Kovalchuk dealt to Washinton

yave1964

Ilya Kovalchuk discovered his game after going to the Habs who are in seller mode, dealing him a few minutes ago to Washington for a third. Good cheap addition to the middle six. Montreal 

Here is an interesting factoid, Kovie now takes up cap space on four different teams. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Ilya Kovalchuk discovered his game after going to the Habs who are in seller mode, dealing him a few minutes ago to Washington for a third. Good cheap addition to the middle six. Montreal 

Here is an interesting factoid, Kovie now takes up cap space on four different teams

I bet his W-2's are gonna be a pain in the arse next season........ oh wait, he can afford to hire accountants for that...nevermind.. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Either LOTS of floating...or LOTS of goals......no in-between most likely...

It might raise Ovechkin's level of play another notch, having his countryman there. Yeah, they'll be floating but they're will be more goals. Kustnetzov, Orlov, Ovie, Kovalchuk. They're 4/5ths on their way to a Russian 5.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

I give Bergevin lots of credit in Montreal, (smething I never say, lol) 

First he added Scandella for a 4th from Buffalo and literally a month later turned him into a 2nd and a 4th from St. Louis.

Then he added Kovalchuk for nothing and a month later turned him into a third. 

Not a fan of his but two very solid under the radar moves on his part.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I give Bergevin lots of credit in Montreal, (smething I never say, lol) 

First he added Scandella for a 4th from Buffalo and literally a month later turned him into a 2nd and a 4th from St. Louis.

Then he added Kovalchuk for nothing and a month later turned him into a third. 

Not a fan of his but two very solid under the radar moves on his part.

Whoever the hell you are, get off yave's computer. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Whoever the hell you are, get off yave's computer. 

No serious, I know he deservedly catches a lot of Hell but turning a 4th into a 2nd and 4th and a retread signee into a 3rd both within a month of Scandella and Kovie coming aboard, that is actually good solid cap management that you have to think his replacement will appreciate at this years draft, especially with the draft being held at the Bell Centre in Montreal....

57 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Small move by @TropicalFruitGirl26 s bolts, Bogosian signed to replace the injured Cernak. Again, great asset management, gave up a little money but no futures for veteran blueliner.

Yea, seen that...and to think..I gave HJ all sorts of grief for Bogo's brain power on the ice...or lackthereof... lol

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

• 4 months later...