Game 66: Flyers at Capitals; 3/4/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

This Flyers team is the most solid team they've had in years (not saying much).  No real game changers, but play a smart, tough team game, with very deep scoring.  Third and fourth lines have been contributing a lot.  Reminds me of Vigneault's Rangers teams.  Could still use some additional speed  . . .

Surprisingly they seem unfazed by the Cap's physicality.

I get the JVR hate, but he has been playing fairly well lately and losing him will hurt.  Farabee just is not ready yet, especially for the playoffs.

I attribute most of their success to good goaltending and the big mobile defense who get the puck out of the zone quickly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

This Flyers team is the most solid team they've had in years (not saying much).  No real game changers, but play a smart, tough team game, with very deep scoring.  Third and fourth lines have been contributing a lot.  Reminds me of Vigneault's Rangers teams.  Could still use some additional speed  . . .

Surprisingly they seem unfazed by the Cap's physicality.

I get the JVR hate, but he has been playing fairly well lately and losing him will hurt.  Farabee just is not ready yet, especially for the playoffs.

I attribute most of their success to good goaltending and the big mobile defense who get the puck out of the zone quickly.

And 4+ goals per game

Just now, CoachX said:

TK will dance with him.  That kid is fearless

He is, but he's undersized. I want someone to line him up and run him thru the boards. He's a dirty player with no respect, show him none in return. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

He is, but he's undersized. I want someone to line him up and run him thru the boards. He's a dirty player with no respect, show him none in return. 

I think N.AK is taking numbers and is waiting for his chance to really throw the hurt. I think he's been playing conservatively and not hitting harder than he knows how to. I think he can put the hurt for sure once they say...."Release the Hounds..."

Edited by LegionOfDoom
grammer