Game 69: Bruins at Flyers; 3/10/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

Shouldn't be any problem getting up for this one.

Rested up should be good to go.

Going for the big one zero in a row.

Can they?

Will they?

Edited by OccamsRazor

This should be interesting, just watched highlights from the January game. Halak played that night and wasn't very good. 

We're missing Myers and pretty funny to say but I think the team will miss the rookie defensman. 

He was really playing well when he blocked that shot from Eichel. 

I don't buy into the Broons being better.

I do think they are very good, and one of the teams to beat in the East. I also think our guys are right there with them.

Should be fun, I don't like Boston sports- at all, but I have liked the way this core of Bruins has played, they contest everywhere with speed and physicality. Should be a fun game to watch.

I think Marchand will have a little extra motivation after the shoot out fiasco, that can go one of two ways, either he plays lights out or he tries too hard and does stupid stuff...I'm hoping for version 2 so long as he doesn't end one of our guy's seasons. 

Hoping that is just a little more motivation for them tonight.  Win and they have first.   Should be a great game.

Win tonight and I don't care what happens on Thursday (I expect it to be pretty ugly)  

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Should be any problem getting up for this one.

Rested up should be good to go.

Going for the big one zero in a row.

Can they?

Will they?

Not with this kind of jinxy attitude!

44 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Hoping that is just a little more motivation for them tonight.  Win and they have first.   Should be a great game.

Win tonight and I don't care what happens on Thursday (I expect it to be pretty ugly)  

I'm curious why you think this ?

Too many wins on the streak/ due for a let down ? 

The games played this year have been close.

The game in January was lost on a fluke goal by Falloon.

The game in February was Carter Hart's last bad road game. The Flyers out shot the Lightning Vasielski made 6 10 bell saves on great chances. 

I don't see a team in the NHL that the Flyers can't beat. The Lightning are good, but they aren't ZOMG good. They aren't "playing at a different level than the Flyers".

YMMV

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm curious why you think this ?

Too many wins on the streak/ due for a let down ? 

The games played this year have been close.

The game in January was lost on a fluke goal by Falloon.

The game in February was Carter Hart's last bad road game. The Flyers out shot the Lightning Vasielski made 6 10 bell saves on great chances. 

I don't see a team in the NHL that the Flyers can't beat. The Lightning are good, but they aren't ZOMG good. They aren't "playing at a different level than the Flyers".

YMMV

I was at that game. Halak made more than 6 10 bell saves. The Flyers played very well that game just could not buy a lucky bounce. Looking forward to tonight's game and can't wait for the chirping match between Giroux/Konecny and the rat. That alone will be worth the price of admission.

• Like 1

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS (subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
49 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton - 38 Derek Grant - 18 Tyler Pitlick
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Nate Thompson - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim -8 Robert Hägg (or 5 Phil Myers)
53 Shayne Gostisbehere (or 8 Robert Hägg) - 61 Justin Braun

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Power Play 1: Giroux, Couturier, Konecny, Voracek, Provorov.
Power Play 2: Grant, Hayes, Aube-Kubel, Sanheim or Gostisbehere, Niskanen.

Scratches: one of 53 Shayne Gostisbehere (healthy) or 5 Phil Myers (lower body), 25 James van Riemsdyk (broken right index finger, out 4-to-6 weeks from March 4).

LTIR: 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL, out for season), 23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing sarcoma, out for season), 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines).

BRUINS

63 Brad Marchand - 37 Patrice Bergeron - 88 David Pastrnak
21 Nick Ritchie - 46 David Krejci - 28 Ondrej Kase
52 Sean Kuraly - 13 Charlie Coyle - 74 Jake DeBrusk
20 Joakim Nordström - 26 Pär Lindholm - 14 Chris Wagner

33 Zdeno Chara - 73 Charlie McAvoy
48 Matt Grzelcyk - 75 Connor Clifton
27 John Moore - 79 Jeremy Lauzon

40 Tuukka Rask
41 Jaroslav Halak

Power Play 1: Marchand, Bergeron, Coyle, Pastrnak, McAvoy
Power Play 2: : Krejci, Kase, DeBrusk, Grzelcyk, McAvoy

Scraches: 10 Anders Björk (healthy), 25 Brandon Carlo (upper body), 47 Torey Krug (upper body), 81 Anton Blidh (healthy).

IR: 86 Kevan Miller (broken kneecap)

25 Brandon Carlo (upper body, took an elbow to his face, Mar. 4) will not play..

Been a while since last posting.  Work and life have been very busy for a while.  Watching games (or parts of) when I can.  All in all, really have enjoyed this season and am looking forward to tonight's game and the TB game.  I won't be able to watch live tonight (work), but expect this to have a PO-like atmosphere especially with a shot at first place on the line.  Plus, I think the Flyers actually match-up pretty well against Boston.  Really like the confidence and resilience this team has at the moment.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

@vis

Welcome back...we missed you. It has been a fun season...and hope it keeps going till June.  See you on Broad St for the parade!

Yeah, wish I was around more to post, especially this last half.  Hoping to be around more, especially for the POs.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, vis said:

Been a while since last posting.  Work and life have been very busy for a while.  Watching games (or parts of) when I can.  All in all, really have enjoyed this season and am looking forward to tonight's game and the TB game.  I won't be able to watch live tonight (work), but expect this to have a PO-like atmosphere especially with a shot at first place on the line.  Plus, I think the Flyers actually match-up pretty well against Boston.  Really like the confidence and resilience this team has at the moment.

Nice seeing you back vis. I do think they match up well...though I wish Ghost wasn't being forced in by an injury to a very good Myers. Nothing against Ghost.

Go Flyers!

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Nice seeing you back vis. I do think they match up well...though I wish Ghost wasn't being forced in by an injury to a very good Myers. 

Agree.  Myers, and the defense as configured with Myers in (and with Ghost out of) the lineup, seems to have been playing very well.  Nothing against Ghost, but I don't think he's been missed much -- defensively, at least.  It's also a tough spot for Ghost to be thrown into a game.  AV will have his work cut out for him to limit Ghost's exposure to the Bergeron line and to limit his d-zone starts.  

Edited by vis
  • Like 1