Flyers 2020-21 season

Four big comments from the all-wise Bill Clement in the Philadelphia Inquirer at 4 PM ET this afternoon (Sunday):

When Bill Clement speaks - - - we listen!

(Love that number 3 below.)

Excerpts:

Bill Clement, a Renaissance man since being drafted by the Flyers in 1970, has traded in his microphone. He now lives in Waynesville, N.C. Clement, 70, has stepped down from his job as one of the Flyers’ TV broadcasters.

Thus ends an admirable career in which he spent 16 years (over two stints) as a color analyst on Flyers telecasts. Earlier in his career, he had a 15-year tenure as the lead analyst for ESPN’s broadcasts of NHL games, and he was a studio host for NBC and Versus. In addition, he was a broadcaster at five Olympics, and his broadcast credits include work for ABC and TNT in the United States, and CBC, Sportsnet, and Sirius-XM in Canada.

“I think the clincher was turning 70,” Clement, a center on the Flyers’ Stanley Cup championship teams in 1974 and 1975, said in a phone interview.

1) Clement says the Flyers have a distinct advantage: Carter Hart.

He will be watching them on the NHL’s TV package.

2) “They’re really well-coached,” Clement said. “And I like so many things about this team.

3)They have deep scoring, and their third line” – Patrick centering James van Riemsdyk and Jake Voracek – “is going to get some matchups against the third D pairings on other teams, and they’re going to eat them.”

4) Clement is also optimistic about 6-foot-7, 230-pound Samuel Morin, the defenseman-turned-left winger who cleared waivers last week and is on the Flyers’ taxi squad. He may be used against some of the more physical teams.

“When I heard about the experiment of him going up front, I thought, ‘This is perfect,’ " Clement said. “Now he won’t have a target on his back when he goes back to get pucks. He’ll terrorize on the forecheck. You put him in the lineup if you go to Long Island and play a tough Islanders team, or whatever. He can skate, and I really hope that works out.”

Inside and Out: Sam Morin

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Turned on my TV to watch the Sixers pre-game show - - - and it was not there!

How does this relate to our Flyers? - - - 

Yahoo Sports

NBA postpones 76ers-Thunder matchup due to COVID-19 outbreak

Ryan Young·Writer
Sun, January 17, 2021, 5:38 PM

The NBA has postponed yet another game this season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The league, after a week full of postponements, called off the Philadelphia 76ers’ matchup with the Oklahoma City Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena just hours before it was set to tip on Sunday night.

The 76ers, the NBA said, did not have the required amount of players available to participate in the contest.

The 76ers had four players not make the trip to Oklahoma City — Joel Embiid, Seth Curry, Vincent Poirier and Mike Scott — and had at least six players in the health and safety protocol due to contact tracing, per ESPN. 

Philadelphia is now set to host the Boston Celtics next on Wednesday.

That matchup is now the 14th that the league has postponed so far this season — which isn’t even a month old. All but one of those postponements came within the last week.

The NBA also introduced new health and safety protocols on Tuesday, which included keeping players and coaches isolated when not competing and increased mask usage, among other things.

To the Wells Fargo Center crew:

Clean and sanitize all facilities thoroughly before the Flyers-Buffalo game on Monday evening. (There are some common areas that both NHL teams and NBA teams traverse.)

Hayes and Farabee:

Kevin Hayes and Joel Farabee of the Philadelphia Flyers enter the building on route to the locker room prior to their game against the New York...

1 minute ago, Zzeke said:

How does this relate to our Flyers? - - - 

Yahoo Sports

NBA postpones 76ers-Thunder matchup due to COVID-19 outbreak

Ryan Young·Writer
Sun, January 17, 2021, 5:38 PM

The NBA has postponed yet another game this season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The league, after a week full of postponements, called off the Philadelphia 76ers’ matchup with the Oklahoma City Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena just hours before it was set to tip on Sunday night.

The 76ers, the NBA said, did not have the required amount of players available to participate in the contest.

The 76ers had four players not make the trip to Oklahoma City — Joel Embiid, Seth Curry, Vincent Poirier and Mike Scott — and had at least six players in the health and safety protocol due to contact tracing, per ESPN. 

Philadelphia is now set to host the Boston Celtics next on Wednesday.

That matchup is now the 14th that the league has postponed so far this season — which isn’t even a month old. All but one of those postponements came within the last week.

The NBA also introduced new health and safety protocols on Tuesday, which included keeping players and coaches isolated when not competing and increased mask usage, among other things.

To the Wells Fargo Center crew:

Clean and sanitize all facilities thoroughly before the Flyers-Buffalo game on Monday evening. (There are some common areas that both NHL teams and NBA teams traverse.)

Hayes and Farabee:

Kevin Hayes and Joel Farabee of the Philadelphia Flyers enter the building on route to the locker room prior to their game against the New York...

The Captain:

Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers enters the building on route to the locker room prior to his game against the New York Rangers on December...

Travis and Travis:

Travis Sanheim and Travis Konecny of the Philadelphia Flyers enter the building on route to the locker room prior to their game against the New York...

Myers and NAK

Philippe Myers and Nicolas Aube-Kubel of the Philadelphia Flyers enter the building on route to the locker room prior to their game against the New...

Ghost

Shayne Gostisbehere of the Philadelphia Flyers enters the building on route to the locker room prior to his game against the New York Rangers on...

Morgan Frost and Anderoff

Morgan Frost and Andy Anderoff of the Philadelphia Flyers enter the building on route to the locker room prior to their game against the New York...

The Franchise

Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers enters the building on route to the locker room prior to his game against the Arizona Coyotes on December 5,...

1 hour ago, Zzeke said:

For game 3 and game 4 - 

The Sabres play against the Flyers on Monday and Tuesday. Coach Ralph Krueger said after the session that Reinhart's lower-body injury is "manageable." It's unclear if that means he will play on Monday. Reinhart also briefly left Friday's game against Washington. 

Skinner on the fourth line.  The ghost of Alex Daigle should be ashamed of himself.

He doesn't even deserve as good as the fourth line.

2 hours ago, Zzeke said:

You're better than me. I only follow football and hockey.

So a question it's ok if you can't answer hopefully someone here can.

So do the Flyers opponents use the Sixers locker room??

And when the Sixers play their opponents use the Flyer's locker room?

Or do they have like one opponent locker room team's can share?

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You're better than me. I only follow football and hockey.

So a question it's ok if you can't answer hopefully someone here can.

So do the Flyers opponents use the Sixers locker room??

And when the Sixers play their opponents use the Flyer's locker room?

Or do they have like one opponent locker room team's can share?

@OccamsRazor

To answer your question OR: 

My friend, who is a retired Flyers player, told me this morning that no locker rooms, dressing rooms, lounges, etc are shared between the NHL teams and the NBA teams. They are totally separate.

But there are common areas in the bulding that both NHL and NBA teams traverse. Examples are in the photos shown in the above posts.

Edited by Zzeke
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Skinner on the fourth line.  The ghost of Alex Daigle should be ashamed of himself.

He doesn't even deserve as good as the fourth line.

Skinner on the 4th line...with SIX more years after this one at NINE MILLION per...

And I complain about JVR. (don't get me wrong..he sucks. But in comparison...)

• Like 2

Wow!  Violations and heavy penalty - - players have got to be smarter - - 

EVGENY KUZNETSOV
C, WASHINGTON CAPITALS

The NHL has announced that forward Evgeny Kuznetsov has entered the league's COVID-19 protocol.

It appears all the Russian's on the team got together and broke league rules, as Alex Ovechkin, Dmitry Orlov and Ilya Samsonov are joining Kuznetsov in the protocol. Kuznetsov started the year with a goal and three points in four games and the Capitals will have the tough time figuring out life without such a core group of players. The NHL also announced that they have fined the Washington organization $100,000 for COVID-19 violations.

SOURCE: Greg Wyshynski on Twitter
Jan 20, 2021, 7:05 PM ET

56 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Wow!  Violations and heavy penalty - - players have got to be smarter - - 

EVGENY KUZNETSOV
C, WASHINGTON CAPITALS

The NHL has announced that forward Evgeny Kuznetsov has entered the league's COVID-19 protocol.

It appears all the Russian's on the team got together and broke league rules, as Alex Ovechkin, Dmitry Orlov and Ilya Samsonov are joining Kuznetsov in the protocol. Kuznetsov started the year with a goal and three points in four games and the Capitals will have the tough time figuring out life without such a core group of players. The NHL also announced that they have fined the Washington organization $100,000 for COVID-19 violations.

SOURCE: Greg Wyshynski on Twitter
Jan 20, 2021, 7:05 PM ET

What rules did they break? Vodka in their Gatorade bottles?