Flyers 2020-21 season

41 minutes ago, radoran said:

Have you seen Ottawa??

Hell no are you crazy i can barely stand to watch the Flyers for 60 minutes.

Just asking no harm in that right?? Flyers could use a bottom pair defenseman...not sure if the two i asked about are much of an upgrade but i know i never want to see Gus back out there again. Ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So rumor i seen is that Ottawa is not happy with team and maybe looking to shake the lineup with a trade.

So i wonder if they would do a Erik Gustafsson for Erik Gudbranson or Josh Brown trade.

Just a wonder....gives them another right hand shot on the backend.

Part of me would love Gudbranson on Philly (he's one of my best friends nephew). But he couldn't skate back when he was drafted 3rd overall. And now he's nearing 30. 

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Part of me would love Gudbranson on Philly (he's one of my best friends nephew). But he couldn't skate back when he was drafted 3rd overall. And now he's nearing 30. 

Makes sense i would trade him for Gus....who can skate but that is all.

Just now, flyercanuck said:

Gudbranson is tough as nails too. 

And the Flyers need that a right hand shot with some grit and size hell he can't skate worse than Prosser right?

I'm think a nice spot on the bottom pair but i would be thinking just swapping players.

Gus (3 mill) for Gudbranson (4 mill).

To be clear, all those words were from Eklund, such as:

Who wants Letang? What would you give for him?

There is no imploration for the Flyers.

It's just interesting to see what is happening to a big Division rival.

If Ottawa wants to trade us Stuetzle, I'd oblige them. (Ain't happening)

I think Tkachuk is stuck in a bad situation and would listen, but I highly doubt he's someone they're looking to move.

Chabot, of course, but same as above.

I agree that Gudbradson could be interesting.  I agree he'd fit in nicely on the third pair.  But our problem is we really need a top 4 (top 2) to play alongside Provorov. That condition is exacerbated by Myers being out.  So two defensemen are playing in higher positions than they have any business doing.  

Outside of the above, I don't think I bother picking up the phone.  Maybe in Dadonov, but he's done exactly nothing to impress so far.  I'm a little surprised, actually.

But no, Ottawa is still a hot mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I think Tkachuk is stuck in a bad situation and would listen, but I highly doubt he's someone they're looking to move.

He is Kevin's Hayes cousin I think. That is why Kevin said he never was a Bruins fan he was always a fan of who Keith was playing for either the Blues or Yotes.

He would be a nice perfect Flyer I think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Outside of the above, I don't think I bother picking up the phone.  Maybe in Dadonov, but he's done exactly nothing to impress so far.  I'm a little surprised, actually.

But no, Ottawa is still a hot mess.

This is just it - Ottawa doesn't have much people would want and won't make their team "better" by dealing those pieces away.

Then the question becomes what is a trading partner sending to Ottawa? Say the Flyers had interest in Gudbranson - what are they giving up (spoiler alert: don't say "Gustaffsssoonnnn")?

Whether by accident or design, Ottawa is in a Pittsburgh-style Long Tank at this point.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

HHHhhhhhhmmmmmmmm maybe we can mail them to them...i'm out of stamps.

The guy's a hockey player. Just ship Brady the hell here, in a FedEx box. Cut out a few air holes.

Edited by FD19372
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Up and down certainly not as well as he did last year. And he got away with a trip last night on one of the goals....why you want to send him to Ottawa???

Lol...no. i want him to be an impact player who brings snarl and fire to the Flyers

But, if he brings a good return, based on what Ive seen, i would do it

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i want him to be an impact player who brings snarl and fire to the Flyers

Me too he brought that last year and they need it and i don't know what the f**k he is waiting for??

Too get benched?? Maybe he needs it i don't see the fire he showed and displayed before.

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

But, if he brings a good return, based on what Ive seen, i would do it

Me too....the only guys who i don't want to move Hart, Coots and Ivan.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Me too be brought that last year and they need it and i don't know what the f**k he is waiting for??

Too get benched?? Maybe he needs it i don't see the fire he showed and displayed before.

Me too....the only guys who i don't want to move Hart, Coots and Ivan.

Don't forget Prosser!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Don't forget Prosser!

I wonder if the Yotes would do a Gustafsson (3 mill) for Niklas Hjalmarsson (5 mill)???

Nik can play the right side too....and off the books at year's end...i have always like Nik's game.

He is 33 a solid vet for the defense...asking aloud...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Me too he brought that last year and they need it and i don't know what the f**k he is waiting for??

Too get benched?? Maybe he needs it i don't see the fire he showed and displayed before

Why does it seem like this always happens? A player gets called up and plays hard to make the team. After he does, his game changes, becomes conservative, and forgets what got him there

Maybe its a coaching thing. They try to develop the player, so he is more focused on doing what he's told, then playing his game

From Eklund this morning - 

Hextall, the leading candidate for Penguins GM job

Flyers fans...this one might be tough to take, but Hexy may soon be steering the team that is enemy #1.

Eklund

• Uggh... 1