Bourbon- yum

mojo1917

Actually, I thought that was funny, but I have really been enjoying 

Blackback Straight bourbon whiskey from Silverback Distillery

https://www.sbdistillery.com/spirits

A thing I've been really enjoying is craft distilling and the cocktails that are available in the tasting rooms.

The PA tasting room for Silverback is at the East Stroudsburg Airport, and the people are great and the drinks are really good.

What has been your "Go to" spirit during the quarantine ?

A variety of bourbons (straight: Maker's Mark, Four Roses, Old Forester; mixes: Jim Beam Bonded, Evan Williams BIB; there are others...) and occasionally

Bluecoat Gin (which is awesome)

Fabers Gin (for mixing)

Both are out of PA

Laphroaig when the going gets tough

Also, just finished my latest batch of housemade, hand-crafted, artisinal, small batch simple syrup (for mixing)

• Like 2

@radoran

speaking of gins, the Strange Monkey Gin from Silverback is the best Gin I've ever had.

I am not fond of Gin in the traditional sense I've tried Beefeater and Bombay... and haven't felt the need to acquire the taste for Juniper shrubs.

The Strange Monkey has more of a floral (maybe lavender) thing with a little citrusy zing at the end. 

plus the bottle looks really cool on the liquor shelf.

smonkey.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@radoran

speaking of gins, the Strange Monkey Gin from Silverback is the best Gin I've ever had.

I am not fond of Gin in the traditional sense I've tried Beefeater and Bombay... and haven't felt the need to acquire the taste for Juniper shrubs.

The Strange Monkey has more of a floral (maybe lavender) thing with a little citrusy zing at the end. 

I've seen the ads for Silverback on teh Facebooks, but have not tried any of their product.

Really, really fond of Bluecoat, which is a "dry" gin in the traditional sense but not overwhelmingly juniper-y. I generally mix the Faber's into a gimlet and have the bluecoat straight or on the rocks.

Also from PA, I've got a bottle of 8 Oaks gin from a distillery visit which I recall liking but haven't yet opened.

From the Hudson Bourbon people, I have a Half Moon gin distilled from wheat and apples which is quite nice.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, radoran said:

Also from PA, I've got a bottle of 8 Oaks gin from a distillery visit which I recall liking but haven't yet opened.

We bought a bottle of their vodka  it is pretty decent. They had/have a stand at our farmer's market and the lady who runs it is really nice,

we're fans of 8 Oaks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@radoran

smonkey.png

I'm not much for gin but a buddy of mine swears this is the best he's had. It's certainly not "gineric".  :lol:

https://ungavaco.com/en/products/ungava-gin/

• Like 1