Trade Deadline day is here! all the deals

yave1964

51 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Johnny Hockey has left the ice at Flames practice. Get him, Chuck! (Update: A team source confirms it was a "Bladder Emergency".)

If Fletcher is going to deal what it would take to get that kind of player I'd prefer someone a little more playoff savvy. 

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I would have thought the contract was untradeable. Andrew Ladd supposedly coming the other way to make the money work-yeesh, he cannot play anymore .Not sure who or what else is involved. All the Isles picks already traded for Pageau

Supposedly this has been in the works since Summer 2019, I guess. Parise wanted out because he didn't like the direction the Wild were heading in, and told Fenton he'd waive his NMC if the right situation came about (i.e. a Cup contender that would take him and his salary on).

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the deal: Parise for Ladd. That's it. No pick, prospects. A lot of people on the Athletic twitter feed are saying the Wild should get something else back, but the benefit of moving Parise is clearing $2+M off their cap situation. I mean, if Boston had to throw in a #1 to move Backes and his salary to Anaheim, Wild fans should consider themselves lucky that Lamoriello isn't demanding similar...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

If Fletcher is going to deal what it would take to get that kind of player I'd prefer someone a little more playoff savvy. 

I hear ya and while that's nice, I also want somebody who's young and very talented, can score goals AND wants to be here in Philly.

• Like 2

So far, and understanding that there could be more to come, I like Deadline Day for both the Edmonton Oilers and Ottawa Senators.

The Oilers have seemingly gone from a one line not consistently much else type team, to one that actually looks like could transform them a bit more to one where they can do a bit more of everything needed to really contend for the playoffs and play well once there.

AA and Green added from Detroit seem brilliant.
AA in particular, who showed bursts here and there playing on a low scoring Wings team, should really have no excuse playing on a team (and I understand, possible linemate of McD) that features three of the league's best offensive players. 
His numbers may take giant steps forward.

Mike Green, smart veteran, not the most solid defensively, though he isn't terrible there, allows Edmonton to slot their other "D" a bit better and he can move the puck with the best of them.
Green feeding dangerous Oilers' forward lines pucks (much like he was rumored to be able to do for TB a couple seasons ago when the Lightning were interested in him) should produce LOTS of scoring chances for EDM.

The Yzerman-Holland connection continues............

As for the Senators, wow....
Sure, they aren't going anywhere (which is kinda the idea I suppose), but have you seen their draft board!?
They have done a good job so far trading off players who simply were not going to be in their long term plans and converted them into tons of picks and prospects.

Just looking at picks for his summer...they currently have THREE 1st rounders, FOUR 2nd rounders, TWO 3rd rounders....very, very nice for them.
They still have a contract or two that are an albatross (Bobby Ryan for sure....Nikita Zaitsev possibly...I am just not sold on him) but overall, the Sens are doing exactly what they need to do to improve and have acquired more tools to do so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Pens recycle Connor Sheary for Dominik Kahun

Also to the Pens Evan Rodrigues

Kind of a head scratcher for Buffalo after the Simmonds trade, No ?

Was just thinking that...
I really don't understand Simmonds to BUF....made it look like Buffalo hasn't given up on the season, but then they go and trade pretty good depth players.

Botteril is either a cement head, or a damned brilliant strategist who plans 15 moves ahead of everyone else.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Was just thinking that...
I really don't understand Simmonds to BUF....made it look like Buffalo hasn't given up on the season, but then they go and trade pretty good depth players.

Botteril is either a cement head, or a damned brilliant strategist who plans 15 moves ahead of everyone else.....

I was told by a guy at a Buffalo Applebees that while most GMs play checkers, Botterill plays chess.:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

Calgary added blueline depth inUFAs Forbort from the Kings and Gustafsson from Chicago. 

Nice adds for them as well.
I always felt, even when the Flames did really well a couple seasons ago, that they STILL were a bit soft defensively (as in allowing chances, not physically...they can still hit!), and these two adds may help in that area.

Especially the underrated Derek Forbort.
He is your classic, stay at home, big bodied, no frills defender whose main issue in the NHL seems to be staying healthy.
Kings may also have mis-slotted him as they were always searching for offense from, well, ANYWHERE, and in Calgary, they have enough offense from both the forwards and defense, where he just needs to be a solid tower of power at the blue line, don't do stupid things, and not much else....that lone will help Calgary.

Gustafsson can basically replace what Giordano was doing while he mends, and will double that once Gio gets back.

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As for the Senators, wow....
Sure, they aren't going anywhere (which is kinda the idea I suppose), but have you seen their draft board!?
They have done a good job so far trading off players who simply were not going to be in their long term plans and converted them into tons of picks and prospects.

A model the Leafs should be emulating right now.  :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I was told by a guy at a Buffalo Applebees that while most GMs play checkers, Botterill plays chess.:ph34r:

Hmmm....well, unless Botteril has some super secret master plan none of us are privy to, seems to me more like he is playing Naked Twister..... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Nick Ritchie to Boston makes the B's not only tougher to play against, but Ritchie, still a young guy, is a classic power forward, who for whatever reason, really hadn't found his stride with the Ducks.

Maybe a cross country trade to Boston, a yearly contender and a team that knows how to develop big bodied players, will serve as a wake up call for him.
Ritchie is already an excellent hitter, now he needs to show he can contribute on offense on a regular basis.
He fits perfectly with Boston's style of play.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Nick Ritchie to Boston makes the B's not only tougher to play against, but Ritchie, still a young guy, is a classic power forward, who for whatever reason, really hadn't found his stride with the Ducks.

Maybe a cross country trade to Boston, a yearly contender and a team that knows how to develop big bodied players, will serve as a wake up call for him.
Ritchie is already an excellent hitter, now he needs to show he can contribute on offense on a regular basis.
He fits perfectly with Boston's style of play.

In Anaheim, he HAD to be one of the BIG players that produced a lot. In Boston, they can mold him in to a more realistic rold. Good trade for the Broons.