You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

JR Ewing

Eichel and Ristolainen frustrated

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 2:15 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

Risto is NOT THE PROBLEM.

You're right. The Sabres biggest problem is that:

A) The Boston Bruins don't ever have a losing season.

B) The Tampa Bay Lightning are a stacked team.

C) After decades of being a black hole, the light is now shining at the center of the hockey universe.  :) 

If the Leafs were a WWE wrestler, this would be their theme song right now:

:) 

Long story short: The Sabres are going to have to get used to not making the playoffs for quite some time. The top 3 aren't going away...... so the Sabres will be battling Metro teams for wild card spots if they want in.  

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

@WordsOfWisdom

At least Clark and Sundin had been in the playoffs by his age. Yes, it was easier to qualify in those days, but Eichel's teams have been so far out of reach of the playoffs that it's not even funny. If it was raining soup, Sabres management would be out there with a fork and knife.

Also: LOVED Wendel Clark.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

@WordsOfWisdom

At least Clark and Sundin had been in the playoffs by his age. Yes, it was easier to qualify in those days, but Eichel's teams have been so far out of reach of the playoffs that it's not even funny. If it was raining soup, Sabres management would be out there with a fork and knife.

That's why bad management is so frustrating for fans. Bad players can improve and/or be traded away. Bad management (which includes ownership) can be a very permanent thing.   

I get a better appreciation for Wendel Clark now than I did watching the Leafs back in the 90's. He was just an absolute beast. Excelled in all aspects of the game.  :) 

Back to Eichel, I think there's a good chance he demands to be traded, because I don't see him making the playoffs in Buffalo. There might be a small window coming up if Boston decides to rebuild, but the Bruins re-tool more than they re-build. So if they're down, it's only for a season and they're back again. Basically, the Sabres are going to be waiting for the core group on the Lightning and Leafs to age out (or Bettman's new permanent 24-team playoff) in order to get back in. Otherwise, the top of this division is occupied at the moment.   

22 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

@WordsOfWisdom

An oldie but a goodie...

23 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

You're right. The Sabres biggest problem is that:

A) The Boston Bruins don't ever have a losing season.

B) The Tampa Bay Lightning are a stacked team.

C) After decades of being a black hole, the light is now shining at the center of the hockey universe.  :) 

If the Leafs were a WWE wrestler, this would be their theme song right now:

:) 

Long story short: The Sabres are going to have to get used to not making the playoffs for quite some time. The top 3 aren't going away...... so the Sabres will be battling Metro teams for wild card spots if they want in.  

Lets not forget the Sabres owned the Leafs for a long time.  I am pretty sure their all time record vs the Leafs is very impressive and the Leafs have not won the Cup since before the birth of the Sabres franchise.  So I do not think the Sabres will stay bad forever.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Lets not forget the Sabres owned the Leafs for a long time.  I am pretty sure their all time record vs the Leafs is very impressive and the Leafs have not won the Cup since before the birth of the Sabres franchise.  So I do not think the Sabres will stay bad forever.

Every team has their kryptonite. Toronto's happens to be Boston and Buffalo. 

My point though is that Tampa and Toronto have their window of opportunity open right now to win. The Sabres aren't going to break into that top 3 until someone declines and it may actually be Boston that momentarily drops out of there first... but they don't stay down for long. Not many opportunities available to the Sabres right now. Only option is to wait if you're a Sabres fan.  :) 

18 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Torontos winning % vs Boston .490

vs Buffalo .447

vs Philly    .422  :poke:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Torontos winning % vs Boston .490

vs Buffalo .447

vs Philly    .422  :poke:

:lookssad:

Fortunately we don't play Philly very often since we're never in the same division.  :dancing:

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 10:55 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

My point though is that Tampa and Toronto have their window of opportunity open right now to win. The Sabres aren't going to break into that top 3 until someone declines and it may actually be Boston that momentarily drops out of there first... but they don't stay down for long. Not many opportunities available to the Sabres right now. Only option is to wait if you're a Sabres fan.  :) 

For now I really would like the Leafs to do well.  But like I have said, whoever wins it other than St Louis, gets an asterik

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

For now I really would like the Leafs to do well.  But like I have said, whoever wins it other than St Louis, gets an asterik

Why doesn't St. Louis get an asterisk by the way?  :thinking:

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Cause Rick picks them to win the cup every....single....year.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Cause Rick picks them to win the cup every....single....year.

which is generally the kiss of death... ;)

On 7/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

Because they are the current champions.  Wont be considered a fluke