Nate Thompson traded to Flyers for a 5th Round Pick

pilldoc

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Exactly!

A very solid depth center I was expecting.

Not exactly him but someone cheap to provide depth and guy who can kill penalties and is very very good at faceoffs.

I like this I have to say. Only a 5th.

Yes good move Chuckles.

• Like 3

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

A very solid depth center I was expecting.

Not exactly him but someone cheap to provide depth and guy who can kill penalties and is very very good at faceoffs.

I like this I have to say. Only a 5th.

Yes good move Chuckles.

I stand corrected ....... appreciate the info

3 minutes ago, FlyersFan4Life said:

Not liking either these trades. Pretty much ho-hum doesn't add much of anything. The Caps got more dangerous the Penguins got more dangerous. I would love to see them trade ghost to Toronto for kap

I agree the trade doesn't do much, but...The Caps and Pens are both at the "go for it" stages whereas the Flyers just aren't there yet. 

• Like 1

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2020/2/24/21150781/philadelphia-flyers-trade-deadline-move-nate-thompson-fourth-line-center-possibly

Flyers trade 5th round pick to Montreal for Nate Thompson

The 35-year-old comes with a $1.0 million cap hit.

By Drew Meyer@DrewMeyerHockey  Feb 24, 2020, 11:03am EST

Montreal Canadiens v Ottawa SenatorsPhoto by Jana Chytilova/Freestyle Photography/Getty Images

With just around four hours left for NHL general managers to make trades, it turns out that Chuck Fletcher has pulled the strings yet again and acquired center Nate Thompson from the Montreal Canadiens:

Thompson, 35, is regarded as a great penalty killer, is good from the face-off dot (55.0% of face-offs won), and will likely slot in at the 4C spot as the Flyers look to make a playoff run.

He has 14 points (four goals, ten assists) in 63 games played, with a 48.66% Corsi-for percentage at 5-on-5, which isn’t amazing but is better than both Tyler Pitlick and Connor Bunnaman’s 5-on-5 CF%.

Thompson’s contract is only for the 2019-20 season, so this is almost certainly a rental move for the club. The pick is for 2021, so this is a very no-risk move for the Flyers to make.

Edited by LegionOfDoom

ab2c2822d79a301ffd67f4f6e6b5bc4a_bigger.

Replying to
Many Flyers fans seem to underestimate Thompson. Great veteran, great faceoff and PK guy, gets you the important goals, blocks shots... He does all the small details that some teams are missing. Trust me, you won't regret that one.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:
Nate Thompson on joining Philly: “I want to come in and lead by example. They have a great core and great leadership there already…I’m just excited to be a part of it and I’m excited to be a Flyer now.”

Popcorn machine is on the counter, Fletch likes his buttered

• Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Popcorn machine is on the counter, Fletch likes his buttered

These are solid depth moves that didn't cost much at all.

And they have options in the offseason they can still address and not block the youth.