Ottawa CEO Jim Little fired for conduct reasons

Puck_Pun

So many fans have given the standard Pavlovian response that it's because he crossed Melnyk somehow and got fired for it. The only thing Bettman said was that "is not what you think" and that it was an internal Ottawa decision. It's hard to tell with so little information, but it is interesting that this reason has been given a few times this season for sackings

On 3/4/2020 at 11:40 AM, Puck_Pun said:

So many fans have given the standard Pavlovian response that it's because he crossed Melnyk somehow and got fired for it. The only thing Bettman said was that "is not what you think" and that it was an internal Ottawa decision. It's hard to tell with so little information, but it is interesting that this reason has been given a few times this season for sackings

Must have been hookers and blow. 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, Puck_Pun said:

Maybe they can fire the ownership too lol.    ;) 

We covered this in another thread I think. (About Roenick.) I posted a bunch of stuff there and my thoughts are the same, without knowing anything about this story. To me it's black and white. What you do outside of work is for the law to decide. If you do something bad enough that you wind up in jail, then you'll lose your job because you won't be able to make it there. On the other hand, if you're just a nasty all around person who isn't nasty enough to wind up behind bars, then as long as it doesn't spill over into the workplace, you should be untouchable.  

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Maybe they can fire the ownership too lol.    ;) 

We covered this in another thread I think. (About Roenick.) I posted a bunch of stuff there and my thoughts are the same, without knowing anything about this story. To me it's black and white. What you do outside of work is for the law to decide. If you do something bad enough that you wind up in jail, then you'll lose your job because you won't be able to make it there. On the other hand, if you're just a nasty all around person who isn't nasty enough to wind up behind bars, then as long as it doesn't spill over into the workplace, you should be untouchable.  

His story as to the reason is the firing is a result of a call with Melnyk, so it's definitely work related and definitely Melnyk ego related. He only had the job for 55 days which isn't a good look

FB_IMG_1583362551601.jpg

Edited by Puck_Pun

11 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

His story as to the reason is the firing is a result of a call with Melnyk, so it's definitely work related and definitely Melnyk ego related. He only had the job for 55 days which isn't a good look

Ah well that's a different story then. Heated arguments with co-workers or management are of course grounds for firing.  :) 

I thought this was going to be yet another story of how someone with a hidden camera captured Little going into a bar at 3am and calling a woman "sugar t__s" while having a few cold ones..... with the person in question immediately posting the footage on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and selling it to every news network in the world, etc....  And of course the obligatory women's group that would create the petition to get him fired... blah blah blah...  

It's so unusual to see someone get fired for a NORMAL FIREABLE offence these days!  

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2020 at 8:02 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

Ah well that's a different story then. Heated arguments with co-workers or management are of course grounds for firing.  :) 

I thought this was going to be yet another story of how someone with a hidden camera captured Little going into a bar at 3am and calling a woman "sugar t__s" while having a few cold ones..... with the person in question immediately posting the footage on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and selling it to every news network in the world, etc....  And of course the obligatory women's group that would create the petition to get him fired... blah blah blah...  

It's so unusual to see someone get fired for a NORMAL FIREABLE offence these days!  

To bad it happened!