Whats up with Danny Briere?

Guest Flyingswede

I've been waiting for him to get it going for a long time now. I think he is underachieving. He is not bad, dont get me wrong. But 13 goals? doesnt look like danny to me. Is he going downhill and have seen his best years?

tell me about... he's on my fantasy team and i've been waiting for him to breakout all year. since i'm watching him pretty closely in most games, it seems to be he's not being paired up with complimentary line partners. that seems to be the biggest thing. but, he's also probably pressing a lot right now because he hasn't had that much success. he's not going to the areas where he's had success most, like behind the net.

it would seem simmonds would be a good fit for him because he drives the net, but no offense to max talbot, but max isn't the playmaker or pure scorer that line needs.

Briere has never been a really high-goal total player. 25-30 seems to be his average, and he's at least on pace for that range. He might end up being a few points off his average by the end of the season.

that's exactly right. He had that one 95-point season in Buff after the lockout and a good season after that, but all in all he's probably a 60-point guy in the reg season. The POs is another story - he's a pt/game player his whole career (so far).

I'm not worried about Briere but it would be nice to see him and Simmonds, Voracek get something going, some set plays they could run. They look like 3 guys all trying their own thing, from Jake carrying it in through 2, 3 defenders to Briere behind the net looking...looking...and nobody in front to take a pass. (actually it isn't that bad)

Off topic: Dont you guys think its time to get Couturier off the 4th line? He is one hell of a smart player with a good reach and a good shot. He is doing great on the 4th but I think he deserves more ice time. Like the Islanders game. Giroux and Jagr didnt have a nice evening, why not move Couturier up then. He is a guy that can turn games.

Off topic: Dont you guys think its time to get Couturier off the 4th line? He is one hell of a smart player with a good reach and a good shot. He is doing great on the 4th but I think he deserves more ice time. Like the Islanders game. Giroux and Jagr didnt have a nice evening, why not move Couturier up then. He is a guy that can turn games.

The thing is that when the other 3 lines are working fairly well, having Couturier on the 4th is really not that bad because he needs to be covered. So that causes big problems for the opposition on how to spread out coverage for all four lines.