Game 69: Bruins at Flyers; 3/10/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

Both teams played sloppy.  Choppy game all around.  Could have went either way.   Flyers definitely weren't playing on all cylinders.  

Gonna be tough to get back going on Thursday.  Might have to wait for the weekend. 

31 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Both teams played sloppy.  Choppy game all around.  Could have went either way.   Flyers definitely weren't playing on all cylinders.  

Gonna be tough to get back going on Thursday.  Might have to wait for the weekend. 

Well see Tampa just lost last night too to the Leafs 2-1.

They are 3-6-1 over their last 10.

So it should be a good game.

This is where the rubber meets the road. Flyers had a great streak and were peaking. If they just take the loss in stride and get back to winning, it will show they are a legit team for the playoffs. A loss here or there, surrounded by two, three a four game win streaks is what thye need coming down the stretch. If we have a 7, 8 or 9 game losing streak, as we have come to enjoy with past lineups, it will SRO on the side of the bridge

• Like 2

**** Tampa, both games this year were close. 

They don't have ol' slew foot Stevie and that hurts.

I don't sweat those douches- I know this team doesn't either. 

They know they could have won each of those games. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Definitely outskating the Bruins ... Rask bailing out his team....

Flyers owned everything but the scoreboard tonight. Rask had the game I expected him to have after his last stinker.

Edited by flyerrod

I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw I think the video will be valuable for learning purposes.  Despite the outcome, it should give the boys confidence that they can hang with a team like the Bruins.

More importantly, it shows what good teams like the Bruins do well. If I had to reduce it to one thing it would be: puck support and puck pressure (which are the same thing really).  To a man, they support the puck incredibly well and when they don't have it they systematically hound it, with perfect angles and active sticks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

To a man, they support the puck incredibly well and when they don't have it they systematically hound it, with perfect angles and active sticks.

In the third period they (The Bruins )played with more confidence.

the Flyers were running them through for much of that game, Rask was really, very good. 

The PP goal after the 2 on 1 really buoyed the Bruins play.  They seemed to get a lot more sticks on pucks in their defensive zone in the 3rd...whether that was the Flyers lost some crispness or they just took better angles. The third period was very competitive with the B's having a slight edge in quality of play.

I think the Flyers are just as good as the Bruins. 

I don't think it's crazy or a stretch to type that, the Bruins have been "doing it" for a while the Flyers have just risen to their level.

This would be a dynamite playoff series, fast and physical without a lot of ********. It was a very entertaining hockey game with an unjust result. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Despite the outcome, it should give the boys confidence that they can hang with a team like the Bruins.

They should already know that didn't they beat them the previous 3 meetings this year or do I have brain rot?

But yeah i get what you're saying and we knew it was bound to happen no way they were winning out.

But i think we can all agree this is the way to lose if you're going to lose.

To a good team.

Not a Devils or a Kings team.

I didn't watch the game only the highlights and it looked like they skated and hung with them pretty well.

I didn't see the faceoff stats to know how that went.

But they can start a new winning streak vs the Bolts.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoachX said:

you really need to get over yourself with this NAK obsession

He has excelled with everything they have done with him.

You sir need to get over your hate of NAK.

I know it bothers you that I told he was going to be a good player and he has been.

It's all good I know ya like him just hate saying it.

Now back to the escalator with you...

I have now changed my position regarding him. If he is on the roster at the start of next season, I will consider him a bonafide NHL'r. If it wasn't for all the injuries, he may have sent back down

and he still has to change his jersey number

21 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Right. And Frost is in the AHL. So you are advocating moving NAK there

i love this post

Nice try,  I mean for next season in the NHL. Patrick is not coming back, if he does make him  right wing to eventually replace Jake.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nate Thompson is out two weeks with a sprained left knee so the Flyers recalled Connor Bunnaman.

Probably not a major issue for the regular season, but would prefer Thompson to Bunnaman in the POs.  Sounds like he should be back by then.

Didn't see the game, but by most accounts it seems Rask was the difference maker.  Really interested to see how they respond against TB.  

Also, just as this team is generating more fan interest than it has had in the recent past and the building is starting to come alive, fans are being told by the Philly government to avoid going to games due to COVID-19.  I know there are much more serious concerns about the virus, but it's a shame for the Flyers and fanbase.  Full disclosure: I have tickets for the 29th against the Pens and was planning on taking my son to his first of the season (had conflicts for each of our two previous games).  Looks like this will be the third game we miss this year.  Might be the first time in my life that I haven't attended a regular season game in Philly (we did see them in NJ this year).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vis said:

Probably not a major issue for the regular season, but would prefer Thompson to Bunnaman in the POs.  Sounds like he should be back by then.

Count me as a Nate Thompson fan. 

Dude is relentless, seems to have found his game and fit with this group pretty quickly. Same with Grant.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Count me as a Nate Thompson fan. 

Dude is relentless, seems to have found his game and fit with this group pretty quickly. Same with Grant.

Think they are both PO-type players.  This team needed some grit on the lower lines.  I feel like Bunnaman/Frost etc. would not be able to handle PO hockey.