Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Zzeke said:

 

And, it has begun - 

 

JOEL QUENNEVILLE
HC, FLORIDA PANTHERS

 

The Florida Panthers have announced the postponement of games scheduled for Jan. 14 and 15 against the Dallas Stars. 


"The safety of our fans, players, personnel, and the community are, and will remain, our top priority, and therefore we, along with the Dallas Stars organization, will continue to follow all recommended protocols and guidelines as we observe this postponement," said the team in a statement. The NHL announced on Friday that six Dallas players and two staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. The Stars will not open the 2020-21 season earlier than Tuesday, January 19. The NHL is currently reviewing and revising the schedule. 

 

RELATED: Dallas Stars
SOURCE: FloridaPanthers.com
Jan 8, 2021, 3:42 PM ET

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flyers should have signed him when he went off to Dallas.   It was more money than they were prepared to pay obviously, but when you have a bunch of kids in the room, you want an old guy who, on his first day with his new club, says: "I want my own key to the gym."   I'm sorry, but you sign that guy.

Lol, have you met Flyer fans before?   You are an excellent new addition. I certainly appreciate the level of engagement and the contests and such. Some of the Flyer fans here literally go back decades (on other forums), but we don't always agree on everything. Except for booing Santa. That we all agree on.

What's considered blowing up though? IF we're talking about moving Voracek and van Riemsdyk, there are numerous players who can fill their roles. For instance, if JVR is moved, there's still Giroux on the top left side, Lindblom can move along side Hayes and then Farabee fits in on the third line. That leaves the fourth line open, where Raffl remains. As for the right side, if Voracek is moved, Konecny slides into the top role, NAK moves into the 2nd line spot with Hayes, and then third line, yo

Posted Images

Greetings:

 

Here is an interesting take on the Flyers for '21.  I concur with their conclusion.  

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/capitals/east-division-previews-how-far-can-carter-hart-take-flyers

 

 

 

The Flyers who ended 9-1 and swept the round robin had a tough time with a Montreal team that wouldn't have made the playoffs under the regular format, and going seven games against the Islanders wasn't inspiring.  Will our newbies make a difference?  Maybe. But we don't have the gamechangers found on other squads.

 

Best,

Howie

Edited by Howie58
fix link
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

And, it has begun - 

 

JOEL QUENNEVILLE
HC, FLORIDA PANTHERS

 

The Florida Panthers have announced the postponement of games scheduled for Jan. 14 and 15 against the Dallas Stars. 


"The safety of our fans, players, personnel, and the community are, and will remain, our top priority, and therefore we, along with the Dallas Stars organization, will continue to follow all recommended protocols and guidelines as we observe this postponement," said the team in a statement. The NHL announced on Friday that six Dallas players and two staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. The Stars will not open the 2020-21 season earlier than Tuesday, January 19. The NHL is currently reviewing and revising the schedule. 

 

RELATED: Dallas Stars
SOURCE: FloridaPanthers.com
Jan 8, 2021, 3:42 PM ET

 

So the Panthers are telling both of their fans to stay home. Hhhhmmmm ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zzeke said:

Continued good reports on 3C Nolan Patrick - 

 

 

Nolan Patrick opens 2021 training camp in practice with Flyers | RSN

 

 

 

It's sounding like Patrick will definetly start the season as the 3C. We hope he can keep away from the wall as much as practical w/o sacrificing a quality game. He has great skills.

 

Nolan Patrick doesn't say much at 2021 Flyers training camp — and does that  matter much? | RSN

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

 

Here is an interesting take on the Flyers for '21.  I concur with their conclusion.  

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/capitals/east-division-previews-how-far-can-carter-hart-take-flyers

 

 

 

The Flyers who ended 9-1 and swept the round robin had a tough time with a Montreal team that wouldn't have made the playoffs under the regular format, and going seven games against the Islanders wasn't inspiring.  Will our newbies make a difference?  Maybe. But we don't have the gamechangers found on other squads.

 

Best,

Howie

 

Good find H58. But, I don't concur with this Washington writer's conclusion.

 

This Flyers team is a very, very, good Team.

 

As a writer from afar, what he doesn't see is the significant improvements - 

 

1) the addition of Lindblom and Patrick. This is not to be minimized. It's significant.

 

2) Improvement/growth from last season - 8 young players already on roster who are far from their peak - this is a great point not to be overlooked -

 

Fletcher said he and his staff had counted "eight players on the NHL roster that haven't come close to hitting their peak and to having their career seasons." "That's the exciting thing," Fletcher said. "That's our growth."

 

Hmm - 8 roster players:

1) Myers
2) Sanheim
3) Farabee
4) Konecny
5) Lindblom
6) Patrick 
7) Aube-Kubel
8] Hart

 

3) This team will score goals. Our Flyers last season were 7th in the 31-team NHL in 'goals scored'. They played 1 and 2 games less than the two teams ahead of them, and could easily have been 5th in the League. As Fletcher said, don't be fooled by the 13 game small sample size of the bubble playoffs.

 

4) Infusion of youth - an open 3RW spot - 

-  Fletcher said: “We’re comfortable with our group. We like our team. We already have a lot of players signed and a lot of kids who we feel can push for ice time and an opportunity. 

- Sandin, Allison, Laczynski - - one could make it -

 

Question: Do you foresee any of your older first-year pros coming in this season -- Linus Sandin, Wade Allison, and Tanner Laczynski specifically -- to compete for a NHL job this upcoming season? All three are physically mature and 23- or 24-years old.

 

[AGM] Brent Flahr: First of all, Laczynski and Allison like you said, and Sandin, they’re older players. They’re physically more mature than typically players that are coming out of junior that are 19, 20 years old. Their mindset coming to camp is to make the team. - - - In reality I would say, I would assume that each of them are going to play games this year. Hopefully one of them grabs it and makes the best of their opportunity.

 

5) Goaltender Carter Hart, age 22, taking the next step:

Asked if he had set any personal goals, Hart said he wants to “be the best I can be. I want to be able to give our team a chance to win every night. I don’t want to just be another NHL player; I want to be the best and I want to be the best NHL goaltender. That is something that I strive for every day.

 

IMO, this is a very, very, good team - - a SC contender.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First, the NHL Dallas Stars, and that Division schedule with them, are in full halt because of COVID.

 

Now, it hits closer to home - 

 

Seth Curry tests positive for COVID-19, forcing Sixers to quarantine in New York hotel


NEW YORK – Sidelined 76er Seth Curry was informed early in Thursday night’s 122-109 loss to the Brooklyn Nets that he had tested positive for COVID-19. That forced the team to quarantine and contact trace in a New York hotel late Thursday after the game and early Friday morning, league sources confirmed.

 

The sources added that the team will be tested Friday morning and the NBA will let the Sixers know the next step. There was no word if their scheduled 3 p.m. contest Saturday with the Denver Nuggets will be postponed. ESPN reported Curry’s test after the game.

 

As we know, our Flyers and Sixers share the Wells Fargo Center arena. We expect a thorough cleaning/sanitizing. And we expect all players to use good judgement in their lives every day.

Edited by Zzeke
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So an area Zamula needs to work on...

 

 

Honestly this is an area Sanheim needs to work on.

 

I hope he has.

Laughton has bored me to death. Not sure why everyone is so high on this guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

he's boring but he does his job efficiently, most of the time.

I guess...but so does that kid scooping up ice after the girls scrape the surface

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Laughton has bored me to death. Not sure why everyone is so high on this guy

He fills a role and does his role well. Skates hard,  is always on the puck and nerve takes a shift off. Let's not forget that there was some skill there until Hextall and Hakstol basically didn't want him to use his skill and just be a checker. They wasted him. With that being said,  he's replaceable,  especially if guys like Allison and Laczynski hit their ceiling. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zzeke said:

 

Good find H58. But, I don't concur with this Washington writer's conclusion.

 

This Flyers team is a very, very, good Team.

 

As a writer from afar, what he doesn't see is the significant improvements - 

 

1) the addition of Lindblom and Patrick. This is not to be minimized. It's significant.

 

2) Improvement/growth from last season - 8 young players already on roster who are far from their peak - this is a great point not to be overlooked -

 

Fletcher said he and his staff had counted "eight players on the NHL roster that haven't come close to hitting their peak and to having their career seasons." "That's the exciting thing," Fletcher said. "That's our growth."

 

Hmm - 8 roster players:

1) Myers
2) Sanheim
3) Farabee
4) Konecny
5) Lindblom
6) Patrick 
7) Aube-Kubel
8] Hart

 

3) This team will score goals. Our Flyers last season were 7th in the 31-team NHL in 'goals scored'. They played 1 and 2 games less than the two teams ahead of them, and could easily have been 5th in the League. As Fletcher said, don't be fooled by the 13 game small sample size of the bubble playoffs.

 

4) Infusion of youth - an open 3RW spot - 

-  Fletcher said: “We’re comfortable with our group. We like our team. We already have a lot of players signed and a lot of kids who we feel can push for ice time and an opportunity. 

- Sandin, Allison, Laczynski - - one could make it -

 

Question: Do you foresee any of your older first-year pros coming in this season -- Linus Sandin, Wade Allison, and Tanner Laczynski specifically -- to compete for a NHL job this upcoming season? All three are physically mature and 23- or 24-years old.

 

[AGM] Brent Flahr: First of all, Laczynski and Allison like you said, and Sandin, they’re older players. They’re physically more mature than typically players that are coming out of junior that are 19, 20 years old. Their mindset coming to camp is to make the team. - - - In reality I would say, I would assume that each of them are going to play games this year. Hopefully one of them grabs it and makes the best of their opportunity.

 

5) Goaltender Carter Hart, age 22, taking the next step:

Asked if he had set any personal goals, Hart said he wants to “be the best I can be. I want to be able to give our team a chance to win every night. I don’t want to just be another NHL player; I want to be the best and I want to be the best NHL goaltender. That is something that I strive for every day.

 

IMO, this is a very, very, good team - - a SC contender.

Dear Zzeke:

 

A year from now, we should be elite--top five to eight teams--if players develop as predicted.  This year may be a transition.  If indeed Giroux is moved off the top line, that is recognition of changing the guard.  This year, I am not so sure.  The last 10-20 games may show what the newbies bring.  If it happens sooner than later, I will be happier than you know what.  And being wrong would make me happy.   I hope to see another Cup before kicking up daisies.  

 

Peace,

Howie

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Laughton has bored me to death. Not sure why everyone is so high on this guy

 

He is a utility guy who in a pinch can play up the lineup and his contract is up and it may be his last year in Philly.

 

However he was their leading goal scorer this past playoff run.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder - 

 

Tomorrow's (Sunday 1/10) Flyers intra-squad scrimmage will be televised by NBCS-P at 7 PM.

 

The game will be the Flyers’ first Wells Fargo Center appearance since March 10.

 

We assume the WFC crew have done a thorough cleaning/sanitizing job after the Sixers have now had a positive case of COVID-19.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a reminder, todays' Flyers Mystery Player Photo Contest is at 12 Noon ET as it is every Saturday.

 

No way you guys get this one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturday Flyers Mystery Photo Contest
 
Every Saturday at 12 Noon ET.
 
As we all know, our Flyers had many hostilities with the St Louis Blues in the past. This includes the Blues players going up into the seats to fight Flyers fans. Flyers-Blues games were fight filled. The Blues were a very tough team.
 
Animosity continued into later periods. This tough-guy defenceman high-sticked Tim Kerr during a February game, then went on to assist on the Blues goal in the 3rd period. The Blues had 1400+ PIMs that season and our mystery photo player led his team in Playoff PIMs.
 
Who is this guy?
 
Only one guess per member.
 

Photo Contest B (2).jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Noel Picard?

 

Very, very, good guess OR. You usually know your stuff.

 

But, incorrect.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

 

Very, very, good guess OR. You usually know your stuff.

 

But, incorrect.

 

 

 

I know once I had sent it I realized wait he didn't play in the 80s with Kerr. Damn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...