Defense

NAK-NAK

NAK-NAK

NAK-NAK

Goalies

NAK

NAK

What cha think? The Cup is theirs!!!

i think he would be their leading scorer and MVP, and I would have no more arguments

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

i think he would be their leading scorer and MVP, and I would have no more arguments

The champagne in the Cup, will also be Kubel. Yes, I know it's Korbel and I don't care.

Edited by FD19372

Flyers on TV in December!

As we are starving for watching our Flyers in action, now we can see some games.

Gathered from a number of sources - - - 

The 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Tournament (2020-21) schedule is from December 25, 2020 to January 5th, 2021. 

Our Flyers could have as many as five prospects playing in this tourney:

Team USA
- Cam York (D) (returning from last year’s Team USA roster)
- Bobby Brink (RW) (returning from last year’s Team USA roster)

Team Canada
- Tyson Foerster (RW) (in Team Canada’s selection camp - good chance)
- Mason Millman (D) (in Team Canada’s selection camp - long shot)

Team Sweden
- Emil Andrae (D) (in Camp - good chance to make team)

It's the world’s top Ice Hockey youngsters that will battle it out from the right to be called the best in the world.

Canada will be the host in the bubble in Edmonton. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be hosted behind closed doors with no spectators admitted for any game.

The United States National Team are clear favorites to win the tournament. They’re expected to once again be crowned IIHF World Junior Champions with the Gold Medal. For some, the World Juniors competition is even more exciting than the Winter Olympics 2021.

Want to see the Flyers dynamic defenceman Cam York and the goal scoring machine with the big shot - Tyson Foerster - in action?

The games will be on TV - - some on the NHL Network in the US and all games on TSN in Canada.

The Groups:

POOL A                      POOL B
Canada (CAN)      United States (USA)
Finland (FIN)         Russia (RUS)
Switzerland (SUI)  Sweden (SWE)
Slovakia (SVK)       Czech Republic (CZE)
Germany                  Austria

NHL Network TV covering Team USA and Playoffs:

DATE, OPPONENT, TIME (LOCAL/ET), BROADCAST

Sun., Dec 20, vs Switzerland, Exhibition, 4:00pm/6:00pm, NHL Network
Tues., Dec 22, vs Finland, Exhibition, 4:00pm/6:00pm, NHL Network
Fri., Dec. 25, vs Russia, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Sat., Dec. 26, vs Austria, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Tues., Dec. 29, vs Czech Republic, Preliminary, 12pm/2:00pm, NHL Network
Thurs., Dec. 31, vs Sweden, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Sat., Jan. 2, Quarterfinals, NHL Network
10:00am/12:00pm
1:30pm/4:30pm    
5:00pm/7:00pm    
8:30pm/10:30pm    
Mon., Jan. 4, Semifinals, , NHL Network
4:00pm/6:00pm
7:30pm/9:30pm    
Tues., Jan. 5, Bronze Medal Game, 3:30pm/5:30pm, NHL Network
Tues., Jan. 5,Gold Medal Game, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network

Here in Central Pennsylvania, I can subscribe to the NHL Network for $10/month. Well worth $10. Hope you all can get the NHL Network TV channel.

Go Team USA and Flyers' Cam York and Bobby Brink.

Cam York (D)
SCOUTING REPORT
An excellent skater with a very smooth stride, he is adept at joining the rush and putting up points. He also displays very good hockey sense, and he defends his position rather well. Lacks size and strength, so he needs to add more bulk and get physically stronger for the highest level. His quickness and hockey savvy make him a constant threat in transition. Long Range Potential: Swift-skating, talented defenseman with upside.

Bobby Brink (RW)
SCOUTING REPORT
A quick, shifty forward who is quite heady, he has a deadly shot and excellent hockey sense (he knows where to go to score goals). Despite a lack of size and strength, he goes to the tough areas of the ice willingly in order to score. While his heart is big, and he is both feisty and gritty, he will always have to prove himself against bigger opponents as he climbs the ladder. Long Range Potential: Diminutive but smart, sharpshooting winger with good upside.

Tyson Foerster (RW)
SCOUTING REPORT
Is the type of player who can simply produce points at any level. Shoots the puck with aplomb and goes to the net with gumption. Is a natural finisher with the added benefit of solid playmaking acumen to complement his goal-scoring tendencies. Lacks elite skating ability. Needs to play with distributors to maximize output. Owns a projectable frame but needs to get stronger for the pro game. Is more of an offensive threat than an all-around performer, so point production will be vital for him throughout his career.
Long Range Potential: Talented scoring winger with upside.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 11:37 AM, Zzeke said:

Ah, good point on Lindblom.

What would your guess be on who most likely would be the top 'bounce back / breakout' Flyers player for this 2020-21 season?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_OO2XtyoxeNRwDGNS4TU

I'm hoping it's Patrick...not sure probability of his return.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Forwards

NAK-NAK-NAK

NAK-NAK-NAK

NAK-NAK-NAK

NAK-NAK-NAK

Defense

NAK-NAK

NAK-NAK

NAK-NAK

Goalies

NAK

NAK

What cha think? The Cup is theirs!!!

Hahaha...reminds me of the Bugs Bunny where he plays all the positions

Edited by Cheesesteak
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

• GARY BETTMAN COM, NHL

The NHL hasn't changed its target date yet for the start of the 2020-21 campaign.

That said, with work still to be done before a season can start and the number of COVID cases high, the NHL might end up pushing the start of the season back from its current target date of Jan. 1. This comes after the QMJHL announced that their season would be paused from Dec. 1 through Jan. 3 due to the pandemic. Of course, the QMJHL and NHL's circumstances are different, but it does highlight the present challenges of operating at this time. One source on the players' Return to Play Committee believes that a start date between Jan. 20-Feb. 1 makes more sense at this point, per Pierre LeBrun.

SOURCE: TSN.ca
    Dec 1, 2020, 2:05 PM ET

• This is what we long to see - - 

With the new Flyers 'Reverse Retro Alternate Jersey' being announced this past week, I wonder how we all rank it compared to other Flyers special jerseys.

Which one do we like the most?

FLYERS SPECIAL JERSEYS

1) Flyers 2020 Reverse Retro Alternate Jersey

220939.jpg

2) 2019 Flyers Stadium Series Jersey

UwV-LhLZmLHx0kLD73Rh_aQggflbM4tIuSC2QpLS

3) Flyers 50th Anniversary Gold Jersey

Jake-Voracek-Claude-Giroux.jpg

4) Flyers 2012 Winter Clasic Jersey

Claude+Giroux+2012+Bridgestone+NHL+Winte

5) Flyers 2017 Stadium Series Jersey

jakub-voracek-of-the-philadelphia-flyers

6) Flyers Mid 2000’s 3D Vision Jersey

PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-2000s-CCM-Throwback-

7) Flyers 2012 Winter Classic Jersey

winterclassic2012jersey.jpg

8) Flyers Zzeke Proposed Jersey (Copy Phantoms Black Alternate Jersey)

Substitute Flyers Logo

s-l64.jpg

11.6.19-28.png

Edited by Zzeke

Defenceman Friedman.

(Don't know if this post fits in this 'Flyers 2020-21 Season' thread - or - the 'Phantoms/Prospects info/update' thread.)

Meltzer writes that it seems Ghost will not be traded before the new season starts. And, as GM Fletcher has said that the Phantom's Friedman is ready for the NHL, there would be a log-jam of 8 defencemen at the Flyers

He further writes:

Where does Gostisbehere stand on coaches' Alain Vigneault and Mike Yeo's depth chart ahead of the season? Could the Flyers work both Gostisbehere and recently signed defenseman Erik Gustafsson into the same starting lineup? They don't play quite the same styles but they occupy similar roles in a lineup.

Friedman is RH and plays the right side as does Myers and Braun. Gus is LH but has played mostly, almost exclusively, on the right side which he prefers.

When the 2-week Camp starts, it will be interesting to read/see how AV/Yeo sets the pairs in scrimmages and how the 8 emerge (assuming that the beat writers and the NBCS-P camera crew are permitted to attend under pandemic guidelines).

Fletcher will be mindful of waiver rules. If Friedman somehow makes the 23-man roster, then at some point will be considered to be sent down to the Phantoms, he must clear NHL waivers and would be vulnerable to be taken.

philadelphia-flyers-defenseman-mark-frie 

(This rookie Zzeke asks 'approprite thread?' and also, what does Hidden Content mean? I couldn't find rules and explanations.)

14 hours ago, Zzeke said:

With the new Flyers 'Reverse Retro Alternate Jersey' being announced this past week, I wonder how we all rank it compared to other Flyers special jerseys.

Which one do we like the most?

FLYERS SPECIAL JERSEYS

1) Flyers 2020 Reverse Retro Alternate Jersey

220939.jpg

2) 2019 Flyers Stadium Series Jersey

UwV-LhLZmLHx0kLD73Rh_aQggflbM4tIuSC2QpLS

3) Flyers 50th Anniversary Gold Jersey

Jake-Voracek-Claude-Giroux.jpg

4) Flyers 2012 Winter Clasic Jersey

Claude+Giroux+2012+Bridgestone+NHL+Winte

5) Flyers 2017 Stadium Series Jersey

jakub-voracek-of-the-philadelphia-flyers

6) Flyers Mid 2000’s 3D Vision Jersey

PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-2000s-CCM-Throwback-

7) Flyers 2012 Winter Classic Jersey

winterclassic2012jersey.jpg

8) Flyers Zzeke Proposed Jersey (Copy Phantoms Black Alternate Jersey)

Substitute Flyers Logo

s-l64.jpg

11.6.19-28.png

For me hands down the 2012 Winter Classic sweater is the best of the bunch. It is not close, those colors, the patches. Great look.

Next is the recent 3rd black sweater that debuted during a Winter 'Classic. it's simple but not plain. The Phantom's all blacks looked great too and smack of the Flyers sweater I like. I am not a fan of black sweaters either, but the Flyers organization has gotten these right.

My knee jerk reaction to the reverse retro sweater is blah, gag. Today my reaction is meh. The boys need to always win when they wear them otherwise... not a fan.

The very worst looking sweater IMO is that script orange and black abomination on Richards, it barely beats out the 3d logo which hurts my eyes.

The most blatant we want your money because the team is mediocre award goes to the 50th anniversary sweater with the gold...gah, is that ugly. Not the worst but like it was designed by someone in the Trump organization, all it needs is that bold Times New Roman font and it would truly be fantastic, the best sweater ever...

We see that OR and mojo are Carolina Hurricanes fans.

Yesterday, 'Canes Country' published an article that included this paragaph on Carolina being placed in the potential new Eastern Division:

This division also includes tough matchups in the form of the Bruins, Flyers and Capitals - a trio of teams that could very well capture the top three spots in the division. That’s not even taking into account an Islanders team that has found themselves set up for postseason success in each of Barry Trotz’s first two seasons behind their bench, even if Carolina has largely dominated their head-to-head matchups.

Carolina has a good team, but it seems that Canes fans are worried about our Flyers and others. They would rather be in the potential new Central Division which includes the Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, and Nashville Predators.

It must be tough on OR and mojo if/when the Flyers and Canes are in the same division and play each other more often. Who to root for?

sebastian-aho-of-the-carolina-hurricanes

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

For me hands down the 2012 Winter Classic sweater is the best of the bunch. It is not close, those colors, the patches. Great look.

Next is the recent 3rd black sweater that debuted during a Winter 'Classic. it's simple but not plain. The Phantom's all blacks looked great too and smack of the Flyers sweater I like. I am not a fan of black sweaters either, but the Flyers organization has gotten these right.

My knee jerk reaction to the reverse retro sweater is blah, gag. Today my reaction is meh. The boys need to always win when they wear them otherwise... not a fan.

The very worst looking sweater IMO is that script orange and black abomination on Richards, it barely beats out the 3d logo which hurts my eyes.

The most blatant we want your money because the team is mediocre award goes to the 50th anniversary sweater with the gold...gah, is that ugly. Not the worst but like it was designed by someone in the Trump organization, all it needs is that bold Times New Roman font and it would truly be fantastic, the best sweater ever...

As far as jerseys go...

Go back to the 80s or come up with an entire new option

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

As far as jerseys go...

Go back to the 80s or come up with an entire new option

Do you mean the Mark Howe days of Cooperalls?

wayne-gretzky-of-the-edmonton-oilers-bat

Edited by Zzeke

2 hours ago, Zzeke said:

We see that OR and mojo are Carolina Hurricanes fans.

Yesterday, 'Canes Country' published an article that included this paragaph on Carolina being placed in the potential new Eastern Division:

This division also includes tough matchups in the form of the Bruins, Flyers and Capitals - a trio of teams that could very well capture the top three spots in the division. That’s not even taking into account an Islanders team that has found themselves set up for postseason success in each of Barry Trotz’s first two seasons behind their bench, even if Carolina has largely dominated their head-to-head matchups.

Carolina has a good team, but it seems that Canes fans are worried about our Flyers and others. They would rather be in the potential new Central Division which includes the Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, and Nashville Predators.

It must be tough on OR and mojo if/when the Flyers and Canes are in the same division and play each other more often. Who to root for?

sebastian-aho-of-the-carolina-hurricanes

It's not tough, I root for the Flyers first and always.

When you read my profile and see my second favorite team is the 'canes it simply means I don't hate them with the fire of a million burning suns, it just means- I hate them.

22 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

It's not tough, I root for the Flyers first and always.

When you read my profile and see my second favorite team is the 'canes it simply means I don't hate them with the fire of a million burning suns, it just means- I hate them.

I couldnt bring myself to list a second favorite. I hate every other team and they people who play for them

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, Zzeke said:

Flyers on TV in December!

As we are starving for watching our Flyers in action, now we can see some games.

Gathered from a number of sources - - - 

The 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship Tournament (2020-21) schedule is from December 25, 2020 to January 5th, 2021. 

Our Flyers could have as many as five prospects playing in this tourney:

Team USA
- Cam York (D) (returning from last year’s Team USA roster)
- Bobby Brink (RW) (returning from last year’s Team USA roster)

Team Canada
- Tyson Foerster (RW) (in Team Canada’s selection camp - good chance)
- Mason Millman (D) (in Team Canada’s selection camp - long shot)

Team Sweden
- Emil Andrae (D) (in Camp - good chance to make team)

It's the world’s top Ice Hockey youngsters that will battle it out from the right to be called the best in the world.

Canada will be the host in the bubble in Edmonton. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it will be hosted behind closed doors with no spectators admitted for any game.

The United States National Team are clear favorites to win the tournament. They’re expected to once again be crowned IIHF World Junior Champions with the Gold Medal. For some, the World Juniors competition is even more exciting than the Winter Olympics 2021.

Want to see the Flyers dynamic defenceman Cam York and the goal scoring machine with the big shot - Tyson Foerster - in action?

The games will be on TV - - some on the NHL Network in the US and all games on TSN in Canada.

The Groups:

POOL A                      POOL B
Canada (CAN)      United States (USA)
Finland (FIN)         Russia (RUS)
Switzerland (SUI)  Sweden (SWE)
Slovakia (SVK)       Czech Republic (CZE)
Germany                  Austria

NHL Network TV covering Team USA and Playoffs:

DATE, OPPONENT, TIME (LOCAL/ET), BROADCAST

Sun., Dec 20, vs Switzerland, Exhibition, 4:00pm/6:00pm, NHL Network
Tues., Dec 22, vs Finland, Exhibition, 4:00pm/6:00pm, NHL Network
Fri., Dec. 25, vs Russia, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Sat., Dec. 26, vs Austria, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Tues., Dec. 29, vs Czech Republic, Preliminary, 12pm/2:00pm, NHL Network
Thurs., Dec. 31, vs Sweden, Preliminary, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network
Sat., Jan. 2, Quarterfinals, NHL Network
10:00am/12:00pm
1:30pm/4:30pm    
5:00pm/7:00pm    
8:30pm/10:30pm    
Mon., Jan. 4, Semifinals, , NHL Network
4:00pm/6:00pm
7:30pm/9:30pm    
Tues., Jan. 5, Bronze Medal Game, 3:30pm/5:30pm, NHL Network
Tues., Jan. 5,Gold Medal Game, 7:30pm/9:30pm, NHL Network

Here in Central Pennsylvania, I can subscribe to the NHL Network for $10/month. Well worth $10. Hope you all can get the NHL Network TV channel.

Go Team USA and Flyers' Cam York and Bobby Brink.

Cam York (D)
SCOUTING REPORT
An excellent skater with a very smooth stride, he is adept at joining the rush and putting up points. He also displays very good hockey sense, and he defends his position rather well. Lacks size and strength, so he needs to add more bulk and get physically stronger for the highest level. His quickness and hockey savvy make him a constant threat in transition. Long Range Potential: Swift-skating, talented defenseman with upside.

Bobby Brink (RW)
SCOUTING REPORT
A quick, shifty forward who is quite heady, he has a deadly shot and excellent hockey sense (he knows where to go to score goals). Despite a lack of size and strength, he goes to the tough areas of the ice willingly in order to score. While his heart is big, and he is both feisty and gritty, he will always have to prove himself against bigger opponents as he climbs the ladder. Long Range Potential: Diminutive but smart, sharpshooting winger with good upside.

Tyson Foerster (RW)
SCOUTING REPORT
Is the type of player who can simply produce points at any level. Shoots the puck with aplomb and goes to the net with gumption. Is a natural finisher with the added benefit of solid playmaking acumen to complement his goal-scoring tendencies. Lacks elite skating ability. Needs to play with distributors to maximize output. Owns a projectable frame but needs to get stronger for the pro game. Is more of an offensive threat than an all-around performer, so point production will be vital for him throughout his career.
Long Range Potential: Talented scoring winger with upside.

• Thinking about our Flyers' Tyson Foerster, saw this today - 

Two players in the [Team Canada Selection] camp tested positive on Nov. 23 and as a result, the entire camp has been put into quarantine until Dec. 7.

SOURCE: Edmonton Journal
    Dec 2, 2020, 9:21 AM ET

Tysoninterview1234_1920x1080.jpg

I'm realizing that this series of posts should be in the other thread - - 'Flyers 2020-21 Phantoms/Prospects info/update'.

As a rookie, I don't know how to move it. Can someone steer me, or move them for me? Thx.

•  

While we are on the Flyers' jerseys subject, here is an interesting Jersey and logo.

A top prize for the first poster who identifies this Flyers organization player who is in action now.

Hint - - he is 6' 8". When he plays for our Flyers, he will be the tallest goaltender in NHL history (Ben Bishop is 6' 7").

Kontinental Hockey League: Spartak Moscow vs Traktor Chelyabinsk

Edited by Zzeke

1 hour ago, Zzeke said:

While we are on the Flyers' jerseys subject, here is an interesting Jersey and logo.

A top prize for the first poster who identifies this Flyers organization player who is in action now.

Hint - - he is 6' 8". When he plays for our Flyers, he will be the tallest goaltender in NHL history (Ben Bishop is 6' 7").

Kontinental Hockey League: Spartak Moscow vs Traktor Chelyabinsk

Ivan Fedotov who has a 1.74 gaa (3rd) and a 934% (4th). 8-3-1

• Like 1

OccamsRazor said:

Ivan Fedotov who has a 1.74 gaa (3rd) and a 934% (4th). 8-3-1

Bingo! I've already learned that you know your Flyers stuff big time - - sharp - - including the complete organizational depth.

How would you rank the Flyers goaltending depth?

Carter Hart
Brian Elliott
Kirill Ustimenko
Alex Lyon
Felix Sandstrom
Ivan Fedotov
Samuel Ersson
Matej Tomek
Roddy Ross

Assuming this is the last season for Brian Elliott, who do you think will be the Flyers #2 goalie for the 2021-22 season?

Oh, the top prize? 

You get to preview the new Black Uniforms - - 

Kiersten Helsel of the Philadelphia Flyers ice girls cleans the ice during a timeout against the Washington Capitals on February 22, 2017 at the...

Edited by Zzeke

• Michael Raffl played his first game with the Villacher SV of the ICE Hockey League in Austria on his birthday.

Raffl celebrated his 32nd birthday on Tuesday. Of course his birthday would take place during the NHL season under normal circumstances, so for him to celebrate it in his native Austria is rare. Raffl was born in Villach, so the NHL's 2020-21 campaign being delayed has also allowed him to play for his hometown team for the first time since 2011. That all said, he's had a solid run with the Flyers and it wouldn't be surprising if he seeks to re-sign with Philadelphia once his two-year, $3.2 million contract expires after the 2020-21 campaign. He had eight goals and 20 points in 58 contests last season.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:27 AM ET

•  

10 hours ago, Zzeke said:

Bingo! I've already learned that you know your Flyers stuff big time

What no mention of the other Flyer prospect of who is in the top 10 in the KHL??

I'll give you a hint....he has played the most games in the KHL this year. And he is 15-8-4 2.29 gaa and a 923%.

Know who he is?? He isn't on your list.

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What no mention of the other Flyer prospect of who is in the top 10 in the KHL??

I'll give you a hint....he has played the most games in the KHL this year. And he is 15-8-4 2.29 gaa and a 923%.

Know who he is?? He isn't on your list.

You got me stumped, OR. Had to research.

How about that 32 yo Czech, Jakub Kovar, who is currently playing for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL?

Our Flyers drafted him in 2006.

In 2013, Bill Meltzer wrote:

He [Kovar] was a disappointment in Canadian Jnrs and Czech junior national team, went back home to Extraliga (which has been a mediocre league in recent years), and served an apprenticeship as a backup to Roman Turek. Eventually he became the starter and has become of the top goalies in that league.

No teams in KHL, much less the Flyers or other NHL teams, have been beating Kovar's door to sign him. He's extended his contract with Ceske Budejovice a couple times.

I assume that the Flyers removed him from their NHL 90-player maximum Reserve List.

Do you know his Flyers status?

Good stuff, OR.

I wonder where this jersey is now. (Photo by Getty Images)

1 minute ago, Zzeke said:

Do you know his Flyers status?

They still own his rights.

But i pretty much think he just doesn't want to come over to the US.

Not everyone has the NHL as their highest goal to reach.

Most likely he just wants to stay home and work in the field he loves and is happy making the money he is making.

11 hours ago, Zzeke said:

How would you rank the Flyers goaltending depth?

I have it like this after this upcoming season.

Carter Hart
Kirill Ustimenko
Felix Sandstrom
Ivan Fedotov
Samuel Ersson
Matej Tomek
Roddy Ross

As you noticed i have them moving on from Elliott and Lyon. Nothing to see here really time for a kid to step.

So i have Kirill expected to back Hart up by 2021-22. He will be 22 to start the season and 23 by mid season. So why not??

Guess we'll know more at the conclusion of this season coming up. If there is a season. 

And i can see the Flyers trying to bring one of Ersson or Fedotov over to start the transition of learning on the smaller ice surface that does take some awhile to get use to.

In fact i think that is what Felix is struggling with...there is less time and space out on the ice and the players are much closer to the crease and will fire from anywhere that takes guys time to learn...some pick it up quickly.

What will happen to Felix i feel it is a big year for him if he wants to keep Ustimenko from passing him.