Bob Hung In As Best He Could.......

Guest OH1FlyersFan

He did okay tonight. One soft goal - the one that squeezed through between his arm and body, but considering the three breakaways he had to stop plus all of the other great saves he made, we should cut him some slack. He looked sharp. The score could easily have been 7 or 8 - 0, probably higher if Bryz had been in the net. The defense on the other hand, was pretty much non-existent against a team tied for last place in the Eastern Conference. So was the offense, for that matter. Way too many turnovers. Bob gave us a chance, the rest of the team left him hanging this time.

We've got a rough weekend coming up. New Jersey, Boston, Florida. This is going to be brutal. And then way too much time off between Florida and Winnipeg. We won't be up for that game and the Jets have had our number this season. I'd be happy if we stole two out of the next four games.

@OH1FlyersFan

Bob was great tonight and I don't think anyone will blame him tonight. The team hung him out to dry, they did not show up til there was 7-8 mins in the game and it was too late. Briere could've made the game more interesting right after our goal with the 2 on 1 rush. He's continuing to come up small this season, I want to see him show up more often being a leader of this team and for what he's making.

The time off between Florida and Winnipeg is due to the All-Star break.

its so simple, games where this team makes a conscious effort to go to the net to get the dirty goals they normally have successful outcomes. Nights when everything is on the perimeter & they play soft they look completely inept & tonight was one of those games. Especially on the PP.

The time off between Florida and Winnipeg is due to the All-Star break.

Ah. Got it. That's something we couldn't really help, but hope it doesn't ding us. I ain't gonna hold my breath.

And totally agree with everything you said. If they had played the entire game with the urgency they showed in the last 8 minutes, the outcome would have been different. We didn't do enough to wear the Islanders down over the course of the game.

Game could easily have been 5-0. The disallowed goal and the puck Voracek cleared.

And could have been worse than that.

But it won't matter which Bobrovzgalov (Bryzrovsky?) is in net if the team plays like that in front of them.