2020 Minnesota State Boys Hockey Tournament Preview - OFFICIAL TOURNEY THREAD

2020 Minnesota Boys State Hockey Tournament Preview

This should be a really fun year.  We have some new faces as well as some of powerhouses back.  But I think overall this tournament is less predictable and more wide open in both classes than in previous seasons.  Enjoy and discuss the State Tournament here.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist
  • Like 1

As is my custom, I went to the Mooch last Wednesday for the 2AA and 6AA finals - saw two very good games - both decided by one goal - and I think Blake and Eden Prairie will both make some noise.  Clearly I have not seen Andover so I can't speak for them, but I could see Blake winning the AA.

I used to broadcast Hutch games and would like to seem them do well - but being the #8 seed and playing Warroad in the quarters doesn't bode well for the Tigers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antti_Laxative said:

PS - Thanks @CreaseAndAssist for the heads up on this book.  I am about  half way though it ... just getting now to most of the games/tourney's I remember from my youth - so it's getting really good - The perfect buildup to the tourney itself.

tourney 2 resized.jpg

tourney resized.jpg

Sweet!  They signed your copy!  Its a great book indeed!  

• Like 1

...Aaaaand Warroad is in the process of making it 3-for-3.

Yay Hutch for making the record books though. When you allow a kid to tie a record John Mayasich set in 1951...that's not what they had in mind methinks 🤔 (5 points in one period)

My brackets are totally wrecked.  St. Thomas' goalie ruined that for me.  And then Hermantown crushed Cathedral to ruin Class A for me.  Hill-Murray and Eden Prairie should be an interesting match up, as I think Bill Lechner is the best coach in the tournament.  That team just executes so well and I like the puck movement they get from their defenseman; very efficient and smooth.  And Mahtomedi looked considerably improved from their quarterfinal performance against Delano.  I thought the Zephyrs looked a lot faster and more physical and certainly more confident.  I still think Hermantown has the edge, but it might be closer game than most may think.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I still think Hermantown has the edge, but it might be closer game than most may think.  

Hermantown's coaching isn't too shabby either.

Way to go Great Clips - for coming through with the lettuce!

"Hairmantown has a new mayor...his name is Mike" 🤣

"The Hair B&B - and Jake left the key under the mat"

"The Sinatra Salad - Vinigrettes - he's had a few - but then again, too few to mention"

Here's THE team boys:

Edited by Antti_Laxative
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1