To Red Wings Fans

7 hours ago, notfondajane said:

To all Wings Fans, be safe and healthy. See everyone when hockey start again.

Right back atcha big guy. Just hunkering down waiting it out. Kind of like this past hockey season as a Wings fan, lol. Hope this virus comes up as short as the Wings did.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

Right back atcha big guy. Just hunkering down waiting it out. Kind of like this past hockey season as a Wings fan, lol. Hope this virus comes up as short as the Wings did.

I'm basically doing the same thing. I'm going out only when necessary. 

I can't wait to see the Wings and Pens on top of their game. I always enjoyed this match up.

• Like 1

The NHL was/ is going to put the Seattle franchise in the Pacific Division while moving Vegas to the Central Division with Colorado.

I was thinking, would it be better if the NHL went to an eight division of four teams? 

Each team would play their division rivals 6 times each. Then play the remaining 3 divisions of 4, 4 times each. Then to round out an 82 game schedule each team would play 1, 4 team division 4 times each. Rotating this division similar to the NFL. 

I'm also curious if a Northern/ Southern Conferences would work instead of East/ West ? 

On 4/7/2020 at 1:57 AM, notfondajane said:

The NHL was/ is going to put the Seattle franchise in the Pacific Division while moving Vegas to the Central Division with Colorado.

Makes sense.  :) 

I was thinking, would it be better if the NHL went to an eight division of four teams? 

The trouble with too many divisions is that you get weak divisions.  How do you select playoff teams? Top 2 in each division are in? #1 in each division is in + 4 wild cards? What happens if one entire division makes the playoffs?  :( 

I'm also curious if a Northern/ Southern Conferences would work instead of East/ West ? 

The East/West is for the time zone difference and cutting down on travel.  I think you could have north/south divisions within an east/west conference system.  :) 

6 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Makes sense.  :) 

The trouble with too many divisions is that you get weak divisions.  How do you select playoff teams? Top 2 in each division are in? #1 in each division is in + 4 wild cards? What happens if one entire division makes the playoffs?  :( 

The East/West is for the time zone difference and cutting down on travel.  I think you could have north/south divisions within an east/west conference system.  :) 

I was thinking about rivalries with 4 division plus 1from the other conference. 

Playoffs would be similar to the NBA, top 8 teams. A team could win their division and still miss the playoffs. If a whole division makes the playoffs, so be it! I would want the best teams there.

Have North/ South Conference fans would see teams from the opposite coast more often than once a year. I do understand your point Word.