Season suspended

CoachX

4 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I’m kind of glad this happened for my Wild. Right now they are out of the Playoffs. Maybe that will finally send a message to Fan Boy #1 that building around Parise, Suter, and Koivu didn’t work...

Yeah. Exactly. 

So that kind of thing can be discussed in a general for thread (or here) but would probably have a different tone or exchange of opinions with a largely Wild-fan audience. 

But for a Leafs fan on here it's difficult because most Leafs fans are not on here. They're in their lawn chairs saving their spots on the parade route. 

Edited by ruxpin

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah. Exactly. 

So that kind of thing can be discussed in a general for thread (or here) but would probably have a different tone or exchange of opinions with a largely Wild-fan audience. 

But for a Leafs fan on here it's difficult because most Leafs fans are not on here. They're in their lawn chairs saving their spots on the parade route. 

So if Canada banned meetings of more than 100 people, would there still be a parade route?

Just now, IllaZilla said:

So if Canada banned meetings of more than 100 people, would there still be a parade route?

Yes. 

But if the same happened in Florida, there'd be no change at all if Tampa won.  They'd have the "full" parade they had last time. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

We should just go down to the HHOF, grab the Stanley Cup, and parade it around anyway.  Nobody will even notice that it's gone. Technically, we're all winners this season lol! :angel:

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

44 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Sorry for my earlier snappage. :( I just didn't like being called an idiot and a pet-peeve of mine is when people create topics of general forum interest in the Flyers section because it totally ignores the rest of us. This forum really needs representation from other teams too.  :) 

You don't owe me an apology. I have very thick skin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think Disney already made that decision for you...

No smart ass taken, Disney has only closed until end of March. There is just so much sketchy information about this virus. 

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

There is just so much sketchy information about this virus. 

CDC.gov.....(if you "trust" the government that is ;)

(this is a HUGE problem in our society right now. People's inability to find sound scientific or medical information from trained professionals...like doctors and pH.D scientists and such. STOP GETTING YOUR INFORMATION FROM FACEBOOK PEOPLE!!!!)

(That was not "aimed" at you fly4ever! good luck making your decisions.)

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

14 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

So with all the expert advice I'm getting on this website, I am booked for 2 weeks in Orlando April 5, 3 grandkids, Disney, Universal, beach. Should we go or postpone?

If you've got grand-kids, I'm guessing you are over 60 which makes you the hardest hit age group.  Assuming this isn't a last hurrah for you for any medical reason, postponing would be my choice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

CDC.gov.....(if you "trust" the government that is ;)

(this is a HUGE problem in our society right now. People's inability to find sound scientific or medical information from trained professionals...like doctors and pH.D scientists and such. STOP GETTING YOUR INFORMATION FROM FACEBOOK PEOPLE!!!!)

(That was not "aimed" at you fly4ever! good luck making your decisions.)

I would also add look for other reputable medical sites such as the Mayo Clinic https://www.mayoclinic.org/

or Johns Hopkins https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/

Currently, the CDC has not been able to separate itself from the  Trump administration with regard to it's leadership role on this outbreak.

Dr. Robert Redfeld is a Trump appointee with a so-so resume' for this position. (His work has centered around HIV/AIDS and addiction) He has been in the news for his controversial views about medicine and faith with regards to HIV/AIDS in the 90s.

He may not be the best gatekeeper of information especially of information that may imply the executive branch is doing a poor job.

@flyer4ever

Went with my family to Disney in December we used the my disney experience app to book dining and view wait times.

The app was updated frequently, and provided information on each of the parks and what was going on. This may be a good resource to keep you updated.

Here's a link to where you can find it. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ the MDE sign up is at the top of the page on the far right.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

So what happens now? For the Flyers this is an opportunity. Assuming the league resumes and there are play offs, this time benefits them. Myers and Thompson can heal. Hart and Elliott can rest, and we know there is always a mystery injury that not reported in Flyerland, that is the cause for some player's poor performance. I don't know if the stoppage halting their momentum will have a negative effect or not, but that would be my biggest worry

I read that the playoffs, if they happen, can extend into July, and possibly impact off season events. That would be interesting.

A question on my mind, if the season is cancelled, what moves do the Flyers make in the off season based on how the team was playing at the time of stoppage?

I personally don't think there are any moves to make right now.   Hopefully Lindblom and Patrick get healthy.   Maybe if they have insight into that, maybe you can trade for a top 6 winger some how?  JVR is either 3rd line, expansion or trade.  

Other than that, status quo...... from quarantine 

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

So what happens now?

That is my biggest question at what point do they decide that life goes on??

What type of marker do they use to say it's safe now to return to life as usual??

So i wonder if they would come back and finish the playoffs or just start right now and go straight into the playoffs.

Good thing the Flyers are sitting in the 2nd metro spot....for when they decide what they will do.

Either decision the Flyers should be fine.

If they were to decide to just start the playoffs then this wouldn't be good for the Isles who sit in the 9th spot but have played two less games than the Blue Jackets.

Out west the Canucks and Wild would be out.  So really waiting to see what they decide.

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So i wonder if they would come back and finish the playoffs or just start right now and go straight into the playoffs.

Good thing the Flyers are sitting in the 2nd metro spot....for when they decide what they will do.

Either decision the Flyers should be fine.

If they were to decide to just start the playoffs then this wouldn't be good for the Isles who sit in the 9th spot but have played two less games than the Blue Jackets.

Out west the Canucks and Wild would be out.  So really waiting to see what they decide.

Depending when the NHL comes back I would think Bettman would have to decide on if it's going to be 70 game or 72 game season and the teams that haven't reached that mark and are on the playoff bubble would have to play the games to get to those game totals. Since teams haven't played the same amount games I assume they'd have to do something like that to make it fair for all teams in playoff contention or just on the outside looking in.

1 minute ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Depending when the NHL comes back I would think Bettman would have to decide on if it's going to be 70 game or 72 game season and the teams that haven't reached that mark and are on the playoff bubble would have to play the games to get to those game totals. Since teams haven't played the same amount games I assume they'd have to do something like that to make it fair for all teams in playoff contention or just on the outside looking in.

I found this too not sure how much true info is really here at this point...

https://thehockeywriters.com/coronavirus-nhl-playoffs-flyers-impact/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheHockeyWriters+(The+Hockey+Writers)

based on the article, the pct points idea sounds fair.

if not that, I would think they set a format where all teams play the same number of games. If you take this route, how do you accomplish this? Do you just have the team with a lower number of games played finish up while the other teams just sit and wait? im not sure that is fair because it would be like giving those teams tune up games going into the playoffs. but then again, these could be crucial games that knock them out of the PO picture,making it a moot point.

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

based on the article, the pct points idea sounds fair.

if not that, I would think they set a format where all teams play the same number of games. If you take this route, how do you accomplish this? Do you just have the team with a lower number of games played finish up while the other teams just sit and wait? im not sure that is fair because it would be like giving those teams tune up games going into the playoffs. but then again, these could be crucial games that knock them out of the PO picture,making it a moot point.

It's a slippery slope and sounds like someone will BE getting screwed....

Edited by OccamsRazor
reword my reply

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is my biggest question at what point do they decide that life goes on??

What type of marker do they use to say it's safe now to return to life as usual??

I think there will be a decline in upper respiratory infections reported @ doctor's offices.

I don't know about the test kits and all that. 

We'll see a spike in people getting sick. Then we'll see those numbers decline.

Edited by mojo1917

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I think there will be a decline in upper respiratory infections reported a doctor's offices.

I don't know about the test kits and all that. 

We'll see a spike in people getting sick. Then we'll see those numbers decline.

Sure but who/how do they decide on what is an acceptable amount to move forward?

Roll the dice?

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but who/how do they decide on what is an acceptable amount to move forward?

Roll the dice?

I think,  state governments might be in the lead on this. 

So the PA dept of Health and Human services would begin to issue guidance for schools and institutions etcetera

Sadly there is not much information coming from the national level.

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I think,  state governments might be in the lead on this. 

So the PA dept of Health and Human services would begin to issue guidance for schools and institutions etcetera

Sadly there is not much information coming from the national level.

Let's hope someone will because if they guess wrong someone is going to have to be the scapegoat....

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

When the curve flattens. Two pictures for you: Italy vs South Korea below. Very different trajectories. South Korea appears to have it under control, Italy does not. Stories coming out of Italy, at the hospital level, are not good. They recorded 250+ more deaths today. There will be more, lots more.