The Minnesota Wild Sign Kirill Kaprizov to 2-year deal

Unbelievable, as soon as the Wild club presented on You Tube the video  - Becoming Wild: Kirill Kaprizov from the comments below I found that most of the Russian Kaprizov's fans now watching the Wild games and in those comments I found also an interesting name by Russian fans  for Kaprizov , they called him CUPrizov, which means Cup Prize. The fans also sadly observed that video did not place his winning goal in Olympics which was an important part in his career. Anyway, it is a good video of the Wild real history.

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, Alexandron said:

Here is a new video from yesterday (4/9/21), which had more than 38,000 views in one day - Becoming WILD: Kirill Kaprizov:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVzxiGSgU8

Interesting, since the video was published on YouTube by the Wild organization we have already  122,803.00 views. I do not remember in the Wild history such a high interest to the Wild player among the fans around the world just in 5 days of the video presentation. Wow. He is really CUPrizov for the Wild team!!!

• Like 1

I just looked for other players Becoming Wild on their records on fans views. Second is Kevin Fiala - 109,000.00 views in 1 year. Our former player Eric Staal had 98,000.00 views in 3 years. Mats Zuccarello has about 49,000.00 views in 1 year. And CUPrizov now is having more than 136,000.00 views in 6 days, which is an outstanding record of interest around the world attracting to the Wild team.

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I just looked for other players Becoming Wild on their records on fans views. Second is Kevin Fiala - 109,000.00 views in 1 year. Our former player Eric Staal had 98,000.00 views in 3 years. Mats Zuccarello has about 49,000.00 views in 1 year. And CUPrizov now is having more than 136,000.00 views in 6 days, which is an outstanding record of interest around the world attracting to the Wild team.

That's a lot of jerseys sold, making the organisation stronger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

That's a lot of jerseys sold, making the organisation stronger.

Agree. Especially this is a very valuable thing during Covid pandemics as well as during absence or partially filled by fans arenas for these kind of short and strange NHL seasons and divisions. I think during a successful playoffs time ( hope we will see it some day for our team if plays as a team-first mentality at any lines) it is twice more important for the Wild organization to make it stronger. Hopefully, the Wild club will continue their attentive scouting for the real talents at any rounds of the NHL drafts like it happened with CUPrizov (our smiling little bear :wild:) who was a 5th round pick(#135th overall) and for the legend Pavel Datsyuk who was a 6th round pick(#171th overall) drafted by Red Wings in 1998. Because our life is always full of surprises which are sometimes not too good and sometimes are extremely good.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, lynxrattle said:

I'll never look down on a 5th or 6th round pick again 😅

I always look down on a lower round picks again and again, because it could be a valuable hidden treasure which is difficult to see initially. 🧐

I found a nice link on a hockeywilderness.com of Modano's talk regarding Kaprizov and Fiala talents:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2021/4/19/22389894/mike-modano-kaprizov-fiala-minnesota-wild-nhl

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I always look down on a lower round picks again and again, because it could be a valuable hidden treasure which is difficult to see initially. 🧐

I found a nice link on a hockeywilderness.com of Modano's talk regarding Kaprizov and Fiala talents:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2021/4/19/22389894/mike-modano-kaprizov-fiala-minnesota-wild-nhl

Very interesting observations by Modano. The one thing I would pick up is 97's relentlessness on the puck. He never quits on it. He's like hypnotized by the puck. That reminds me of Parise at his better days, in front of the goal. But with 97 it's all over the ice. He just hounds the puck. 

• Like 1

Michael Russo placed on his twit stats of the best rookie's achievements in the Wild history. They are:

Rookie goal scoring:

Kirill Kaprizov 18 goals, 44 games

Marian Gaborik 18 goals, 71 games

Pascal Dupuis 16 goals, 80 games

Wild rookie points

Kirill Kaprizov 37 points, 44 games

Marian Gaborik 36 points, 71 games

Filip Kuba 30 points, 70 games

I am hoping , that Kaprizov will be able to add to his records 8-10 more points and 5-8 goals in remaining 12 games this season.  Probably, this will be not an easy task because most of the games we will play against St. Louis team which is not a simple nut. But definitely, Kirill Kaprizov already made the history for the Wild club because he surpassed the 20 y.o. record by Marian Gaborik of  2000-2001 season.

Just found out that NHL has a second rookie from the Dallas team Jason Robertson and according to Michael Russo twit he is in race with Kaprizov on  Calder trophy this season. He has already 35 points vs Kaprizov 38 points. Let's hope the team will help to Kirill to get more points than Robertson in remaining games this season. Overall it would be a big achievement for the Wild club to have one Calder trophy winner in 20 years of the Wild history.

Let's ALL revisit Page 1 of this Thread.  I feel vindicated with Kap's performance, as he is even exceeding my expectations (where I said he would be better than Kuznetsov, but not quite Kucherov level).  There were some that did not agree with me.  I would like to correct myself.  I think Kap will equal or exceed Kucherov eventually - He is just THAT GOOD.  Now, it would help IMMENSELY if we get a true #1, OR EEK continues his significant development this year and becomes one.  Kap is on track to be Top 5-10 in the NHL by NEXT YEAR IMHO.  I would be interested in everyone else's perspective now that we are down to about 10 games left........

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Just found out that NHL has a second rookie from the Dallas team Jason Robertson and according to Michael Russo twit he is in race with Kaprizov on  Calder trophy this season. He has already 35 points vs Kaprizov 38 points. Let's hope the team will help to Kirill to get more points than Robertson in remaining games this season. Overall it would be a big achievement for the Wild club to have one Calder trophy winner in 20 years of the Wild history.

Robertson really stood under the radar since recently, piling up points on a regular basis in a division where nobody cares. He was quickly aligned with Pavelski and Hintz and is taking over business when Hintz is out. That race is fun because it's two players that have opposite profiles: while Kaprizov is a real playmaker, technically strong and fast, Robertson is a below-average skater but with a very high hockey IQ and a very good shot. Moreover, the two first picks (Lafrenière and Stützle) are out of it. Lankinen could have been in the hunt but he faded a bit the last couple of games.

Robertson is great. I still hope Kap wins the trophy, and I think he should, because Robertson is playing with Hintz when Hintz is capable of playing, and an injured Hintz is a way better center than our healthy centers. Kaprizov creates more just by himself, Robertson needs more support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math said:

I also thought Robertson benefitted a lot when playing on the 1st unit, but this is quite interesting:

If we were to switch Kaprisov and Robertson, my money would be on Kaprisov being over a ppg. 

Now, I'm not going to disagree that Pavelski and Hintz (along with the rest of the good center depth that Dallas has) haven't benefited from being on a line with Robertson.  However, one would have to be out of their mind to suggest that Rask and Zuccarello are better linemates than Pavelski and Hintz.

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

Robertson is definitely not carried by anyone. He's legit. I'd still say that if he was playing with the linemates Kap is playing, Kap would have the upper hand.   

Quite honestly, I think so too. Kaprizov can be a real game-changer, being absolutely dominant for the years to come and despite being really good with a tremendous hockey vision, I don't envision this for Robertson. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Robertson have got one more point last night and now is 2 points behind Kaprizov (36 vs Kirill's 38). Hope Kaprizov will be able to improve his points record tonight.

And he did. 2 goals tonight put him now 4 points ahead of Jason Robertson. Kaprizov is having  so far 40 points (21 goals and 19 assists) in 46 played games this regular season.