Kirill Kaprizov drama continues, will he sign in Minnesota or the KHL?

3 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Why would a young man move away from home to play hockey in the thug-fueled sh#*storm in Minneapolis-St. Paul?

Don't worry, they'll get the police departments cleaned up up there.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

I just think he'll see an old tired team play against Vancouver.  And beyond Fiala he won't see much potential help and be like...what the hell am i getting myself into.  He has zilch to prove in the KHL; if he really wants to be in the NHL as fast as possible he should sign with the Wild.  But he hasn't...which leads me to think he might be having second thoughts.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 3:43 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

I just think he'll see an old tired team play against Vancouver.  And beyond Fiala he won't see much potential help and be like...what the hell am i getting myself into.  He has zilch to prove in the KHL; if he really wants to be in the NHL as fast as possible he should sign with the Wild.  But he hasn't...which leads me to think he might be having second thoughts.  

LIG, I think we have a chance to beat Vancouver in 5 games.😉. Under Evason coaching , the team did not looked too bad at all this spring. Team had some fire as soon as owner fired Boudreau. Sincerely, I had more interest to watch the team after that than before. Probably, Stalock and Kahkonen duo could bring to fans much more interest and intrigue to the summer event. Team's production is still my concern. Hope, they will include Khovanov and Sokolov into the main club to raise intrigue in scoring  and overall team's results. We need to build that chemistry among two well communicating players very fast. In my opinion, Evason is not as stubborn as was Boudreau and he is ready to experiment anytime for the best outcome improvement. At least I created that opinion about him so far. Time will let us know.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:08 AM, Icechipper said:

Why would a young man move away from home to play hockey in the thug-fueled sh#*storm in Minneapolis-St. Paul?

I think he is a brave man played for 3 last seasons in a Red Army club (CSKA), and was trained how to protect himself pretty well. I do not think he is care too much about any storms in Minneapolis area. Kaprizov really wants to play real NHL hockey and nothing else in his career. Hope, NHL rules will let him do that , of course, by the help of our Wild Owner; General Manager, and a Club Coach. If no superb interest coming from that trio, nothing will happened. It seems Kaprizov needs help, because his contract expired by April 30th. with CSKA  club and he does not have any agent himself in help to sign a contract in NHL, according to the article from the main Wild page.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Kaprizov is still not in any hurry to sign and Alexander Khovanov signed with Ak Bars Kazan in the KHL.  What a shame he feels he has nothing to learn in the AHL.  

LIG, These are sad news for me. I was hoping to see them both here this fall.  I think Khovanov , probably, wanted to make more money in KHL than in AHL as well as he didn't want to see a perspectives to play in the 4th line for a while in Iowa Wild club. Actually, Ak Bars Kazan is a very tough club in KHL  and definitely, will give him a good experience. That club also has a long history ; reached 4 times Gagarin Cup finals and won it 3 times (2009;2010;2018). Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier and Heatley had a chance to play for that team too in their careers.

I just looked through the eliteprospects.com to compare this season stats of Alexander Khovanov with a previous season at Moncton Wildcats. He improved them very nice: (in 52 played games this season he had 99 points(32 goals;67 assists;+/- +58) and in a previous season in 64 played games he had 74 points (25 goals;49 assists;+/- + 7).

On 7/2/2020 at 7:23 AM, Starofthenorth said:

I'm really disappointed that the NHLPA dropped the ball on the Kaprizov situation.

Agree. I am really disappointed too. It should be the way to get Kaprizov, who was one of the best players of KHL for the last 2 seasons in a row, into the NHL system(the Wild club). Like I said before, in my opinion, a lot depending of the Wild trio - Owner, General Manager,Head Coach. At least Kaprizov should be signed as soon as possible before the new season will start. We need their greatest interest to demonstrate it to him. Otherwise he will be signed again for the next 3 seasons in KHL and the Wild team will loose the other next 3 seasons to have him. And it seems we already lost Alexander Khovanov , who had this season +/- +58  in 52 games(no one in the Wild history had this record at all in 52 games as well as 99 points during that period) and who was signed for KHL (Ak Bars Kazan club) this summer according to LIG's message. 

I am hear more and more at the hospitals(I work at 7 hospitals), that, practically,  we will not talk about Covid-19 after the presidential election this fall. All spikes of viral respiratory infection are beneficial now (at this time of the year - virulence is already 20% less,and we are getting a better immunity in population when the viral respiratory infection transforming into a latent form in June;July,August). I am also hear more and more about the Wisconsin state paradox, a single state who practically completely opened everything on May 13th and having twice less mortality than Minnesota has. And Wisconsin had quarantine just for the 40 days, like the globe had for about the last 7 centuries  against many serious infections. The word quarantine comes from quarantena, meaning "forty days".

On 7/2/2020 at 7:23 AM, Starofthenorth said:

I'm really disappointed that the NHLPA dropped the ball on the Kaprizov situation.

I don't think the NHLPA dropped the ball; they instead used that as a bargaining chip to give their actual members something they wanted.  That being guaranteeing their participation in the Olympics for 2022 and 2026.  In fact if you look at some of the preview of the CBA portions; the NHLPA really leveraged the league well to drive down their escrow commitments.  Honestly, with how insanely expensive its going to be to pull off this summer hockey thing...its hard to see how or why the owners would really want to agree to some of the things they gave up.  

11 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Agree. I am really disappointed too. It should be the way to get Kaprizov, who was one of the best players of KHL for the last 2 seasons in a row, into the NHL system(the Wild club). Like I said before, in my opinion, a lot depending of the Wild trio - Owner, General Manager,Head Coach. At least Kaprizov should be signed as soon as possible before the new season will start. We need their greatest interest to demonstrate it to him. Otherwise he will be signed again for the next 3 seasons in KHL and the Wild team will loose the other next 3 seasons to have him. And it seems we already lost Alexander Khovanov , who had this season +/- +58  in 52 games(no one in the Wild history had this record at all in 52 games as well as 99 points during that period) and who was signed for KHL (Ak Bars Kazan club) this summer according to LIG's message. 

I am hear more and more at the hospitals(I work at 7 hospitals), that, practically,  we will not talk about Covid-19 after the presidential election this fall. All spikes of viral respiratory infection are beneficial now (at this time of the year - virulence is already 20% less,and we are getting a better immunity in population when the viral respiratory infection transforming into a latent form in June;July,August). I am also hear more and more about the Wisconsin state paradox, a single state who practically completely opened everything on May 13th and having twice less mortality than Minnesota has. And Wisconsin had quarantine just for the 40 days, like the globe had for about the last 7 centuries  against many serious infections. The word quarantine comes from quarantena, meaning "forty days".

Well leadership in Wisconsin didn't want to break the quarantine.  The GOP legislature challenged the executive order made by the Governor.  More or less the legislature pressured the Wisconsin Supreme Court for permission to break their own law; to strike down the governor's executive order.  It wasn't something the people asked for, but Wisconsin Dells and the bars were worried they were going to be doomed.  Yet, Dells attendance is half of what it normally would be.  But for the most part, It was just politics.  And once things were opened up...it wasn't going to go back.  

My guess testing has been minimal here, and its going to hit us pretty hard at some point.  I know myself and MNSOTA are still Social Distancing, wearing a mask...and being careful.  

But maybe the better question is it really feasible to have hockey back.  Even in a place its been far better contained in Canada, to give the players their 'bubble' its going to cost the league a fortune to pull it off for something that will still probably draw minimal TV ratings.  I don't get it.  

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

It seems this is a 2 y.o. story at training camp when Parise and Sutter still were in the team.

Probably true because aside of Parisé and Suter, I really don't know who might be the **** players mentioned by Kaprizov.

Edited by Math

Actually, according to the Foligno interview the ### players were taxi squad players which practiced with Kaprizov few times, but  Kaprizov wanted to play with veterans like Parise, Suter, Foligno, Spurgeon, Zuccarello, Hartman, Cam Talbot.  I still think that Evason was smart enough for not placing Kaprizov with Parise and Suter, but gradually he moved them to the 2nd; then 3rd; then 4th line and then benched at the end.

44 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Actually, according to the Foligno interview the ### players were taxi squad players which practiced with Kaprizov few times, but  Kaprizov wanted to play with veterans like Parise, Suter, Foligno, Spurgeon, Zuccarello, Hartman, Cam Talbot.  I still think that Evason was smart enough for not placing Kaprizov with Parise and Suter, but gradually he moved them to the 2nd; then 3rd; then 4th line and then benched at the end.

Evason knew they weren't the future so he paired him with Zucc and made him look like a genius. 😁
I could see it was almost an insult to be practicing with taxi squad level given the league he came from.
But it all worked out.

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 2:17 PM, ClusterChuck said:

Evason knew they weren't the future so he paired him with Zucc and made him look like a genius. 😁
I could see it was almost an insult to be practicing with taxi squad level given the league he came from.
But it all worked out.

He made Zucc look like a genius only when he paired him with Kaprizov. 😁. The year before Kaprizov was inserted into our team, no one was able to do this with Zucc even by persistent pairing with different players. We need more genius players in our team. I am glad Steel it seems is transforming into this one. I like his play more and more.