Flyers add more depth with trade for Derek Grant

LegionOfDoom

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree and then to see him get blown up in the playoffs and stay down on the ice ala Lindros in the 1999-2000 playoffs series changing deflating play by the cheap shot by Stevens would be hard to live through again.

I lean towards saving him for next year especially with them playing so well...

It's funny you bring up Lindros.  That's exactly what was in my head when I was writing my post.  Both in the context of interrupting chemistry (I was really against reinserting Lindros into that lineup for the exact same reason) and because of the ultimate result. 

Didn't want to come off as comparing Patrick to Lindros (despite that not being the point), so I didn't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It's funny you bring up Lindros.  That's exactly what was in my head when I was writing my post.  Both in the context of interrupting chemistry (I was really against reinserting Lindros into that lineup for the exact same reason) and because of the ultimate result. 

Didn't want to come off as comparing Patrick to Lindros (despite that not being the point), so I didn't. 

No but that is exactly what i am going for. I want what is best for both. The team. And the kid.

And you know no one will ever admit to wanting to hurt someone but when you get into a series with just say the Caps or even the Pens you know some dIckhead like Wilson or Hornqvist will take a cheap shot at Patrick's head to put him out for the series or longer is that worth risking right now????

I don't think so and it could alter the mind set of the Flyers to see that happen to a team mate and maybe not for the best it could deflate them and change the whole series outcome for the worst.

So myself i would lean towards the side of caution and get Patrick ready for 2020-21 and a fresh start. Just my 2 cents on it.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1