Analysis of 2020 Draft Format: :-/

SpikeDDS

Format announced yesterday. And I think the Wings lose again...well, they have at least an 81.5% chance of losing again.

This format doesn’t help us AT ALL! In fact, it hurts us more than it helps us. Other teams get more time for prospects to train and for young developing players to get competitive playing time and experience. Oh and if a Cup run doesn’t work out, they can still get Lafreniere!

Our players get better at Call of Duty.

And our odds of getting the help we really need didn’t change at all—still 18.5%.

In other words, we still have an 81.5% chance of disappointment, and more than a coin flip chance of TOTAL disappointment on June 26–where we would get the 4th pick. What a fitting end to the year we have had that would be!

I still say the odds of the worst team getting the first pick are too low as they stand. And don’t try to say I’m only saying it because my team is in that position. I have said it for the last few seasons. The balance needs to swing back the other way.

75% chance of not getting the first pick should be enough disincentive for tanking. Hard for me to justify higher odds than that.

Wish we had better news.

And now back to our regularly-scheduled coverage of Coronavirus.

Edited by SpikeDDS
  • Like 1