Is Lavi the Problem?

Guest The Quigster

The Flyers are regressing,Bobbo gets hung out to dry,Giroux is becoming the new enforcer,nobody on the Flyers doing anything remotely physical,and Lavi out coached to the point of embarrasment. Its looking like the guys are tired of Lavi's BS and his inept system. The Flyer's game fails at the most fundamental level,nothing works,the players take the heat. I watched a little of the Rangers/Pens game and noticed how hard the Pens worked,played physical,made the best of what they had,and beat the Rangers. It was nice to see hockey played high speed and upscale,something missing with the Flyer's game.

@

I think you need to wait for a few wins then re-evaluate the situation. In other words, step away from the ledge dude!

Lavy is fine, the system is fine. The Islanders have been playing us hard this year, the Flyers waited till 10 minutes left in the 3rd to respond, that is not a coaching thing. These games happen.

You do know we are among the top in the league in scoring, right? Or that we lead the lead with rookie scoring, right? Or that Bryzgalov has been shitting the bed of late, or that Pronger is hurt? I think that the team is buying in Lavy's system and that he is doing a great job with what he has to work with.

Would you rather have John Stevens? Craig Ramsey? Ken Hitchcock? Bill Barber? Seriously, the fire everybody logic after a loss is kind of old.

The Flyers are regressing,Bobbo gets hung out to dry,Giroux is becoming the new enforcer,nobody on the Flyers doing anything remotely physical,and Lavi out coached to the point of embarrasment. Its looking like the guys are tired of Lavi's BS and his inept system. The Flyer's game fails at the most fundamental level,nothing works,the players take the heat. I watched a little of the Rangers/Pens game and noticed how hard the Pens worked,played physical,made the best of what they had,and beat the Rangers. It was nice to see hockey played high speed and upscale,something missing with the Flyer's game.

I don't think it's Lavi at all. I stand by my assertion that the team needs a physical defenseman. While they might not have stopped the shootout fest last night ultimately it will help.

@quigly46

Buddy it's not 1976 anymore, you want the flyers to waterski behind skaters the way fonzi's guys do? There would be a constant parade to the box if guys in orange sweaters played that way...

Full disclosure I didn't see the game last night so I don't know truly how bad it was, bundy and co on the radio were disappointed though.

We get it, you haven't liked the coach since I've been on the board (end of Hitchcock ). The Isles are playing some good ball lately they smoked the wings, should have beaten us in the mausoleum last week.

There is size up and down the line up, and there is no shortage of speed either, the game has changed it can be debated for good or not, but to constantly complain about a coach that wants his guys to play hard but avoid penalties after each loss leads me to believe you're not oriented to day date and year...

Edited by mojo1917

Lavi is the problem... soft style of play, doesn't care if defenseman who don't finsih their checks, continues to mix up the lines clearly shows signs of desperation, does nothing to spark the team other than make those dumb, frustration faces behind the bench... ie inserts Shelley into the lineup, gives him 4 minutes of ice time, why even bother?

The Rangers are in first because they play "team tough"... the Flyers don't. Get someone behind the bench to light a fire under Bryz's butt and you will see the real Bryz shine.

Edited by KnucklesNilan

When you have a goaltender like Lundqvist, Fleury, it is a little easier to play with that kind of tempo. And the "Giroux is becomming the new enforcer" comment is nothing but hyperbole of the tallest order. It has zero to do with the team problems. Giroux is a frustrated player, pure and simple. Using your logic there, I guess Briere is a bruiser now, too?

It's not the coach, at least not entirely. There are players that are excelling in this system (Read, Couturier, Simmonds, Hartnell, to name a few). If anything you might fault Lavy for not breaking up the top line -- they've been struggling for 10 games now, it is time to put some new blood together.

If anything, what you are pointing out is a lack of team leadership, not the coach.

When you have a goaltender like Lundqvist, Fleury, it is a little easier to play with that kind of tempo. And the "Giroux is becomming the new enforcer" comment is nothing but hyperbole of the tallest order. It has zero to do with the team problems. Giroux is a frustrated player, pure and simple. Using your logic there, I guess Briere is a bruiser now, too?

It's not the coach, at least not entirely. There are players that are excelling in this system (Read, Couturier, Simmonds, Hartnell, to name a few). If anything you might fault Lavy for not breaking up the top line -- they've been struggling for 10 games now, it is time to put some new blood together.

If anything, what you are pointing out is a lack of team leadership, not the coach.

Maybe it is time the Flyers revisit the "who should wear the C " thing. I am guessing that quig46 either did not watch the Wild game or just ignored it because it did not support his accusations. They looked like 2 completely different teams and as much as it pains me to say this, the Isles are way better than their record shows. It will be a good test of fortitude this weekend to see if they can right the ship.

Lavy is not the problem stop blaiming the coach for once. Hold the players accoutable. His system is high risk high reward. In that system it makes or should make everyone skate hard. Lavy can't contol the players from being lazy or making bad passes. The players need to step it the f up. Otherwise the bruins will win 15-0 if the flyers play like they did vs the isles.

This squad is all finesse and has lost it's physical edge it use to maintain on other clubs. That is what is needed come playoff time the physicality goes up and our forwards shrink. Briere doesn't give it he's all till playoff time...that hurts too.

what a drag. I was hoping this thread would've been about Lavy's style, how it's similar in some ways to what Babcock wants (and gets) from the Wings, maybe get into what Lavy's weaknesses are - or seem to be (goalie management? defending faster teams? the blue line in general?) .... Lavy's obvious strengths and how this year's crop of rookies has made his job easier... ya know like that.

I guess with a title like "Is Lavi the problem?" I should've known better.

yeah the Flyers suck alright. That game last night - that was the "real" Flyers - obviously. The previous game? Means nothing. So we won. Big deal. It was against a slumping team missing their best player. Yeah for sure the Islanders showed us what this Flyers' team is really made of - soft, slow, uninspired players, led by a HC who should probably be someone's assistant somewhere (at best). Thank goodness you got to see "a little" of the Pens/Rags game...

Giroux is the closet thing to a Captain right now and that is part of the fight thing. Also he is not happy with his play and will do just about anything to help the team. JMO