Flyers 2020-21 season

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm packing my bag and headed out the door...can you mix bourbon and ballet?

Hhhmmmmm....

LOL, I knew that would get attention. It happens to be true though. 

I don't see why not, doesn't bourbon go with everything?

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I always thought you were from the Philly area. Huh.

Nope.

I have only flew there once when I was coming back from over from Europe before flying to Little Creek to get processed out the Navy in 92.

I love Charleston.

The traffic sucks.

But I love the area.

we are getting off topic ...but yes... we last visited their in 2016 on our way home from Florida.  Loved touring the USS Yorktown and then boating out to Ft. Sumter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is why I love you.

Not in a gay way....

...not that there is anything wrong with that.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

No worries. It's ok for straight men to tell each other they love each other. I think it's encouraged actually. Makes you more manly. So I do it all the time.

I've decided to start drinking, making bourbon sours. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

@Zzeke

I'm not from Winnipeg so I don't feel a strong need to defend it. But I had to move away and come back to appreciate it. For those who don't know anything about Wpg besides the cold:

- Some of the best restaurants in all of North America, due to a diverse immigrant population

- A world class ballet and generally one of the best Arts scenes in North America

- A fantastic music scene with many great old theater venues

- Lowest cost of living in all of Canada, cheap housing, cheap electricity (Hydro)

- A diverse economy shielded from the negative effects of big economic slumps

- A world class Zoo with an amazing polar bear exhibit

- The museum of human rights so American neo-Nazis can come learn about the holocaust and other travesties, like Canada's shoddy treatment of Indigenous people

People think Winnipeg is a small city - it's not any longer: the population of the greater Winnipeg municipal area is around 800,000. That's an economic engine which affords, among other things, an NHL hockey team.

Extend your Stay in Winnipeg

@Podein25

Thx. I was defending Manitoba. Had a great friend there in Birch River. She has passed, but her family is there.

Your profile says 'Manitoba'. Are you still there? What area?

3 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Thx. I was defending Manitoba. Had a great friend there in Birch River. She has passed, but her family is there.

Your profile says 'Manitoba'. Are you still there? What area?

I know. I appreciate it. Winnipeg. But originally from up North, Flin Flon way.

Never been to Birch River, but played a lot of hockey in nearby Swan River and, of course, Dauphin. 

Edited by Podein25

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

That looks amazing.  My family loves Zoo's/Aquariums ...etc.  We have seen several Shark exhibits similar to the photo you posted.  I bet that Polar Bear exhibit is awesome...... :)

@pilldoc

Has your family been to the National Aquarium at Inner Harbor in Baltimore? It's awesome!

1 minute ago, Zzeke said:

@pilldoc

Has your family been to the National Aquarium at Inner Harbor in Baltimore? It's awesome!

Many ... Many ... Many ..... Many ...times. :)  Along with the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. Our favorite aquarium has got to be the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, GA.  My wife loves Whale Sharks and they are 1 of only 2 Aquariums in the world to have a Whale Shark Exhibit.  the other is in Tokyo. 

We were just there this past Sept.  We love Inner Harbor and living in Lancaster it is only about a 90 minute drive depending on traffic.

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Many ... Many ... Many ..... Many ...times. :)  Along with the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. Our favorite aquarium has got to be the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, GA.  My wife loves Whale Sharks and they are 1 of only 2 Aquariums in the world to have a Whale Shark Exhibit.  the other is in Tokyo. 

We were just there this past Sept.  We love Inner Harbor and living in Lancaster it is only about a 90 minute drive depending on traffic.

@pilldoc

Edit from ~doc (will send you a PM) we try not to reveal too much private info in a public thread

Edited by pilldoc

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

@Zzeke

I'm not from Winnipeg so I don't feel a strong need to defend it. But I had to move away and come back to appreciate it. For those who don't know anything about Wpg besides the cold:

- Some of the best restaurants in all of North America, due to a diverse immigrant population

- A world class ballet and generally one of the best Arts scenes in North America

- A fantastic music scene with many great old theater venues

- Lowest cost of living in all of Canada, cheap housing, cheap electricity (Hydro)

- A diverse economy shielded from the negative effects of big economic slumps

- A world class Zoo with an amazing polar bear exhibit

- The museum of human rights so American neo-Nazis can come learn about the holocaust and other travesties, like Canada's shoddy treatment of Indigenous people

People think Winnipeg is a small city - it's not any longer: the population of the greater Winnipeg municipal area is around 800,000. That's an economic engine which affords, among other things, an NHL hockey team.

Extend your Stay in Winnipeg

It's on my expat retirement shortlist. I have to find a way to deal with the dry winter air though.

1 hour ago, tucson83 said:

if this team has a bad record this year do you see them canning fletch if another great gm is out there or does it have to do with our bad cap situation?

No it will be time for Chuckles to jettison as much dead weight as he can.

Should have did it this past offseason but they used the covid season as an excuse.

Now with the flat cap era it will be even harder.

• Like 1

I hope we are all over reacting, but it seems like they over estimated this team. I get the injury problems are a factor, but a team with depth can overcome that

I think OR is right, Fletch is not in jeopardy of losing his job. He will be forced to face the reality that the team isnt good enough. Best of luck to him trying to dig out of this dumpster

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Best of luck to him trying to dig out of this dumpster

It's so bad the only way out right now I fear is ride it out till the end of the season and go from there.

I mean honestly I don't know how they are going to fix this.

They have some good pieces.

Then will have to go through a rough retool year next year I think they will have to go cheap in the bottom 6 with some kids to be able to start fixing it.

The blue line you have a decent 4 maybe to build around with Ivan, Myers, Sanheim and maybe I still can't tell yet with Friedman.

But Gus, Hagg and Braun have to go they are just terrible and do more harm than good.

They are ok in goal. They could try to bring Elliott back too can't call it with him right now but the fact that he has got a shutout with these bums in front of him gives me some hope he can help next year. Maybe.

• Like 1

It's so bad the only way out right now I fear is ride it out till the end of the season and go from there.

I mean honestly I don't know how they are going to fix this.

They have some good pieces.

Then will have to go through a rough retool year next year I think they will have to go cheap in the bottom 6 with some kids to be able to start fixing it.

The blue line you have a decent 4 maybe to build around with Ivan, Myers, Sanheim and maybe I still can't tell yet with Friedman.

But Gus, Hagg and Braun have to go they are just terrible and do more harm than good.

They are ok in goal. They could try to bring Elliott back too can't call it with him right now but the fact that he has got a shutout with these bums in front of him gives me some hope he can help next year. Maybe.

The problem is you can only play Elliott a few games in a row. He isn't a starter, and at 35, I am afraid of overextending him . I mean...can he play four out of the next five games as the starter? Hart HAS to be the guy. Personally, I would have signed a younger backup, even though Elliott has been good when called upon.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I hope we are all over reacting, but it seems like they over estimated this team. I get the injury problems are a factor, but a team with depth can overcome that

I think OR is right, Fletch is not in jeopardy of losing his job. He will be forced to face the reality that the team isnt good enough. Best of luck to him trying to dig out of this dumpster

It starts with finding a taker for JVR or Jake. It almost has to, even at that salary.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The problem is you can only play Elliott a few games in a row. He isn't a starter, and at 35, I am afraid of overextending him . I mean...can he play four out of the next five games as the starter? Hart HAS to be the guy. Personally, I would have signed a younger backup, even though Elliott has been good when called upon.

I'm not so sure.

The first thing I am concerned with is damaging Hart they have to figure something out first before I want to put him back in.

Not worried about Elliott he is a 34 year old vet he can handle it.

Hart is too important at a young 22 years old get the team playing better first priority.

Then you can go back to Hart. No sense putting all the pressure that comes with the position which is the most outside of playing QB in the NFL.

Take care of your future.

Fix the the flawed team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not so sure.

The first thing I am concerned with is damaging Hart they have to figure something out first before I want to put him back in.

Not worried about Elliott he is a 34 year old vet he can handle it.

Hart is too important at a young 22 years old get the team playing better first priority.

Then you can go back to Hart. No sense putting all the pressure that comes with the position which is the most outside of playing QB in the NFL.

Take care of your future.

Fix the the flawed team.

why do I feel like this is Carson Wentz part deaux?

Is it a Philly thing?