Game 69: Bruins at Flyers; 3/10/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm curious why you think this ?

Can't win every game.  Having these two back to back while on a 9 game win streak.   I expect tonight's game to be close and hopefully Hart can keep the B's top line from scoring more than one.   After tonight's game, going down to Tampa, I'm not expecting much. 

• Like 1

Flyers win 4-3 tonight. Coots with 2 goals. I would actually rather they face Rask than Halak. So this works for me.  There isn't a team in the league that the Flyers shouldn't be favored against AT HOME. The Flyer train keeps rollin' tonight.

• Like 2

I have to say, this is the game Im worried about.  Not in the big scheme of things. There are too many variables come olayoff time. But Im worried just about a loss during a winning streak. 

The Bruins had a physical, emotional game against TB (who I ****** hate 🤬). I get the sense they are going to be fired up. The Flyers are looking like a confident crew, coming off a so-so win. Myers being hurt, unlike the JVR injury, is going to have an impact

The trap is set

23 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Wow!  Unsweet iced tea got me REPORTED.  You get a song.  I thought I was in better standing around here...😕

You have to know your audience

I thought the flyers hit a wall in the 3rd and were out of gas. These were 2 evenly matched teams. It was essentially a playoff game, and someone has to win. I personally feel more at ease the the Flyers would not get run out of the building if the play boston in the PO

Flyers were a bit out of sync. I thought hayes and Jake were fighting the puck. Hart was stellar. The 2nd goal was luck

Ghost was transparent 

It was kind of like the Sabres game in reverse.  We dominate, they have a goalie stand on his head and win.  Don’t count the Flyers out in a 7 game series with the B’s I think they would have their hands full with us.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

It was kind of like the Sabres game in reverse.  We dominate, they have a goalie stand on his head and win.  Don’t count the Flyers out in a 7 game series with the B’s I think they would have their hands full with us.

Well luckily right now they are matched up with the Penguins.

I think I would prefer that matchup for the first round.

With the return to the divisional system we wouldn’t get the B’s till the Semi-finals (provided we stay out of the wild card).

i think we can give the Pens, Caps, and Bruins a run for their money personally.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

With the return to the divisional system we wouldn’t get the B’s till the Semi-finals (provided we stay out of the wild card).

i think we can give the Pens, Caps, and Bruins a run for their money personally.

I agree.

I was reading the Bruins were without Krug and Carlo sure.

But the Flyers were missing Lindblom, JVR, Patrick and Myers in the lineup too?

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Ah, no big deal. We were overdue for a loss. We were overdue for a home loss. So was Hart. And it was unlikely we were going to sweep the Bruins in the season series. The stars aligned and Rask stole the show. 

Reboot.

• Like 3