 2nd...Ugh....The others are on the D letting them walk in to prime real estate. 

Suter actually leaning back instead of engaging and just weakly putting his stick out on one was so very sad to see. 

This type of game is exactly how I see if we squeak into the PO's.

And no doubt we'll draw the Blues. 

There's no way we beat them and they show they are a such a higher level than the Wild.

‘Par for the course’ for Suter.  I don’t think he even cares what he looks like anymore. Someone said before - like Roger Dorn from the movie Major League - he only cares about his marketability (QwikTrip in Suters case) and his contract.  He DOES NOT care about winning at all.  He measures himself by TOI and Assists, as well as his paycheck only.  He is what’s wrong with athletes that get the big ‘until retirement’ contracts.  It is really embarrassing what he represents.