You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

mojo1917

Damn I miss hockey

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Heck, I wouldn't even mind watching JvR take his stick for a skate.

Matthews scored 55 goals.  #Leafs50GoalClub  :ph34r:

• Like 1

The Carona Crisis (or whatever) took hockey and just about everything else by storm.  This will be a strange season with an asterisk...no strike, but disease shortened.

It will make every GM's assessment of future personnel calls a lot harder to make. But relative to sickness, death, and economic chaos...the NHL and its product seem a bit trivial.  Hopefully, next fall brings back hockey...and no 2nd wave of the Carona.

I hope the gang here is OK.  These are stressful times. 

Sincerely,

Howie

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

The Carona Crisis (or whatever) took hockey and just about everything else by storm.  This will be a strange season with an asterisk...no strike, but disease shortened.

It will make every GM's assessment of future personnel calls a lot harder to make. But relative to sickness, death, and economic chaos...the NHL and its product seem a bit trivial.  Hopefully, next fall brings back hockey...and no 2nd wave of the Carona.

I hope the gang here is OK.  These are stressful times. 

Sincerely,

Howie

We are OK Howie. Finally, I started to write after the interval of unhealthy break.  Fortunately, storm is not a catastrophe. Optimistically believing, hockey will come back with no a 2nd wave of the Corona this fall.  

Sincerely, Alex

• Like 1

To think that with bad luck I might up end up in Intensive Care and then become an ex-parrot without ever seeing hockey again. I think this Covid-19 sucks.

• Like 1

@lynxrattle

to anyone paying attention COVID-19 is scary as hell.

I hope you haven't come into contact with it.

In no way would I trade hockey for lives, I just miss it. 

• Like 1

My wife told of two students of hers, one a tested Coronavirus patient, the other a non-tested one. The other told her that he expects the recovery to take weeks, if not months. The other told his sickness took 4 days of feeling ok at times and then having muscle pains where one would have wanted to take morphine to endure them. Even the milder cases sound pretty horrible.

They should arrange for an E-sports hockey tournament. That would make it nicer to endure this quarantine (I live in an area in Finland, that is now shut out from the rest of the country, to help slow down the spread of the disease).

• Like 2

Opening day next season (whenever that is), will seem more significant and exciting than before.   FYI, I read one proposal that had our current season reboot in the summer, end in October after award of Cup, with the '20-'21 season starting in November.  That would end in the usual time frame, but there would be many back-to-backs and no bye weeks.  Candidly, I don't see a reboot.  Starting the season around American Thanksgiving seems a tad strange.  It worry for the players--Recycling after a month.  Yikes.