Flyers 2020-21 season

1 hour ago, Zzeke said:

In today's news - - 

Ohhh nooo - - 

• COM, NHL

The NHL is expected to approve ads on helmets for the upcoming season.

With no fans allowed in most arenas, at least to start the season, the NHL is looking at any way they can improve their revenues and having ads on helmets will certainly help. Teams apparently will be allowed to use one logo for home games and the option of using one for away contests but  will not be able to change throughout the season. This will definitely bring a different look to NHL games.

Dec 22, 2020, 8:43 AM ET

It's coming - - first helmets - - then uniforms - - 
    Can we envision our Flyers like this - - ?

What advertisers would be on our Flyers?

Would we want to see our Flyers skating around with this on them:
    Kmart
    Sprint
    Sears
    NY Yankees
    NE Patriots
    Charmin Ultra Soft
    Veterans Administration
    Genesis Rehab
    Visiting Angels
    Visiting Angels of Monroe - SWCRC

Charmin Ultra Soft | Logopedia | Fandom

none of above!

• Like 1

NHL Schedule Tomorrow

Meltzer's report today - 

Synopsis:

NHL Schedule released tomorrow (Dec. 23). Reduced travel as needed during the pandemic.

Teams will often play back-to-back games in the same city with the same opponent. That means back-to-back games, on back-to-back nights.

There will be road trips and homestands with opponents from the shortest possible travel times between locales; for instance, the Flyers may play the Islanders, Rangers and Devils on the same road trip. 

- - - - - - - 

That means back-to-back games, on back-to-back nights, with the Pens and the hated Sidney Crosby and Malkin. WAR.

It will be a fun season. This Flyers team is a very good team. Perhaps a SC contender this abbreviated 56-game season. 

It will be a grueling season schedule, and teams with younger players and players in excellent shape will have an advantage stamina wise - - a plus for our Flyers. And, we should have a good 6-player Taxi Squad which will be a big plus because of our Flyers having one of the best NHL Prospect Pools.

usp_nhl__montreal_canadiens_at_pittsburgh_penguins_98602402.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Sidney Crosby, Lasse Kukkonen - Pittsburgh Penguins v Philadelphia Flyers - Game Three

Flyers TV pre-game and post-game analyst was laid-off today as part of NBC Sports - Philadelphia's massive layoff program and part of nationwide cuts by parent company NBC Universal.

Therien was very good in that role and popular. Freelancer, aging Al Morganti, will now fill that role (cheaper but not nearly as good as Therien). Sad.

Montreal Canadiens v Philadelphia Flyers : News Photo

Edited by Zzeke
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zzeke said:

In today's news - - 

Ohhh nooo - - 

• COM, NHL

With no fans allowed in most arenas, at least to start the season, the NHL is looking at any way they can improve their revenues and having ads on helmets will certainly help. Teams apparently will be allowed to use one logo for home games and the option of using one for away contests but  will not be able to change throughout the season. This will definitely bring a different look to NHL games.

Kmart
    Sprint
    Sears
    NY Yankees
    NE Patriots
    Charmin Ultra Soft
    Veterans Administration
    Genesis Rehab
    Visiting Angels

The answer is obvious: 4 Seasons Total Landscaping

Four Seasons Total Landscaping Drop 2020's Best Political Merch

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

what's the status of Taryn Hatcher?

@mkscrewy

Taryn Hatcher and Katie Emmer survive the ongoing shakeup at NBC Sports - Philadelphia in their roles with Flyers broadcasts.

It's the recent times industry focus on young female TV personalities, and their presentation, that sells, as determined  from focus group studies.

59 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

NHL Schedule Tomorrow

Meltzer's report today - 

Synopsis:

NHL Schedule released tomorrow (Dec. 23). Reduced travel as needed during the pandemic.

Teams will often play back-to-back games in the same city with the same opponent. That means back-to-back games, on back-to-back nights.

There will be road trips and homestands with opponents from the shortest possible travel times between locales; for instance, the Flyers may play the Islanders, Rangers and Devils on the same road trip. 

- - - - - - - 

That means back-to-back games, on back-to-back nights, with the Pens and the hated Sidney Crosby and Malkin. WAR.

It will be a fun season. This Flyers team is a very good team. Perhaps a SC contender this abbreviated 56-game season. 

It will be a grueling season schedule, and teams with younger players and players in excellent shape will have an advantage stamina wise - - a plus for our Flyers. And, we should have a good 6-player Taxi Squad which will be a big plus because of our Flyers having one of the best NHL Prospect Pools.

usp_nhl__montreal_canadiens_at_pittsburgh_penguins_98602402.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Sidney Crosby, Lasse Kukkonen - Pittsburgh Penguins v Philadelphia Flyers - Game Three

Included in an article today is this question:

Is playing all games in the division an advantage for the goalies or the forwards?

Anyone want to take a guess at the answer?

Philadelphia Flyers right wing Jakub Voracek (93) high fives teammates as they leave the ice following their overtime victory in an NHL Stanley Cup Eastern Conference playoff hockey game against the New York Islanders in Toronto, Ontario,  Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020.

6 hours ago, Zzeke said:

In today's news - - 

Ohhh nooo - - 

• COM, NHL

Kmart
    Sprint
    Sears
    NY Yankees
    NE Patriots
    Charmin Ultra Soft
    Veterans Administration
    Genesis Rehab
    Visiting Angels

I get they need to make some cash, so I'm ok with ads on the helmets for this season....as long as they promise to take them off next. But I can just see it...once Bettman gets his greedy little paws in the door he'll be putting them on jerseys next. 

In all the years I've been watching hockey, I can honestly say I only recall ONE product that's been advertised on a hockey uniform. And I never rushed out and bought a Skoda.

58 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

as long as they promise to take them off next.

Actual photo of Gary Bettman telling people he said it would only be for one year.

Women Don't Understand Goodfellas? Don't Make Us Laugh - IFC

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I get they need to make some cash, so I'm ok with ads on the helmets for this season....as long as they promise to take them off next. But I can just see it...once Bettman gets his greedy little paws in the door he'll be putting them on jerseys next. 

In all the years I've been watching hockey, I can honestly say I only recall ONE product that's been advertised on a hockey uniform. And I never rushed out and bought a Skoda.

The Washington Capitals and Capital One announced today [12/22/20] a season-long partnership that makes the financial corporation the first company to serve as the Capitals official helmet entitlement partner with the placement of Capital One branding on the team's helmet.

cut.png

Not a bad transition for Washington. Not an offensive large sticker. And, a good play on words from Capitals - to - Capital One.

Hmmm. What might be an appropriate advertiser for our Flyers?

In honor of our Flyers fast skating RW Konecny:

image.png.e51d671876bf18daf71788f14c41e41d.png

(Australia's Quantas Airline)

Or, in honor of our Flyers goaltender Carter Hart - - Flexible Flyer (Sleds)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWOCAPcLJf6kHfcG6WzN3cK4JhjkMjUePRj1NuxQ1MJXfV52ARbdP8QCmu1lWmd_zl4pgnp5zH&usqp=CAc

Okay. I know. Dumb funky stuff. I'll quit now.

Some advertising logo will replace the Flyers logo on the players helmets.

5b75a748cb7bd.image.jpg?resize=1700,956

Edited by Zzeke

21 hours ago, Zzeke said:

Today we have lost our #2 Center !

Kevin Hayes is out !

gritty-hayes.a3a06cd3.png

Any way we can persuade him to make it permanent?

Also, of course an organization that lives in a swamp would be proud...

Watching Team USA vs Team Finland tonight (12/22/20) on the NHL Network here in the US. Don't know if it's on TSN in Canada?

Team USA is on a Power Play. The Flyers Cam York and Bobby Brink are on the 1st Power Play unit.

Also posted in the Flyers prospect thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zzeke said:

The Washington Capitals and Capital One announced today [12/22/20] a season-long partnership that makes the financial corporation the first company to serve as the Capitals official helmet entitlement partner with the placement of Capital One branding on the team's helmet.

cut.png

Not a bad transition for Washington. Not an offensive large sticker. And, a good play on words from Capitals - to - Capital One.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWOCAPcLJf6kHfcG6WzN3cK4JhjkMjUePRj1NuxQ1MJXfV52ARbdP8QCmu1lWmd_zl4pgnp5zH&usqp=CAc

Nashville Predators advertising Bridgestone. Agree, it's entirely inoffensive compared to some of the gaudy European helmet ads.

Devils, Capitals among first NHL teams to unveil ads on helmets Predators Bridgestone

For our Flyers, how about the company 'Snipe Gamewear'?

image.png.68448955998684c5bef13b1315a9c35a.png

9 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Agree, it's entirely inoffensive compared to some of the gaudy European helmet ads.

Agree..."IF" that is all they do ... I can accept that.  I just don't want the helmets to be plastered with stickers .....

RE: adds on gear

The dead owl and I don't give a hoot.

I don't like the look of the European league teams that have every square inch of space jammed with adds.

But I'd get used to it.

A patch on the breast plate and or sticker on the helmet won't distract from my enjoyment of the game.

ymmv

• Like 2

UPDATE TO NHL OFF-SIDE RULE

Beginning in the 2020-21 regular season, a player's skate will not have to be in contact with the blue line in order to be on-side.

Excellent video to demonstrate the Rule change:

offside.0.jpg

For those who care - - 

‘I’m Back’: NHL Allows Gritty To Be Inside Wells Fargo Center This Season For Philadelphia Flyers Games

By Matt Higgins
CBS Philly
December 23, 2020

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The National Hockey League has righted a wrong. Beloved mascot Gritty will be allowed at the Wells Fargo Center this season for Philadelphia Flyers games.

“I’m back,” Gritty said in a statement.

Fans will be prohibited from going to games when the season begins due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Earlier this week, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman revealed the NHL will start the 2021 season on Jan. 13, but mascots were not included in his announcements. As we all know, barring Gritty from Flyers games is like telling Santa Claus he can’t deliver presents to children for Christmas.

Due to the outcry, Gritty created a petition for the NHL to allow him inside the arena for Flyers games.

“Without me, where is the joy? Where is the artistry? Where is the downright tomfoolery that delicately balances with the on-ice battles and displays of athletic prowess? One cannot simply exist without the other,” Gritty’s petition reads. 

“I promised the world at the brink of quarantine that I would be the orange light of hope and those plans haven’t changed. As a mascot, I have a duty, a responsibility, and I simply ask that you open your hearts to grant me permission to do what I love for the sport you all love. Let’s get weird.”

But now, the league has obliged and will allow Gritty’s shenanigans and tomfoolery to commence at Flyers games.

Gritty Tormenting the Sens

Flyers mascot Gritty entertains fans behind the Ottawa bench in the third period during the game between the Ottawa Senators and Philadelphia Flyers...

Gritty is a Great Skater

All-Star Game: Philadelphia Flyers mascot Gritty on ice before game at Enterprise Center. St. Louis, MO 1/25/2020 CREDIT: David E. Klutho

Gritty wins the Fastest Skater at the Skills Competition Beating Mathew Barzal

Gritty of the Philadelphia Flyers skates during the Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater during the 2019 SAP NHL All-Star Skills at SAP Center on January...

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

That fat bastard better not show his face at WFG, that's all I can say.

b-b-b-b-but that's what snowballs are made for!

or, you know, so I'm told... over and over and over again. For years.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Zzeke said:

cut.png

The AHL has had a single sponsor ad on their helmet all six years I've been attending LV Phantoms' games.  You don't even notice them.  Now if they got to European jerseys.....

• Like 2

Wow! What a grind!

Good that our Flyers have many young players with young legs and stamina. (This grind is even more of a reason that JVR will be minimized, if here.)

And, the 6-player Taxi Squad is to the Flyers advantage with good talented young depth.

And, WAR with the Pens and Crosby/Malkin as we play them back-to-back 4-times. Animosity pent-up and violently released with only a day between games.

Flyers Schedule 2020-21 Season

schedule3.jpg

schedule5.jpg

Top 5 quotes from Flyers-Penguins 2019 Stadium Series | RSN

Edited by Zzeke

21 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

Wow! What a grind!

Holy SH!T!!!

That is a injury waiting to happen.

Going to be some sloppy hockey and no time to practice.

ICE UP SON!!! ICE UP!!!

Ok your turn for some trivia. Do you know who made the above ice up comment popular?

• Like 1