Covid Cup roster

Icechipper

As I understand it, the NHL is allowing clubs to bring 28 skaters and four goaltenders to Phase II camps. I'll spitball a potential roster here. I have avoided allotting spots to juniors, late-season signing and college free agents. For ske of composition, I am choosing 18 forwards, 10 defenseman and four puck stoppers. All were on either the Minnesota or Iowa rosters this season. Here we go:

Centers

12 Staal

9 Koivu

14 Ek

27 Galchenyuk

49 Rask 

7 Sturm

Left wingers

11 Parise

18 Greenway

17 Foligno

6 Donato

37 Rau

74 Sokolov

Right wingers

36 Zucarello

22 Fiala

38 Hartman

19 Kunin

23 JT Brown

26 Mayhew

Outside shots:

41 Johnson (C/RW)

48 Sam Anas (C)

57 Mike Liambas (LW/Enforcer)

Defensemen

20 Suter

46 Spurgeon

25 Brodin

24 Dumba

21 Soucey

77 Hunt

29 Pateryn

44 Bartkowski

47 Belpedio

61 Mennell

Outside shots:

75 Falkovsky

79 Warner

Goaltenders

40 Dubnyk

32 Stalock

31 Kahkonov

42 Robson

I welcome your input and maybe your own Corona Hockey League lineup!

Edited by Icechipper
  • Like 1

Johnson is 25, a product of Grand Forks, N.D, four-year starter at the University of North Dakota. He has proven he can perform at the NHL level.....

Anas is among the hottest players in the AHL, a product  of Maryland, 28 years old, who played collegitly at Quinnipac University....put up 70 points in 63 games....

Edited by Icechipper

On 6/7/2020 at 10:38 AM, Icechipper said:

As I understand it, the NHL is allowing clubs to bring 28 skaters and four goaltenders to Phase II camps. I'll spitball a potential roster here. I have avoided allotting spots to juniors, late-season signing and college free agents. For ske of composition, I am choosing 18 forwards, 10 defenseman and four puck stoppers. All were on either the Minnesota or Iowa rosters this season. Here we go:

Centers

12 Staal

9 Koivu

14 Ek

27 Galchenyuk

49 Rask 

7 Sturm

Left wingers

11 Parise

18 Greenway

17 Foligno

6 Donato

37 Rau

74 Sokolov

Right wingers

36 Zucarello

22 Fiala

38 Hartman

19 Kunin

23 JT Brown

26 Mayhew

Outside shots:

41 Johnson (C/RW)

48 Sam Anas (C)

57 Mike Liambas (LW/Enforcer)

Defensemen

20 Suter

46 Spurgeon

25 Brodin

24 Dumba

21 Soucey

77 Hunt

29 Pateryn

44 Bartkowski

47 Belpedio

61 Mennell

Outside shots:

75 Falkovsky

79 Warner

Goaltenders

40 Dubnyk

32 Stalock

31 Kahkonov

42 Robson

I welcome your input and maybe your own Corona Hockey League lineup!

A small correction for Goaltenders names - it should be Kaapo Kahkonen, not Kahkonov. 

Here is a nice zone coverage link about him and other goaltenders prospects:

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/wild/kaapo-kahkonen-headlines-the-minnesota-wilds-suddenly-deep-goaltending-prospect-pool/

And also, according to the eliteprospects.com Sokolov is capable to play in both positions as a left winger and as a right winger:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/279385/dmitri-sokolov

• Like 2

I am really intrigued how this group will look out of the gate.  Some of the vets didn't sound all that excited about continuing the season.  While I think Evason will be extremely motivated I am not sure the whole club will be all in...and this could be an awfully long break and warm up to be done after a few games.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 11:52 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

I am really intrigued how this group will look out of the gate.  Some of the vets didn't sound all that excited about continuing the season.  While I think Evason will be extremely motivated I am not sure the whole club will be all in...and this could be an awfully long break and warm up to be done after a few games.  

I am really intrigued too. I hope the whole club also should be extremely motivated (not only Evason and Guerin) . We must to use that rare chance in maximum, which, probably, will never come again in the nearest future.

I just looked through the main Wild page, and found an article regarding Kaprizov update. Hope, this promising player will be signed to our club as soon as possible and we will not lose him despite of all current difficulties :

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/kirill-kaprizov-update-051920/c-316972724

Interesting that the Wild want him so bad - but are only offering him a 2 year deal...  I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes - but I would think any NHL team would be willing to gamble with him and do something more than a 2 year entry contract - which with this cover mess - and if they restart - would exhaust 1yr of that contract right out of the gates...

They can only offer him a 2-year deal based on his age.  As it would be his Entry Level contract.  If we can't sign him until January of 2021, it would be just a 1-year Entry Level contract and the year after that he'd be an RFA.