Senators to reveal new logo and jersey

Puck_Pun

It's the old 2D logo. And the Jersey they had until 2007.

https://www.silversevensens.com/2020/7/13/21323076/report-ottawa-senators-rebranding-to-2d-uniforms-for-2020-2021-season-vintage-jerseys-nhl-draft

I find it curious they're changing considering their own market research said the 3D logo was overwhelmingly the most favoured, especially among young fans

16 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

I find it curious they're changing considering their own market research said the 3D logo was overwhelmingly the most favoured, especially among young fans

I like them both. The 2D logo was simple and effective, and the 3D logo was more bold and in your face.

The reason the team dumped the 2D logo (let's be honest) is that it's associated with a losing franchise. The 2D logo screams "we lost 60 games". The logo change coincided with the team becoming legit.

Same thing happened in Toronto. The Leafs were a winning franchise who changed their perfect logo towards the end of the 60's and look what happened. The Leafs went on an epic losing run, and sifted through a variety of ugly looking leaf logos before ultimately scrapping the block leaf logo they wore until recently. They went back to the logo from the 60's and now the Leafs are once again a legit contender. 

My favourite Sens logo is either the 2D logo or the first 3D logo that they had (which they wore for one season - in 2006 I believe). The team nearly won a Stanley Cup while wearing that logo, changed it, and haven't been back since.

This is the logo that has long been associated with the Sens being a losing franchise:

sens1.jpg.1be654f20df4f8210ac3ea539f4a3af2.jpg

The Sens greatest success ever was achieved while wearing this logo:

sens2.jpg.f4ab320bc583997385df4bad261816b4.jpg

:) 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

• 2 months later...