Game 67: Hurricanes at Flyers; 3/5/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Kiss of death. Maybe you should stay away just to be safe?

too much $ tied up to skip it, seats are too good + made a promise to teen-girl mojo for shopping and cute boy gazing, the Flyers have a bunch of young guys with good hair according to her.

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Totally agree. If there is technology that makes goals like this more obvious,  then get it going.

I would think more cameras inside goalposts would be the obvious solution

not in that goals case though, Holtby's fat ass was blocking all the light and angles. cameras mounted on the goal posts wouldn't have provided any different or better perspective than what we saw. 

sensors would have. 

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

So my question is: does the stupid new e-puck help tell us that TK's disallowed goal from last night was across the line? If it deosn't do that, then what's the point. It's just gimmickry otherwise. 

Let's hope right??? Knowing the league that haven't even thought of that....they just want to know how fast the puck is moving...

This is what manyof us have been praying for all season to get the power play off life support...other teams will continue to play undisciplined hockey when you can't make them pay for their dumb mistakes and liberties they take towards our players.

But hey you starting putting goals on the board and maybe they stop that bullsh it. Keep it going Fly guys.

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

only if the goal line and or cage has sensors too right ? I don't think gps is accurate down to 4 inches...at least not commercial applications.

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Totally agree. If there is technology that makes goals like this more obvious,  then get it going.

Yeah, sensors either in the ice or the posts I guess. So, obviously they haven't done that.  Honestly, I think that's where the game is headed. Sensors in the ice, the goal line, the blue line etc. It would help get rid of the linesmen. Replace the refs with chimpanzees while they're at it.  Free up some space out there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

they just want to know how fast the puck is moving...

Right? Which is so dumb. Who cares? Like it matters whether it's going 70 MPH or 110 MPH. Sometimes the NHL just blows my mind with their stupidity and lack of vision.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

not in that goals case though, Holtby's fat ass was blocking all the light and angles. cameras mounted on the goal posts wouldn't have provided any different or better perspective than what we saw. 

sensors would have. 

I agree with sensors, as long as they work. I think there needs to be a human factor attached to common sense. It was obvious last nights goal was across, but due to the rule of having irrefutable evidence, the goal was disallowed. Smart officials making good money should be able to make the obvious call. But they instead, hide behine a rule which absolves them of responsibility 

• Good Post 2

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Replace the refs with chimpanzees while they're at it.  Free up some space out there.

This would be an example of technology improving the game 🐒

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Let's hope right??? Knowing the league that haven't even thought of that....they just want to know how fast the puck is moving...

Cause this will draw the casual fan and increase revenue.  Kind of like the removal of fighting

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Cause this will draw the casual fan and increase revenue.  Kind of like the removal of fighting

Maybe it's make beautiful rainbow streaks across our 4K tv screens now...

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

What about a goalie crotch cam? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

What about a goalie crotch cam? 

only outward facing models need consideration

hey - to derail a thread, what happened to the drama tree...what's this Echobats business ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

only outward facing models need consideration

hey - to derail a thread, what happened to the drama tree...what's this Echobats business ?

Echobats is still just the two of us, but in a completely different direction. We've been getting a lot more traction doing more pop type stuff, and honestly, we just don't have time to do full organic band based stuff. I wrote so many songs that would fit the Drama Tree mould, but it takes a lot out of me because I'm writing all of it - drums, guitars, bass, keys, and then I'm performing, recording, mixing, producing it all as well.

Long-term we are focusing on the production, writing, engineering side of music, and what we release as Echobats is proof of concept. We are taking on up and coming talent and helping them express the very best of what they have to give - baby steps right now though.

Long story short, Girl That I Love (current release) is a very poppy and mainstream song. Upcoming releases are a bit grittier (heh).

My biggest problem is that I just love writing music of all kinds. I'm like a squirrel that way lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good i thought i was going to have to retire this meme...i'll keep it on hand...

Image result for oh no we suck again meme

...i dusted it off and have it on the ready......say when.

Ya, I should expect them to go 38-0 right through the playoffs.

But then I woke up.

Losing one is no big deal as long as they get back on the horse. 

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Right? Which is so dumb. Who cares? Like it matters whether it's going 70 MPH or 110 MPH. Sometimes the NHL just blows my mind with their stupidity and lack of vision.

I wish they'd make it so the player who has the puck flashes. And the flashing speeds up when he's going to shoot. Then I could follow that darn puck. :devil:

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I wish they'd make it so the player who has the puck flashes. And the flashing speeds up when he's going to shoot. Then I could follow that darn puck. :devil:

I loled

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Prove to me that hasn't already been done.

LMAO. I was wondering where you were...comedy gold there.

Upon reflection though, I would say I have a higher opinion of chimps than you do.

• Haha 1