Flyers 2020-21 season

On 12/12/2020 at 2:32 PM, Zzeke said:

Repeat - - 

Flyers trivia question.

In a skills competition, what players from the Flyers' roster of this past season would win -

1) fastest skater?

2) shooting accuracy?

3) hardest shot?

4) breakaway skill?

(The correct answers are documented in an article from June 2020.)

I don't expect anyone to get all 4. Impossible. Especially numbers 1 and 2. If anyone does, he/she will be crowned Flyers HF expert of the year.

In fact, if anyone gets 3 of the 4, it's outstanding, brilliant - - knows our Flyers!

image.jpeg.19ee13e4bf03e1d20daa14f11bd2cd60.jpeg

P25 has guessed:

In a skills competition, what players from the Flyers' roster of this past season would win -

1) fastest skater? TK

2) shooting accuracy? JVR

3) hardest shot? Phil Myers

4) breakaway skill? Giroux

Anyone else want to try?

image.jpeg.04183f8018f73b316456678c5e0a5784.jpeg

@CoachX

Do you want to take a shot at this?

So far, only P25 has played.

11 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

@CoachX

Do you want to take a shot at this?

So far, only P25 has played.

Shootout: Hayes

Accuracy: Giroux

Hardest Shot: Myers

Fastest : I have no idea, so in the spirit of Christmas I will guess NAK

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I don't in this login either.

Well, well, well, I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad you are alive. You're still an assshole, but you're our assshole, so I'm happy to see you here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Shootout: Hayes

Accuracy: Giroux

Hardest Shot: Myers

Fastest : I have no idea, so in the spirit of Christmas I will guess NAK

@CoachX

@Podein25

Ha!

This is going to blow your mind CX.

I was going to wait some more - - after waiting 3 days - - but it seems like only P25, and you, are playing.

P25 got 2 of 4.

CX got 2 of 4.

Correct answers are:

1) fastest skater? Nick Aube-Kubel

2) shooting accuracy? Morgan Frost

3) hardest shot? Phil Myers

4) breakaway skill? Claude Giroux

(The correct answers are documented in an article from June 2020.)

I don't expect anyone to get all 4. Impossible. Especially numbers 1 and 2. If anyone does, he/she will be crowned Flyers HF expert of the year.

In fact, if anyone gets 3 of the 4, it's outstanding, brilliant - - knows our Flyers!

CX got the hardest one - - NAK.

Neither got the second hardest - - Morgan Frost.

Sharp, CX knows his Flyers!👍

Good job P25 with your 2 of 4.

Nicolas Aube-Kubel of the Philadelphia Flyers is defended by Scott Mayfield of the New York Islanders during the second period in Game Six of the...

@CoachX

In this video, you can see how quick NAK is. His acceleration, his ability to change direction so easily, and overall his grit and forechecking is incredible for a player of his stature.

Edited by Zzeke

24 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The good ol days

Imagine if Kerr never got hurt. I think Flyers qin another SC

Yes, the good ol days. Thx.

Tim Kerr. My favorite Flyers player of all time:

1) Kerr

2) Lindros

3) Behn Wilson

Tim Kerr of the Philadelphia Flyers looks for a loose puck during play against the Montreal Canadiens Circa 1980 at the Montreal Forum in Montreal,...

Take note who is in the background in this one:

Mark Laforest and Brad Marsh of the Toronto Maple Leafs skate against Tim Kerr of the Philadelphia Flyers during NHL game action November 4 at Maple...

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Don't encourage him

🤣 you and I both know NAK was a throw away answer. I was just going to agree with your guesses and move on

Maybe this will forever change my opinion of him,  since it benefitted my selfish sensibilities

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Fortunately, people like me were here to tell people to calm down. We literally told the pitchfork and torches crowd that Coots would win the Selke in 5 years (it took him more like 6, but hey who is counting) and people mocked us. They mocked us and called us names. 

Anyway, I friggin love the ginger bastard. 

Ah yes ... I remember those day. A lot of heated debates. I was always defending the Coots pick. Many of those antagonists no longer frequent this forum any longer.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Wow, not bad for a guy who can't skate and who a large number (a majority even?) of Flyer fans on this board considered a bust and a waste of an 8th overall pick. 

Well he and I have won the same amount of Stanley Cups so he has to be a bust when folks compare him to me.

What a turd...

NHL Power Rankings: The top 25 second year players for this season

By Adam Gretz
Pro Hockey Talk
NBC Sports
Dec 14, 2020, 2:29 PM EST

This is not a ranking of the best rookies from a year ago, or even necessarily a list of who will have the best overall career. This is simply a projection as to which rookies from 2019-20 are going to have the best performance this season.

14. Joel Farabee, Philadelphia Flyers. A very strong rookie season and impressive postseason for the Flyers. Farabee has top-line potential and could be in line for a breakout year.

18. Philippe Myers, Philadelphia Flyers. He was one of the Flyers’ most effective defenders a year ago and should get an even bigger role this season following the retirement of Matt Niskanen.

Adam Gretz is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at phtblog@nbcsports.com or follow him on Twitter @AGretz.

Philadelphia Flyers' Joel Farabee beats Bruins goalie Jaroslav Halak with the first goal in the shootout, eventually giving the Flyers a 3-2 win. The...

In the news today - the latest on back-to-play:

Sources: NHL teams to play home games in own buildings this season

By Adrian Dater 
Colorado Hockey Now
December 15, 2020

Mind you, this is not official yet. Nothing with the NHL’s 2020-21 regular season is official yet. But Colorado Hockey Now can report this with good faith:

Even though the likelihood of fans being in the stands is next to zero, NHL teams will play their regular-season home games in their own buildings. The concept of any “hub cities”, like there were in the playoffs, is not on the drawing board anymore, NHL sources tell me. Sources also tell Colorado Hockey Now that the travel will only be to games within a team’s division, however.

[In a schedule with the temporary East Division – expected to be 56 games – our Flyers will play NJD, NYR, NYI, Bos, Buf, Wash, Ptbg.]

The schedule is not set just yet with regard to every opponent. Could there be a special one-off type of game played, say, outdoors, between teams from other divisions or conferences? Sources say that’s still possible.

Because of the new vaccines against the coronavirus, the league feels confident it can execute a regular season in which teams travel from city to city, though the precautions are still expected to be lengthy and formidable. The NHL remains adamant, however, that it will not seek to jump the queue in obtaining vaccinations ahead of others, such as hospital workers, the elderly and first responders.

It is highly unlikely that fans will be in the stands, at least at the start of the regular season, which still has a Jan. 13 target date. Could there  be some fans, though, given that the NFL, MLS and MLB all have allowed a limited number in the building? That question is still essentially on a day-to-day basis. No one really knows what the landscape might look, say, two months from now with regard to the virus.

The league knows it will take another financial hit this season, but feels very optimistic that things will be back to normal for the 2021-22 season.

Philadelphia Flyers' Joel Farabee beats Bruins goalie Jaroslav Halak with the first goal in the shootout, eventually giving the Flyers a 3-2 win. The...

Per Jordan Hall today - 

Instagram post by Alma Lindqvist, Lindblom's girlfriend, shows he has remained cancer-free since his fight culminated with the completion of his radiation treatments in July, when he was deemed without evidence of cancer.

Ten photos - link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI1ptdVl3_s/?utm_source=ig_embed

• 130863976_434367590911196_2146581330287997765_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=larjY4bNl4UAX_hjYgp&tp=1&oh=44dac9d571d611d4254de6442239c619&oe=60032D64
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Reports on the 4 Flyers' players from Sweden:

OR reported that Linus Sandin is leaving Sweden and will arrive at the Flyers Training Facility soon (post above).

Also, Sam Carchidi reported this afternoon - 

Defenseman Robert Hagg and his best friend on the team, left winger Oskar Lindblom, are the latest Flyers to arrive in the area, complete their quarantines, and start working out at the club’s Voorhees practice facility.

They both traveled on separate flights from Sweden, and in the coming days, more teammates are expected to arrive as the start of training camp approaches. The NHL hopes to open camps Jan. 3 and start the season Jan. 13.

Hagg said Lindblom has been “working his butt off” in the offseason to get ready for the season.

The two live about an hour away from each other in Sweden, “but we saw each four or five times this [offseason] and went on some road trips together. It’s been a lot of fun.”

As for Hagg, based on the way he was used over Shayne Gostisbehere in the playoffs, he appears to have a good shot to be in the regular defensive rotation. Hagg, 25, is coming off another quietly efficient season, one in which he had 13 points in 49 games, had a plus-14 rating, and was the Flyers’ most physical defenseman.

The 6-foot-2, 204-pound Hagg led the Flyers in hits (136) and was fourth in blocked shots (79) despite playing in only 49 games.

Hagg, a second-round selection in the 2013 draft, said he is not taking his spot in the lineup for granted.

We have a pretty stacked D corps, and now we have Erik [Gustafsson] here, too. He’s another Swede, so it’s really fun for me.”

In the offseason, Hagg worked out in Sweden with Gustaffson — something they have done during the last two years — and Flyers prospect Linus Sandin, a promising right winger who has been playing in the Swedish Hockey League and is expected to arrive in the area next week.

Hagg called Gutsafason a smooth puck mover and offensive defenseman whose “hockey IQ is on another level.”

Cancer-free Oskar Lindblom, Robert Hagg among latest Flyers to arrive as training camp approaches

Edited by Zzeke

Do we remember Jaromir Jagr?

Played for our Flyers in the 2011-12 season. Played 24 years in the NHL and scored 844 goals.

Jagr's total NHL salary is $128 M.

He is now age 48.

Today's news - 

sp-940jagr-8col.jpg

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Flyers should have signed him [Jagr] when he went off to Dallas.

It was more money than they were prepared to pay obviously, but when you have a bunch of kids in the room, you want an old guy who, on his first day with his new club, says: "I want my own key to the gym."

I'm sorry, but you sign that guy.

I remember that. Yeah, you are right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zzeke said:

Do we remember Jaromir Jagr?

Played for our Flyers in the 2011-12 season. Played 24 years in the NHL and scored 844 goals.

Jagr's total NHL salary is $128 M.

He is now age 48.

Do we remember Jagr? Hell Yeah!!!!  One of the Flyers biggest mistakes was not resigning him.......  Hated him as a Pen (though I respected his talent) BUT loved him as a Flyer!

Had no idea he was still playing in Europe... thanks for the info! :) 

• Like 1