Flyers 2020-21 season

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's not fake. It is a quote folks from the GM.

There were a few I just didn't post them all but this one struck me as odd.

They didn't lose because of the lack of production from the bottom 6. 

Now granted their late season acquisitions Grant and Thompson laid a turd but I have to lay it on the feet of the guys who make all the money and who were supposed to be setting the tone.

I thought they said we lost because of the third and fourh lines? We all know it was the first two lines that cost us the series. So that's why I said it sounded like CNN,.its a blatant lie.

31 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I thought they said we lost because of the third and fourh lines? We all know it was the first two lines that cost us the series. So that's why I said it sounded like CNN,.its a blatant lie.

I know you can read. 

How's about you exercise that skill? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I thought they said we lost because of the third and fourh lines?

Go read the post again he did say the bottom 6.

But there is nothing about it fake, he actually said that.

Sure it was the biggest reason by any means.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Go read the post again he did say the bottom 6.

But there is nothing about it fake, he actually said that.

Sure it was the biggest reason by any means.

I’m not doubting he said it, I am saying it’s fake news because it is a blatantly  false statement that the third and fourth line cost us the series, it was the top two lines lack of scoring that cost us.  Similar to when CNN has the nerve to say with a straight face that, the protests in Portland are peaceful, when they are Burning , Looting and Murdering. Get it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I can always exercise my freedom of speech and tell you to Go F yourself, can you read that?

why sure.

'merica !

There's room for everyone. 

Despite the fact I think your political views are garbage. I still enjoy talking hockey with you.

This current interaction highlights this.

• Like 2

With the flat cap I could see something like this.

Lindblom - Coots - Voracek

Farabee - Hayes - TK

JVR - Laughton - Giroux

Raffl - Frost - NAK

Provorov - Niskanen

Sanheim - Myers

Morin - Friedman

Hart

??????

As much as I want it i can see them not moving any of the guys we want moved. 

Since Chuckles kept saying "13 game small sample size" reading between the lines they think the real Flyers were the team we saw heading down the stretch before the stoppage.

Not the one we saw shat the bed in the "13 game small size" playoffs.

And who knows they may be right.

I could see Thompson, Grant, Pitlick and Braun being shown the door and a possible trade of one or both of Hagg and Ghost.

Or even both brought back.

And the wildcard being Patrick.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

why sure.

'merica !

There's room for everyone. 

Despite the fact I think your political views are garbage. I still enjoy talking hockey with you.

This current interaction highlights this.

I enjoy talking hockey with you too, I understand the truth hurts and in todays overly sensitive climate,.people cannot handle it. I state nothing but facts and common sense. I was also joking about telling you to F yourself. We have no problems.  

• Good Post 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

With the flat cap I could see something like this.

Lindblom - Coots - Voracek

Farabee - Hayes - TK

JVR - Laughton - Giroux

Raffl - Frost - NAK

Provorov - Niskanen

Sanheim - Myers

Morin - Friedman

Hart

??????

As much as I want it i can see them not moving any of the guys we want moved. 

Since Chuckles kept saying "13 game small sample size" reading between the lines they think the real Flyers were the team we saw heading down the stretch before the stoppage.

Not the one we saw shat the bed in the "13 game small size" playoffs.

And who knows they may be right.

I could see Thompson, Grant, Pitlick and Braun being shown the door and a possible trade of one or both of Hagg and Ghost.

Or even both brought back.

And the wildcard being Patrick.

remember our bottom 6 guys he brought in will go to free agency, if he says anything bad about the top 6, the value of the players go down and the reputation of the organization will go down as well. he said he will make trades so im believing it's going to be some or one of the top 6 players.

4 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

remember our bottom 6 guys he brought in will go to free agency

I know it's what I posted. And they should the only one I would maybe contemplate bringing back is Pitlick.

We'll see if he is going to move any of the big guns out. More likely not.

18 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I know you can read. 

How's about you exercise that skill? 

So it seems they are trying him at center first time i have ever seen that. Sounds like it's off to a good start....good ol Johnny appleseed...

. David Kaše ices the game with a minute left. 4-1 to . 2 goals for #Flyers young forward today. After 1g, 1a in last game. Now at: 3g, 2a, 5p in 5 pre-season games at 1C. #Flyers #NHL

@OccamsRazor

I really think these young guys getting their man weight will be helpful in a lot of ways.

Having more strength in their bodies for the battles along the boards will be helpful.

Its not like these guys don't have skill, but they were out muscled. With regards to the big money players, well maybe they need to get into the gym also.

These guys from 2015 on are all really good skaters, the jump in skill throughout the league is pretty amazing. 

Have to find different ways to harness it. 

Thinking about where the Flyers will get some extra offense from for next season....In today’s NHL and especially when your picking late in the first round ,it’s very hard for rookies to come in and make a big impact, as far as scoring goes, even if they spend time in the AHL.  Back in the day , Carter (11) and Gagne (20) both scored around 20 goals in their rookie seasons. They both did their full junior careers and didn’t play in the AHL, except Carter played in AHL playoffs.

The the last big rookie season from a Flyer that I can recall was Renberg scoring 38 in his rookie season, but he was 22 and spent 4 years in the Swedish elite league And before that was Brian Propp, 35 goals and 75 points total, but he was 21. 

So I guess  am hoping that Linus Sandin ,turns into another Renberg for us since he is an older rookie  and played in an elite league. Maybe he can come in and score somewhere between 20-30. If Patrick and Frost can also step in and play and Patrick can score 20 and maybe 15 from Frost , maybe that will help if we can’t acquire a scorer.

@RonJeremy

I don't think the Flyers will deviate from picking the BPA with their first pick.  So I wouldn't expect a shooter with issues but the a ability to get 30 goals.

A full year of Lindblom, not that it can be guaranteed, will be helpful. 

That guy gets greasy goals and is great in the corners. He can set up below the goal line and make plays. 

If he's healthy,  Patrick is a roll out of bed 20 goals. He'll be playing down the line up where he should have an advantage.  

After the playoffs we just watched it might seem dumb to not be worried about scoring. 

I'm not really,  I don't think the top 6 looks the same next year, 

I don't think TK takes a collar in the playoffs ever again, unless he's dead.

Kinda seemed to me like the whole team minus Hayes didn't have any confidence.  That and they never seemed to get used to the ice,  passing was terrible, the whole time.

I'd like to see a dynamic guy brought in somehow,   but think the team will improve regardless. 

27 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@RonJeremy

I don't think the Flyers will deviate from picking the BPA with their first pick.  So I wouldn't expect a shooter with issues but the a ability to get 30 goals.

A full year of Lindblom, not that it can be guaranteed, will be helpful. 

That guy gets greasy goals and is great in the corners. He can set up below the goal line and make plays. 

If he's healthy,  Patrick is a roll out of bed 20 goals. He'll be playing down the line up where he should have an advantage.  

After the playoffs we just watched it might seem dumb to not be worried about scoring. 

I'm not really,  I don't think the top 6 looks the same next year, 

I don't think TK takes a collar in the playoffs ever again, unless he's dead.

Kinda seemed to me like the whole team minus Hayes didn't have any confidence.  That and they never seemed to get used to the ice,  passing was terrible, the whole time.

I'd like to see a dynamic guy brought in somehow,   but think the team will improve regardless. 

If Sandin can be a speedy offensive threat that can be a huge help, I think NAK is a secret weapon, he has some of the best goal scorers instincts on this team,  Patrick is the real key , it helps solidify the third line. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect 20 goals or more each from Patrick, NAK, Lindblom and Sandin.

16 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

If Sandin can be a speedy offensive threat that can be a huge help, I think NAK is a secret weapon, he has some of the best goal scorers instincts on this team

Funny you should say that i was watching Sandin's tape what little i could find on him and his nose around the net combined with NAK's ability to get good shots through traffic on net which we have seen (unfortunately there wasn't any Flyers it seemed this playoff run who was positioned down low to take advantage of his rebounds - which i found very frustrating at the time) these two may be able to combine for some good offensive punch.

Of course hard to really say right now but just cautiously optimistic for the future. Just check Sandin's ability around the net.

Will see if he can be as productive with less space. But if he will at least post up around the net it will be an improvement.

Sushko seems like he too can bring some size and grit to the back end. Here is only one clip but it was vs the Isles.

And Kase should get a good look next camp too.

Who know we all know one thing they need guys who can put the puck in the net.

So i expect with the flat cap Chuckles looks to get some kids in the bottom 6 on cheap deals to start getting experience.

I hope they all work on their strength to do so.

In watching the video, Sandin definitely has the ability to find the puck, even when he seems out of the play, the puck somehow ends up on his stick. How many times do you see the Flyers jam the net and they are in so tight that the rebounds bounce out right past them and right to the defensemen.. Kubel is the ony guy I see who stays a few feet off the net and finds an open spot for a good shot. We usually have three guys in the crease trying to jam the puck in and the goalie has the whole lower net covered.  You arent gonna score that way, you need to hang back a bit be able to roof a rebound  in.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

That Rögle logo... This looks familiar to me but I still can't remember where they took it from. I really don't...

Can't tell if you're joking or not.

It reminds me of the Oilers logo. 

Or University of Louisville

or the III Reich

the oil.jpg

Edited by mojo1917

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

This is a sobering review of the team and its salary cap:

https://southphillyreview.com/2020/09/15/flyers-have-no-cap-room-for-improvement/

The take on Nolan is interesting. He might get an offer sheet if we low-ball him.

Peace,

Howie

They will end up moving Ghost to free up 4 mill unless they take a player back. Which they still could and still pocket some cap space.

I trust Chuckles is working the phones and we may even see something go down at the draft.

I hate to see Ghost but if he isn't going to be given the chance to work on his game might as well get something of value for him.

He will make a nice reclamation project for some team.