Flyers 2020-21 season

Just now, CoachX said:

why do I feel like this is Carson Wentz part deaux?

Is it a Philly thing?

It is what I just typed somewhere around here I can't remember which thread it was.

But the jest of the post was yes please fix the team before the fans blame everything on Hart like Wentz and want him traded too.

Surround him with bums and expect him to carry them to the Championship.

Philly fans are the worse...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No it will be time for Chuckles to jettison as much dead weight as he can.

Should have did it this past offseason but they used the covid season as an excuse.

Now with the flat cap era it will be even harder.

they had a chance to get laine last offseason but of course like typical philly strategy they always back out and overrated our own guys and backfires. hate to say it but i think this is the philly culture accept the phillies, no outside stars allowed on philla teams accept it has to be our own players.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

the X factor in al this is coaching. AV is good at what he does. He might be able to make adjustments to get the most out of the club

So you're saying he is a turd polisher.

Got it.

1 minute ago, tucson83 said:

they had a chance to get laine last offseason but of course like typical philly strategy they always back out and overrated our own guys and backfires. hate to say it but i think this is the philly culture accept the phillies, no outside stars allowed on philla teams accept it has to be our own players.

Well a lot the flaws could just be the talent evaluators and projectors.

Fix that and it's  a good start.

And that isn't to say it is Chuckles but more of who he relies on for this advice.

16 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

i hope the team is half as angry as I was when I saw this. we're at game 6 of the season, gents. where's the leadership?

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1353172811515224064?s=20

I agree!  My heart broke for this kid when I saw this. They are really hanging him out to dry too often.  What the hell!!!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good news pick a bum and scratch em for Ghost.

Shayne Gostisbehere is indeed on the ice for practice today in Voorhees.

I would take Ghost over any of Braun, Gus or Hagg.

i'm pretty sure Ghost can flub a pass or clear just as good as Gus can right now.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

i'm pretty sure Ghost can flub a pass or clear just as good as Gus can right now.

Exactly and at least he has a small chance of maybe being good.

I mean he does have a 60 point season as well that he will never see again too.

He'll right now Braun, Hagg and Gus couldn't even combine to give you a 60 point season.

And Gus was training with Hagg this offseason gawd that must have been something horrible to have to witness.

More great news.

Lines and pairs today:

JvR-Hayes-Voracek

Lindblom-Laughton Farabee 

Giroux-Andreoff-Konecny

Raffl-Bunnaman-NAK

Provorov-Gostisbehere Sanheim-Friedman

Hagg-Braun

Gus-Prosser

Patrick not on the ice for practice. Andreoff screams "stand-in," but obv a Patrick absence is notable.

SEAN COUTURIER
C, PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Sean Couturier (rib) was on the ice Monday with skills coach Angelo Ricci. 
Couturier feels it was a positive step forward, but he isn't ready to skate with the team yet and he doesn't have a set timetable in mind. He sustained a costochondral separation on Jan. 15 against Pittsburgh and was slated to miss a minimum of two weeks.

SOURCE: Sam Carchidi on Twitter
Jan 25, 2021, 1:23 PM ET

SHAYNE GOSTISBEHERE
D, PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Shayne Gostisbehere feels he can play Tuesday night after he practiced on Monday with his teammates. 
Gostisbehere is glad that COVID didn't hit him too hard and he's thankful that it didn't impact anyone else. Coach Alain Vigneault hasn't ruled out the defenseman yet for Tuesday's match against New Jersey. 

SOURCE: Jordan Hall on Twitter
Jan 25, 2021, 1:06 PM ET

NOLAN PATRICK
C, PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Nolan Patrick is expected to play Tuesday night after he missed practice on Monday.
Patrick received a maintenance day, according to coach Alain Vigneault. He has picked up one goal and three assists in six games this season. 

SOURCE: Philadelphia Flyers on Twitter
Jan 25, 2021, 1:04 PM ET

BRIAN ELLIOTT
G, PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Brian Elliott will be in goal for Tuesday's game against New Jersey. 
Elliott posted a 40-save shutout win over Buffalo on Jan. 19 in his previous start this season. In two appearances this year, he has a 1.31 goals-against average and .964 save percentage. "Brian has played extremely well for us and he will again tomorrow," coach Alain Vigneault said following Monday's practice. 

SOURCE: Philadelphia Flyers on Twitter
Jan 25, 2021, 1:00 PM ET

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

There isn't none just like there wasn't any in the playoffs.

Giorux of old is dead long gone.

When your captain and highest paid player with a NMC contract is also a 4th line player there is no leadership. And when said player gets powerplay minutes and never gets benched or bought out, then you have the current **** show of an entire organization that has the optics of not giving a damn.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I know the season hasn't started off so well and a lot of fans aren't enjoying it. But at least Gritty has this to look forward to...

funny

Wow...and I thought Gritty was a lil scary lookin'  haha

that pic is like waking up the morning after an evening in which you had your Strong 'beer goggles' on LOL 😳

11 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Wow...and I thought Gritty was a lil scary lookin'  haha

that pic is like waking up the morning after an evening in which you had your Strong 'beer goggles' on LOL 😳

Yep straight up Coyote ugly.

I hope Gritty don't read here....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I know the season hasn't started off so well and a lot of fans aren't enjoying it. But at least Gritty has this to look forward to...

funny

I am now going to have nightmares ......thanks a lot ...LOL

• Haha 2

This is a pretty somber assessment of the O and B.:

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/1/24/22246500/nhl-philadelphia-six-stats-from-the-flyers-pair-of-losses-to-the-boston-bruins-carter-hart-analysis

Niskanen's departure is only a part of the problem.  This team is dysfunctional 5x5 and our ability to drive play is lousy.  

Hopefully, our walking wounded get back on track.  That said, there will be questions about our team's ability to handle the opponent's top line, and whether our first line is really on par with others?  I hate to say it, but we saw shades of these problems against Montreal and the Islanders.  Without major personnel changes, I'm not surprised we are dealing with the SOS at the start of this season.

14 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I hate to say it, but we saw shades of these problems against Montreal and the Islanders. 

Yep.

And a healthy Oskar and Patrick seems to have done nothing to change that.

Very concerned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

This is a pretty somber assessment of the O and B.:

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/1/24/22246500/nhl-philadelphia-six-stats-from-the-flyers-pair-of-losses-to-the-boston-bruins-carter-hart-analysis

Niskanen's departure is only a part of the problem.  This team is dysfunctional 5x5 and our ability to drive play is lousy.  

Hopefully, our walking wounded get back on track.  That said, there will be questions about our team's ability to handle the opponent's top line, and whether our first line is really on par with others?  I hate to say it, but we saw shades of these problems against Montreal and the Islanders.  Without major personnel changes, I'm not surprised we are dealing with the SOS at the start of this season.

I don’t see how we would think anything would change this season  from  how we played in last years playoffs, especially when we didn’t address the key issues. For the most part it’s the same exact team, with the same exact problems.  Sure we got back Lindblom and Patrick and eventually it will help the offense. Even when we had Niskanen, we still needed another good defenseman , so now we really need two defenseman. we still don’t have enough skilled wingers with size , we still don’t have a sniper,  we lack toughness, mental and physical,  and our  supposed top two players Giroux and Voracek are not really top players . We do not have what it takes to go through four rounds of playoffs , on top  the regular season with of all the tough divisional games and barely any rest. It’s gonna  be as tough as the playoffs especially in the last 15-20 games of the season. We are barely ten games in and already have huge injury problems.

• Like 2