The NHL's Plan for Coronavirus? Will it Ruin the Playoffs?

WordsOfWisdom

Just now, pilldoc said:

Exactly!  That is why my entire family gets the flu shot.  We actually know someone from our church whose son cannot get the Flu Shot because of a host of medical issues and sadly it has taken him 4 weeks to recover from not one but tow bouts of the flu because of others around him not being vaccinated.

BTW ....great example you listed above. Thanks.

I don't know what it is with the modern idea that vaccinations are just not that important. It's the SOLE reason we're not all dead from the measles or smallpox or a host of other infectious diseases.

The anti-vaxxer movement is a strange one, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Can doctors/nurses stay home?  Can police stay home?

Just FYI ...the hospital I work at it is mandated that medical healthcare professionals get the flu shot each year.  This also includes first responders (fire/police/etc...)  Those who cannot get the flu shot due to medical reasons must wear a mask at work during the peak of flu season.  This is an industry standard across the US.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Cool. That's quite a difference.  :) 

That's the sort of difference that will give our front line workers a better chance to help the rest of us through this pandemic. Perhaps you've heard folks on the news talk about how 70-80% of us will come down with this and think "Well, I might as well do what I do, then" but right now, it's all about delaying infections and flattening the curve.

They can't help us if we don't help them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

The anti-vaxxer movement is a strange one, isn't it?

all because of one doctor in Britain ..... (sigh)

really it comes down to anti-vaxxers being incredibly selfish and only thinking about themselves instead of looking out for what is good for society ..... oh and internet mis-information doesn't help matters either .....

• Like 3

Here's my final word on this:

In order to flatten the curve, we have to do the necessary things before they seem necessary.

This is contrary to how we normally live our lives, which is why it's legitimately hard for people to really grasp and why those advising it can seem alarmist. It's actually how public health prevention measures have to work though. 

• Like 4