Trade Deadline day is here! all the deals

yave1964

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Lehner to Vegas. Might we see a P Kane move in the next minute?

Poor Malcolm Subban.....given chance after chance to establish himself, can never quite do it....now with Lehner, a UFA arriving, the goalie duo of MarcMan and Robin will see to it Malcolm gets sent back to the minors...and if Lehner re-signs and stays in Vegas, Malcolm could see himself out of the Knights' org....

Then again, with Lehner's previous demons....is Vegas REALLY a good idea for him!?
We will see....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

wow. both he and ladd waived ntc and then...… nothing

Honestly, I think if it is possible for the Wild to move NTC players, it may likely have to happen in the off season.
The return Minnesota gets is too important to just go with the first thing that comes along.

Contrary to some misguided beliefs, guys like Parise, Suter, and Dubnyk can still represent some value to the right team.... GM Bill Guerin just needs to try and maximize any and all he can get for them, if indeed, they are movable and the Wild really have decided to start over.

Off season would allow better thinking things over as opposed to knee jerk moves at the deadline. 

• Like 1

Some very good under the radar moves...

The Canes acquisitions of both Brady Skjei from the NYR and Sami Vatanen from the NJD.
As if the Canes didn't like shooting the puck enough, they get two blueliners who can definitely do that as well.

Also, I know the Canes' defense is depleted (and these moves were almost necessary), but still, looking long term, especially in the case of Skjei, he should fit in as a do a bit of everything, large mobile, 2nd pair type defender for them even when they get healthy defensemen back.

20 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Honestly, I think if it is possible for the Wild to move NTC players, it may likely have to happen in the off season.
The return Minnesota gets is too important to just go with the first thing that comes along.

Contrary to some misguided beliefs, guys like Parise, Suter, and Dubnyk can still represent some value to the right team.... GM Bill Guerin just needs to try and maximize any and all he can get for them, if indeed, they are movable and the Wild really have decided to start over.

Off season would allow better thinking things over as opposed to knee jerk moves at the deadline. 

I don't think this was a knee jerk reaction by Guerin, since this deal was initiated by Parise last summer. He told Fenton he'd waive his NMC if Fenton could find the right deal for him. It initially fell through because Fenton didn't want to take Ladd back.

And now it's out in the open that Parise wants out of Minnesota, I'm not sure how much that will decrease what Guerin can get in return...

Gonna be an awkward season for Parise next season...

Edited by IllaZilla

@yave1964

Seems Barclay Goodrow really is headed to TB.....according to NHL Network, but even they still don't have the details on who goes to the Sharks.

Crossing fingers it isn't defenseman Foote or big forward Raddysh.....I would LOVE to see those two on the big club in the next season or two.

I had posted earlier that Malcolm Subban may find himself out of the Knights org...
Well, details filtered in via NHL Network.... Subban is in fact, part of the deal that sent Lehner to Vegas.

Subban will get a chance with the Blackhawks behind Corey Crawford.
Craw has been known to falter, so Subban will once again get the chance to show he belongs in the NHL.

As much as I liked the Nick Ritchie to Boston for the Bruins, I think the Ducks got a pretty sweet player in Danton Heinen going their way.

Not as defensively responsible as the B's usually like their players, he likely fits Anaheim's more wide open style better...and he did put up some decent seasons under a mostly defensive Bruins system, and should do well playing with the likes of a Rakell, Silfverberg, Troy Terry, or Sam Steel.
Ducks even picked up Sonny Milano as well, so while their defense still could use work...LOTS of work....and some vets likely need to be phased out still, their young forwards group, with Heinen in it, look like they may have some good potential.

More offensive upside with Heinen vs Ritchie....although Ritchie could turn out to be a vicious 25-30 point beast that the Bruins LOVE to have on their squads.

6 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@yave1964

Seems Barclay Goodrow really is headed to TB.....according to NHL Network, but even they still don't have the details on who goes to the Sharks.

Crossing fingers it isn't defenseman Foote or big forward Raddysh.....I would LOVE to see those two on the big club in the next season or two.

WTF? We were given a 1st round pick for Barclay Goodrow????

Thank you but....Why? you just gave us a 1st for a grinder.

17 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

WTF? We were given a 1st round pick for Barclay Goodrow????

Thank you but....Why? you just gave us a 1st for a grinder.

Errrr, because the Bolts are trying to win a Cup, realize they need sandpaper and grit to get it done along with their talent, and most, importantly, have an embarrassment of riches in their organization that they can afford to part with high picks to get just the players they deem necessary to win a title this year, possibly next.

Hey, I agree TB is paying some pretty high prices for grinder types (see: Coleman), but at this stage, it is the one thing that seems to be lacking......that type of personnel and the mindset to 'get down n dirty' in a 7-game set if need be.

Coleman, Goodrow, Maroon, hell, even Bogosian, provided he leaves his stupids in Buffalo, in addition to guys TB developed themselves like Ceddy Paquette, Alex Killorn, and agitators like Yanni Gourde all contribute to that cause.

• Like 2

barclay Goodrow sounds like a third grader who gets his lunch money taken by a bully every day lol but actually he is a pretty fair tough hockey player. Agree the first was high payment but the bolts are built for playoff hockey now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

barclay Goodrow sounds like a third grader who gets his lunch money taken by a bully every day lol but actually he is a pretty fair tough hockey player. Agree the first was high payment but the bolts are built for playoff hockey now

Yeah, the 1st is absurd, but I think in terms of players, he's a pretty good add for a playoff run.